Whitelist Application: Kuro

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
MrTwinkie
MC name: MrTwinkie XD

Whitelist Application: Kuro

Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: MrTwinkie XD
Discord Username: orkydorky
Pronouns (optional): ---
Where did you hear about us: Searched "Serious Roleplay" into Planet Minecraft.
Tell us a little about yourself: People call me Ork, I've been roleplaying for years and made a lot of big discord roleplayers and RP's in other places. I'm kinda new to MC Roleplaying, I've done it before but it was some time ago, I feel like it's reality immersive so I'm trying again.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is meta-gaming? Metagaming is using information your character wouldn't otherwise know.
What is power-gaming / god-modding? Powergaming is forcefully projecting your roleplay over someone elses, in a way that hinders their ability to roleplay.
What is retroactive continuity? (retcon): When your character does or says something contradictory with previous story.
What is Character Bleed, and how can you prevent it? : Character Bleed involves OOC personal emotions into your character or vice versa becoming so immersed in your character you might become so passionate it makes others uncomfortable.
Do you have previous experience playing on an RP server? Yes.

-General Character Questions-
Full name: "Kuro"
Appearance: Kuro possesses abnormally "generic" clothing, almost comedically generic in contrast to other trainers. He is average in height and appearance, only notably having a unique hairstyle of wooly thick black hair unfashionably tousled down his face. He wears generic worker clothes, a collared white shirt with suspenders going down towards his belt, looped within baggy jeans; although it seems they are stylishly unkept. Across his right hand is a glove, dusty and cracked within its leather it was worn and was previously worn by his brother, which has a regional symbol on it but is too worn to make out.

Personality:
Kuro is undoubtedly nihilistic, with a mindset that leads him to lack care in everyday things. However, a newfound burning passion resides deep within him, causing occasional eruptions of ambition that comically contrast with his usual demeanor. This may lead some to believe Kuro has a split personality, in-truth he struggles to sustain his passion.
He perceives himself as a mere follower, a background character seamlessly blending into crowds with a lack of individuality or presence. Kuro's struggle to stay passionate manifests in his alternating states of apathy and intense heroism. In moments of heightened ambition, he becomes exceptionally heroic, displaying a selfless nature. For instance, if a wild Pokémon were to threaten a child, Kuro would instinctively intervene, even at the risk of grave injury. Kuro tends to be able to easily build friendships with Pokemon as if a naturally born trainer without having the knowledge that most trainers would have; his care and attention seem to grow a connection between his and Pokemon hearts.

Biography: When born he was named "Kakui Koho," living in the Alola Region, Kuro's early life involved sandy shores and the nurturing care of his mother. At the age of 11, a drastic shift occurred as he was sent to Unova, becoming the heir to his father's business empire. This forced him into a reality of relentless studies and demanding training. His brother, sent to live with him, chose a different path, leaving at 12 to pursue a life as a passionate Pokémon trainer which his father saw as disgraceful. Despite the physical distance, they maintained a connection through heartfelt letters, with Kuro's brother rapidly achieving victories outside the city.

Around thirteen Kuro's life was struck with tragedy; His brother had attempted to stop a powerful feral Pokemon which led to his unfortunate demise. Unable to reach his brother's bedside in time, Kuro was left with a tattered glove, a poignant memento. This loss fueled Kuro's descent into nihilism, leading to academic failure and eventual disownment by his father. Adopting the name Kuro, he chased financial stability as a corner store cashier. At 18, a transformative moment occurred as he witnessed a Pokémon battle between forces of good and evil. A heroic figure and their skilled Pokémon saved Kuro from a feral attack, reigniting the spark of heroism within him. Inspired by his brother's passion, Kuro embarked on a journey to follow in his sibling's heroic footsteps, embracing a newfound purpose.

Flaws: Kuro lacks ambition, without it, he becomes a shell and incapable of tapping into his true power. He is only driven by blood-pumping and thrilling events that bring out his fiery passion.

Ambitions: Kuro's ambition is endless and depthless, burning endlessly only bound by himself. Kuro aspires to be a truth-seeker, a courageous outgoing hero who will go out of his way to save others. To one day go down in history as a symbol of courage and heroism.

Starter Pokemon: Fletchling
Nature: Brave
Size: Average
Ability: Big Pecks
Fletchling was an abandoned bird left on the precipice of a tree. Upon spotting it Kuro climbed it barring many scars from its treacherousness and nursing it back to health spending his last remaining money to feed it. Ever since Fletchling has refused to leave Kuro Kuro has been stuck with it, most commonly nesting within his hair.

Skin: Image

-Open Response Questions-
3. Responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.][/size]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Kuro is walking through the bustling city, towards the inner city where he had a long walk to an interview at the top of the hour. Suddenly a girl came up to him with such demands and Kuro looked at her with blank eyes. The bustling of the bus echoes around, it's reached its stop nearby and Kuro glances over to the tree...

"Sorry little gal', I've got little time, I've got a job interview soon... " He said simply beginning to walk past the girl, leaving her behind as he looked down at his watch, the top of the hour was nearly approaching and he would barely make it at this pace, completely ignoring her. Then with every step his heartbeat thumped just as hard until its echo was a drum in his ears, he stopped just a few feet from her, holding a suitcase of his belongings it suddenly dropped. His heartbeat was now twice as fast as he turned, seeing the tears pile up in the girl's eyes. Then brief flashes of his past overcame him, the scenery of him saving his Fletchling from the same scenario. "No, I have to..." He murmured to the girl and left behind his only chance of getting that job. He bursts down towards the tree, running up it with little care for his own body, scraping and scratching himself on the way to the top of it. It was like his body couldn't stop moving or he couldn't stop himself from pursuing it. In a flash his hands coddled around the Meowth, he skids back down the tree ruffling his uniform, leaving him kneeling at the base of the tree, holding the Meowth in a comforting fashion...

The girl grasps it hugging it in emotional upheaval, thanking Kuro. Though as Kuro had glanced up, grasping his suitcase quickly, he glanced at his watch to see it was ten after, he'd missed his interview.
---

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pokeball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Kuro walks calmly into the ambush, his clothes ruffled from the previous encounter with the girl, and he could only say; "Today isn't taking a liking to me, Huh?" as he sees his day fall into a downward spiral. His ambition grows dim, and the Ratata charges at him. Before Fletchling comes from his head cutting the Rattata off with a Quick Attack. The clash sends a surge through Kuro's body, as his heart thumps loudly he stands forward and a smile grows upon his face.

"You're right Fletchling, Now's no time to back down... You better be prepared!"He warns the trainer, An exchange of Quick Attacks whizzes past the two trainers as the battle takes place in awe. It felt like time had stopped when Kuro suddenly saw an opening in Rattata's movement and h thrust a finger forward. "Fletchling use Peck, now!" and Fletchling flew fourth, only to be tackled by Rattata and sent spiraling into a tree. His Fletchling left unconscious the trainer laughed condensendingly at Kuro. "What a chump!" he says, walking off claiming victory... Kuro grasps his fletchling who sputtered awake, chirping boastfully as if ready for round two. This made Kuro burst into laughing facepalming, in defeat he sat there holding his Fletchling who seemed to embody that lack of Kuro's fighting spirit.

Return to “Inactive Applications”