The Prophet's Announcement

An outlet for IC media-oriented posts; IC radio announcements, tv shows, newspapers, etc. Stay up-to-date on all major events in Toro.
stowaway8888
MC name: stowaway8888/Dayre_

The Prophet's Announcement

Recordings of the speech given by the Order of 1000 Arms spiritual leader, The Prophet, have been playing on several news programs for those who missed it.

The cameras would all be focused on the impressive form of the Prophet, clad in a new and more elaborate white and golden cloak with a face as ever hidden under an emotionless mask. His arms raised to the sky as his voice would boom from the screens - almost as if he was right there in person.

CHILDREN OF ARCEUS! I come to you on this day of good cheer and merriness to bring you wonderful news - for the age of the “gods” is finally coming to a close. For approximately one year from this time - The Day of Convergence shall take place." The Prophet waved his hand as an image of a very odd-looking contraption appeared on the screens behind him. “Putting to better use a certain Time-Space Orrery of Old Michina, the Temporal, Spatial, and Distortion Worlds shall converge in alignment with our own. On this day, we shall use the power of Arceus themselves - for They have provided it in fragments across our world.”

The images change once again to the image of a large-but-unfinished tower, the construction clearly in its final stages. Three large pedestals sit equidistantly around it, and running along the bottom are several tubes; Many of them have some kind of boxlike attachment at one end.. At the center of the base is some type of cannon - and above it, unmistakably the Griseous Orb.

“With the Plates of Arceus and the horrid Dreadwyrm Giratina’s orb, this Timespace Projector shall cause a false disturbance in the Timespace continuum to draw out the attention of the Elder Dragons. And upon them leaving the safety of their worlds, I shall use a holy weapon crafted from the soul of the planet itself - the Red Chains. And with these Chains, I shall bind the dragons from their thrones, and end their rule of terror over all of humanity!”

Loud cheering and praise could be heard from over the screen, from where the Prophet was giving his speech in real-time. As he waited for it to die down, his voice became more subdued - almost hesitant, in a way. “There is… one more thing I wish to share with you today. I have… not been entirely honest with you, my friends. For many years I had hidden my face with a variety of excuses… because I was ashamed. Afraid. For the false gods had placed a curse upon me for my crusade against them, to cause fear in others from my appearance.”

The man took a moment, his head moving up as his hands squeezed together in their clasp. “But someone dear to me once said we must treat people with kindness, no matter who they are. And because of your support… I can finally remove this mask!” With that, his hands raised up to his head, and he pulled off the full-head mask… to reveal the man underneath. With a tired, but still positive smile, he gazed down at the crowd in front of him - almost as if he was staring directly at you. “The age of the false divine is at a close. So together - let us unite together for a new, bright future for humanity!”

And with that, the speech ends with the loudest cheering yet from those who were physically present.

Return to “Toro Media”