xiolania Whitelist Application!

xiolania
MC name: xiolania

xiolania Whitelist Application!

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: xiolania
Discord Username: xiolania
Pronouns (optional): Any are fine
Where did you hear about us: Pixelmon Server Searcher!
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello! I'm Xio! (Pronounced Shio but with the S being harsher). I'm a freshman in College whos majoring in Marketing and a Minor in Creative Writing. I absolutely love creating characters and worlds and my dream job is to become a lore writer or character writer for a gaming company similar to Riot and Blizzard (without those company scandals). I absolutely love writing and play Dungeons and Dragons on Fridays. I've played pokemon since I've been born honestly and minecraft is a newer edition to my nerdy interests. I want to join this community because I think a roleplaying community that has stayed active and dedicated for 10 years is amazing and I would love to be apart!

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words & You are free to delete anything of the things in ()s ]
What is meta-gaming?: Meta gaming is when you use information that only yourself out of character would know inside of roleplay where your own character would not know the information.
What is power-gaming / god-modding?: Power gaming is when you try to take control of somebody elses character or when you make your character invincible and without consequences.
What is retroactive continuity? (retcon): Retconning is when you essentially delete a specific moment or element that had happened from the canon of a story to make the story more cohesive or even just because you didnt like it. It should be agreed on with others if you had roleplayed these moments with others.
What is Character Bleed, and how can you prevent it? : A character bleed is when you yourself out of character feel so much for the character that you are playing that you may take the actions that happen to your character personally or feel the emotions personally. To prevent this I think it takes a good state of mind and self, as well as to create a character that isn't too much part of yourself. You should also communicate with your roleplay partner so that you can sort things out!
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?: I do not have any experience in a minecraft roleplay server but I have had my fair share of experience with discord roleplay servers.

-General Character Questions-
Full name: Minho Kang (or Kang Minho depending on if you read it in a korean context.)
Appearance: Minho can be described as a scraggly giant. His stature is extremely broad and toned, looking as if he could push a sleeping Aggron if he really tried hard enough and a Bonsly with a mere push. His large stature (standing at a large 6’5!) is followed with tight fit and ripped clothing. A ripped black shirt and a very damaged brown cargo jacket, paired with a light blue pair of ripped jeans. He looks as though he woke up from the dumpster and started lifting the dumpster for sport. By no means does this make Minho unattractive, at least in the face. He has a very handsome face, at least that's what his mom and her village friends say. Although he can be kind of dirty most of the time, with dirt covering his clothes and face, no one really knows if this is a stylistic choice or not. He smells like sweat but not in a nasty funky way, just like someone who works extremely hard! His hair is black and scruffy but still cute short. His eyes are a pearls of dark brown.

Personality: An extremely altruistic boy without a shred of selfishness in his body. Minho can be described as an angel who fell on earth. All his life all he wanted to do was to help people, make sure that the ones he loved where okay. His altruism comes with a contagious friendliness and an ability to find the good in people who show the opposite. Those who oppose him are met with questions trying to boil down why they were acting like that so that Minho could help them feel better. Even if this doesn't work Minho is still extremely nice to that person, hoping that their day would get better. He can be quite stubborn and will do everything in and out of his power to get a task done. He also really loves to help those who are less fortunate than him, which he sees as everyone! He thinks his life is too good to ever be complaining about it, even if he sleeps outside and has no money for anything! His lack of self-care can lead to a lot of issues if he feels that he has not done enough to help, leading to eventual self destruction in order to feel as though he's done his part. Not sleeping, eating, anything about looking out for himself goes away until he finishes the task he was assigned or wants to do. He is also a very large airhead, he doesn't really get any sarcasm or figures of speech because he never really had an education. Very much a large himbo.

Biography:

Born the first child to a farming family in Tianguo. He grew up with an extremely large work ethic. Both of his parents being physically disabled led to him taking over the farm as soon as he could learn to walk. As the years went by his parents had 5 more kids! At 10 Minho tasked himself to take care of his parents, the farm, and all his siblings! Surprisingly, he did it without question or complaint and his parents couldn't be prouder. He spent his time teaching his siblings the same work ethic while caring for the farm, selling the crops, and picking up goods for his parents if they needed it. He always placed a smile on his face so that no one had to worry about the deprivation of a childhood that he endured.

Before his siblings were born he always idolized pokemon trainers. He wanted to be just like them, but with the farm, siblings, and his parents there was no way he could do that. He set his dreams aside for the longest time before the opportunity finally approached him.

His one and only "selfish" act. His mother told him that in Toro he could start a farm with a future family, he was finally 18 and he needed to get out there in the world. He saw this as an opportunity to pick up his old dream and finally try to to have it come to fruition. With 5 crying children in his arms and proud parents, he told the next eldest sister to take good care of the others and left on a boat to Toro.

In Toro he plans on spending his time working and sending every single cent to his family, wanting to take good care of them even when he is gone. He's essentially homeless, not because of circumstance but purely because he thinks others need it more. He wants to become a pokemon trainer, a famous one, so one day he can build a farm where his whole family can live.

Flaws: He can become extremely self destructive if he feels as though he is not enough, not caring for himself until he feels as though he's been validated. He is also very unintelligent in terms of just smarts, he can make very poor choices only because he genuinely didn't know that it would be a poor choice.
Ambitions: He wants to become a famous pokemon trainer, champion even! He also want's to own a farm in Toro.

Starter Pokemon: Mincinno, Level 5, Female, Giant, Skill Link

Skin: https://imgur.com/a/GohX0ZI

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[There is a 150+ word minimum for two of the scenarios, you can choose which. You only need to do 2 out of 3. Responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Minho pats his hands together after he has just laid some bricks for the local business. "Hello little girl! Hmm let me see if I can help!" Minho walks over to the tree and looks up at the Meowth, flashing an extremely happy smile. "What a cute kitty!" Minho's giant stature lets him kind of just tippy toe to reach the Meowth, extending his arms which are thicker than the branch of the tree. "Your owner misses you! With a face that cute anyone would miss ya!" Minho let out a big chuckle and reached toward the cat. The Meowth slowly approached his arm and rode atop of it. Minho walked back toward the small girl and kneeled down so that he could be eye to eye with her. "Next time this happens be sure to be strong and try your hardest before searching for help. And if you ever need help again try to find me!" Minho let the Meowth off his arm and patted the small child's head, his hand being larger than her head. "Take care!"

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

"Why I came here... hmm that is a very good question." Minho crossed his arms and thought for a long moment. "I want to help my family make money, to become a pokemon trainer, I mean what isn't there to do here." Minho smiled at the interviewer "I plan on starting work as soon as possible to support my family as well as spending my off time training my pokemon to the best of my abilities. I will become a successful pokemon trainer and farmer soon dont you worry. I hope you will support my journey! As for where I am heading... I guess to my first job! Did you need something to be fixed or maybe someone to hold the camera." Minho looks around at the no camera man. Theres no camera man because this is not a news channel but he didn't realize. "You definitely need a camera man I think."
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: xiolania Whitelist Application!

Welcome! Thank you for the changes!
When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability ( if you want one of these, you're best with asking around )
I'll also let you know, since it's easy to miss but! We do level the playing field a little bit and provide Max IVs / near Max IVs for Hidden Powers - though people still need to breed if they want specific stats ( like 0 atk ) and for the rest :3 ! There's a NPC to do that in our Battle Tower!

But outside of all that WELCOME! The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and
You can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info! You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns.
^^ I recommend giving the New Player Guide a read~

Return to “Accepted Applications”