MC name: D_v0id
Discord: v0idz?#8708

v0idz Application form

Minecraft Username:
D_v0id
Discord Username:
v0idz?#8708

Where did you hear about us?:
I recently learned about “Toro-league” through a friend which got me back into Pokemon and Minecraft as a whole and was excited to try and enter this server.

Tell us a little about yourself:
My name is Adrian, and I’m full Filipino. I’ve been into pokemon from a really young age and wasn't able to fully experience it personally when it came to actual pokemon games so joining a big community that shares the same interests as me is really thrilling. I play sports such as Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, and more. I'm really into video games that I can invest in grinding while enjoying it. In my spare time I cook for myself and sometimes family.

What is roleplaying:
Roleplaying is reenacting a genre, place, time, & etc. Roleplaying is when you create a character for yourself which helps you feel like you are that person that you've created in that setting which isn't real. Roleplay helps people’s imagination and creativity run free especially in RPG games such as minecraft which is basically an endless world which you can do anything in.

What is meta-gaming:
Metagaming, also known as breaking the fourth wall, is when you have information about the world or things in such a world without your character experiencing any of this information based on the topic. Randomly gaining knowledge on the world without experience breaks the fourth wall which ruins the realistic feeling of a roleplay.

What is power-gaming/godmodding?
Power gaming is giving an action too much power and controls the actions of themselves and other players actions at the same time making the game almost unplayable. An example of this would be stealing a person's turn to hit them repetitively which ruins the fun of the game for both players.

What is retroactive continuity?
A retroactive continuity is adding small or big details to your characters story that wasn't previously there. Adding details to your character's story whether you forgot to add in or to improve your own experience. Any new information added to your character makes it harder to tell whether you're in character, out of character, or making random things up.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
The difference between IC and OOC is that IC is talking and acting as your own character while OOC is when you act as yourself outside of the server.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
A few years ago I’d role play with a few friends in SMP’s which had a tiny bit of lore and I’ve played Vindexcraft with a friend. Vindex was a city based rp server which had law’s . officers. And political roles.

General Character Questions

Full Name:
Nicholas “Niko” Ven

Appearance:
Niko has Brown messy-ish hair with crimson brown eyes. He’s a small kid who is around 5’7 who is pretty scrawny for his age. Niko’s posture is really bad from a young age because of the lack of motivation for life as a whole and walks with a tiny limb from an accident where he injured his leg when he was around 8-9. Niko prefers wearing his old man’s worn out brown trench coat. Niko likes to wear neutral colours that match with his worn out coat. Niko wears black shoes that he has had since he was 14 trying to save his mom’s money for food and for shelter.

Personality:
Niko is overall kind-hearted, shy, reckless, cocky and an awkward person. Niko is a competitive person when it comes to his friend Tyler Narsus always trying to prove which of the two are better than one another. Niko at a young age never ate trying to save money for his family. He still doesn't eat much to feel like he's not anyone’s burden. Niko is a lazy person who wants to compete in the Toro league to prove that he is better than Tyler with his very small swablu while having a very small cast of friends. He doesn't like meeting many new people and his main friends are his pokemon and Tyler.

Biography:
When Niko was a kid his mother had spent all of her money on gambling, missing house payments etc putting herself deep into debt. Niko is a kid who lived in the lowest parts of Alola after fleeing his mothers debts. Niko was raised by only his mother due to his father being absent in his life being an adventurer who died due to disease this makes Niko have a soft side when it comes to the well being of anyone or anything. When Niko was about 8 a family named the “ Narsus’ ' visited them which his mother has known for a while is when he met a boy named Tyler Narsus who was a family friend who flew out from Hoenn. Tyler forced Niko to go exploring with him into Seaward cave where Tyler sees a blue ball and drags Niko towards it. They eventually find an opening where they see an injured spheal and swablu. Rushing towards the pokemon (Niko towards the Swablu and Tyler towards the Spheal) Niko gives the injured swablu his leftover sandwich that his mother gave him that he wasn't going to eat anyways. Swablu quickly ate the sandwich and got up from laying down and was picked up by Niko. As the four of them leave the cave they run into an aggressive houndour which attacks them injuring Niko’s leg and Tyler’s eye. They barely get away using swablu’s cotton to slow the houndour down and explain to their parents about what happened and if they could keep it. Tyler’s parents were easy to convince about his spheal but for Niko it wasn't as easy. At first Niko’s mother thought that the injury was caused by the swablu which Niko explained to his mother.
His mother was hesitant at first but after an hour of convincing and begging he finally got the approval of his mother. Being that swablu is his 2nd ever friend Niko names the swablu “Sora”. When Tyler eventually flies back home to Hoenn Niko feels like his life is boring and has no meaning so he goes out at night and does underground battles with his swablu to pay off his moms debt day by day and while practising to challenge the higher leagues because of underground battles being child's play for him. Niko planned to meet up with his old friend Tyler in Toro to meet up and to see which of the two are better by challenging the league.

Flaws:
As a kid Niko got into an incident where a rock fell on his leg injuring it which to this day makes it so that he walks with a tiny limb due to it never fully recovering. Niko also has a small attention span having mild ADHD.

Ambitions:
Niko’s dream is to become someone relevant by becoming a gym leader, beating the elites etc to prove that people from anywhere in the world no matter their status can become someone relevant. Niko’s goal also helps him prove that he is better than his friend Tyler. If Niko’s dreams are too unrealistic he wants to become a poke doctor

Starter Pixelmon:
Swablu

Skin: https://skinmc.net/en/profile/D_v0id.1

OPEN RESPONSE QUESTIONS :

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks

Niko: “Oh, hey. Don't worry I’ll get him down for you”
as they walk towards the tree with the meowth in it Niko throws down a pokeball
As a swablu exits the pokeball
Niko: “Hey Sora you mind helping me get that meowth in the tree?”
As he points towards the top of the tree where the meowth resides
Swablu nods his head as he flies upwards towards the meowth.
Niko: “ throw him down gently towards me alright? Gently.” in a soft tone
Swablu slowly goes to the meowth and throws the meowth not as gently as Niko expects
Niko dives towards the meowth right before it hits the ground and he lays on his back and says : “Hey Sora, that's not what I meant by gently.” as the swablu flies down to his face as Niko sighs in relief.
He gets up and says “Sorry to make you worry. My partner isn't the brightest”
As swablu repetitively pecks Niko
“I’m joking, I’m Joking”
as he pushes the bird away as he hands the little girl her meow.
“Now that we have that settled. Where are your parents” Niko says
The little girl points towards her parents speaking to someone as she drags Niko with her to speak with them.
The father: “How’d you get him down?”
The little girl “This nice man helped me and mittens out!”
The father looks at Niko and says “ Thank you for everything. I was trying to get help but it seems like you’ve already done it for me!”
Niko: “No need to thank me. I should be apologising about how rough this little guy treated mittens” as he points to Sora
The father: “ As long as her mittens are alright I'm alright as well!” as he raises his hand to shake Niko’s hand
As they shake hands Niko says his goodbye and walks into town to continue his adventures.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard.

Niko: “ Oh, uh hey thank you. ""Uhm, I’m from Alola and I came here to challenge the Toro league to prove myself to the world.”
The woman in shock says “ You? Aren't you scared about the challenges ahead?”
“Yes I am but I know some way or another it's gonna happen”
The women says “ well I wish you the best of luck on your journeys”
Niko: “Thank you yet again. I have to get going I think I just saw a familiar face”
(which is an excuse to get away)
As Niko slowly walks away from the girl towards the town.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: v0idz Application form

I'm the one posting this but it was a group effort! Big thanks to the app checkers who helped- especially you Bedtime, bless.

The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and you can a link to the installation guide in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info. You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns. I can't wait to see you around!

Return to “Accepted Applications”