Melbeaver
MC name: Melbeaver

Melbeaver's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Melbeaver
Discord Username: Mehlor#1101
Pronouns (optional):
Where did you hear about us: Chatter in a discord call
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an australian man! just.. chilling? don't really like talking in vc's, active most of the time thanks to a job. I've been an avid rper for a bit and would like to give this server a go.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?: Creating stories and interacting with other characters through emotes, playing a role.

What is meta-gaming?: Using information you gained out of character for use in character, e.g. spreading secrets oocly, or telling tales that you learned from a discord call, but your character never learnt about irply.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?: Rping in a way that empowers your characters to an unreasonable extent, forcing actions upon others without giving them a chance to retaliate.

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon): Being able to completely void or change some part of roleplay that happened in the past, to better fit or compliment events currently happening

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?: IC means in character, playing as your soul or persona on the server, ooc means acting and representing yourself, gotta keep em' seperate!

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance): Yes! I've played on servers like frp and LF for a while now.

-General Character Questions-
Full name: Salem Collymore
Appearance: A thin and wiry boy almost constantly clad in some kind of.. fancy attire! soft greens and dirty browns primarily, he hasn't had great luck with his eyes in the past, and thus requires the use of a bulky pair o' spectacles to see! He's pale, rather diminutive in stature (somewhere about 5'5) he's a pair of light brown eyes, large and magnified thanks to the glasses. He has clear skin, not a scratch or nick about his form!

Personality: Whilst meek and quiet at a first glance, Salem can get more than passionate about what he loves, animals, bugs anything living drives a certain fascination into him! They're not naturally competitive, rather he dislikes the notion of battling Pokémon, seeing them hurt unnerves him to no end! His motivation? simply to document and record all manor of Pokémon, and animals doing whatever he must to learn all about em.

Biography: Born to a well off family in the south of Avalon, the Collymore's were a studious sort, a large family.. his parents barely ever paid him mind, distant and cold, so Salem found respite in the nature that surrounded his home, spending hours.. upon hours digging through the dirt and mud of the gardens, searching through fish and plants! never did he find much interest in his studies but this had him hooked. His early childhood was spent away from people, near plants.. which lead him to have a rather rough time throughout his early tutelage at some posh academy. Of course, he graduated with flying colours! with a wave off to his parents and family, he set out to Toro, to document the Pokémon there as part of his college thesis.

Flaws: A lack of people skills, never was he popular at school, nor went out of his way to collect friends, it simply wasn't one of his priorities! he's also.. rather twiggly and thin, due to a lack of any /real/ effort running about!

Ambitions: To document and learn about all known pokemon for himself! Perhaps.. Even learning about how /poke-centres/ work.. are they like.. magic? he's not sure! nevertheless something to learn!

Starter Pokemon: A grumpy shroomish, who Salem affectionately calls Marvin, met after he'd accidentally mistaken the pokemon for an abnormally large mushroom!

Skin: Image

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

"Ah..?" the twiggy man was stood at the bottom of said tree, his lips formed to a thin line.. looking to the girl, then the meowth at the tree.. He hadn't a clue what to say and just.. nodded! trying his hand at climbing the tree, one notch at the time Salem climbed, before finally reaching for the Meowth! carefully did he grasp for it, hugging it tight to his chest before descending.. he handed it off, before simply walking out on his way!

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

"..." He blinked, looking from the clipboard to the lady "Hey- it's.. there.. /I/ came to look at.. /things/ bugs, and whatnot." Salem cleared his throat, pointing off to the nearest patch of long grass, another long pause later he opened his maw "Avalon...?- just to the south, now if you.. would /please/.." Salem then shuffled about the woman, attempting to SWIFTLY jog off.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pokeball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?[/center][/center]

"You- No.. I.. I haven't the time." with an apologetic nod, Salem tighened his hold on the bag that lay slung over his shoulder "And you best take care of her- the rattata, they famously do not have.. the vitality for long duels.." with a huff and turning up of his chin, he walked off again, leaving the young lad to challenge the next poor sop to challenge him! behind Salem trailed a rather grumpy looking shroomish.
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Melbeaver's Application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!
󠀠
󠀠
As a reminder! Feel free to join our discord to get the fastest updates as to when events will be held and for other important information!
󠀠
󠀠

Return to “Accepted Applications”