Application of Indawo_Yokulwa

IdawoYokulwa
MC name: Indawo_Yokulwa

Application of Indawo_Yokulwa

Ingame username: Indawo_Yokulwa

Where did you hear about us?:
I was googling roleplay server and found this one in 3 month old reddit comment. Fr.

Tell us a little about yourself:
My name’s Michael. I am from Poland. Found myself a fan of retro games since my friend showed me GBA emulator. It evolved into other emulators and game mods, such as Pixelmon. Irl I don’t really have much spare time. I am studying mechanical engeneering, working, staying in shape and trying to have social life wich makes me unable to have fun gaming everyday.

What is roleplaying:
It's possibility to escape from everyday problems. Roleplaying gives us a chance to become someone who we really want to be while having great fun with other people. That creates big variety of creating different communities that are connetded by same interests, characters and someitmes issuses and lets those people feel free.

What is meta-gaming:
I would say some kind of using information out of game in game? Like Annie doesn’t know that Tibbears after patch deals extra 2 dmg but you know, right? Kinda breaking fourth wall and using outside knowledge.

What is power-gaming/godmodding?:
Sucking all fun from being role-player and trying to get in control of other people and their behavior. Noone likes tryhards, right?😊

What is retroactive continuity?
That's changing, ereasing or adding something to the story or character that has nothing to do with past. Breaking contunuity (especially when someone has profits out of it) makes roleplaying pointless since it's not role then. It's creating scenarios at your discretion.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In-character is staying in borders of roleplaying. Not breaking fourth wall and keeping immersion on high level. Out of character is all about not being in roleplay.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
Yes, couple of times. And I went to some roleplay board games sessions.

General Character Information:

Full name: Indawo Yokulwa (that’s from Xhosa, nothing insulting)
Appearance:
6’1 ft, blonde. Heavy guy. Like you know those people who are not fat or fit. Just heavy. Likes to get into expensive fits and brushes hair more that once per day. Never cares about about uniforms or dress codes. Always having a big smile on his face.

Personality:
Talkative, charismatic, always in mood. Loves sarcasm and irony but is friendly to almost everyone. Free soul that want’s to travel, meet people and make friends with everyone. Cares about family and close friends more than anything. Hardworking yet always fresh and full of energy. Ambitious and kind of materialistic because of complexes, but trying not to put it on other people.

Biography:
Born and raised in Unova region, Opelucid City by lower middle class. He was only child but always-working parents didn’t give him enough attention so he was misbehaving all his early life. He was bullied in primary school and became a bully in high school. Never struggling with education, but almost expelled from school couple of times due to talking back, fights and being small demon. In highschool made friends and finally started talking responsibility for what he did. Became abitious in every aspect of life. Finished high school with good grades (yet still bad behavior grades), but never went to college since he wanted to understand life better. Indawo spent four years meeting people, making friends, raising some money and gathering experience but he knew it’s not enough. While thinking about his next steps he took a long walk in middle of the night. While walking he saw couple grunt trying to catch pig alike pokemon. Ran to rescue this fella and since he wasn’t small he achieved succes. Pokemon turned out to be Tepig, but he wasn’t just casual Tepig. That one was yellow instead of orange. Tepig trusted him and followed him almost to his house but Indawo looked away since middle of the night is pretty paranoid. He saw Tepig a few feet behind him and understood, that Tepig trusts him and he has to take care for him. Since then he decided to become Pokemon trainer so he can provide Pokemon safety. And since he know that Unova isn't in any kind of danger he flew to Toro to start his journey here.

Flaws:
Still doesn’t care about many rules. Talks back and is arrogant to people who are (as he belives) any worse than him. Very stubborn guy, who never knows when to shut up.

Ambitions:
Someday find peace and feel completed.

Starter pokemon:
Ginormous, male Tepig with Jolly nature and Blaze ability.

Open source question:
You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pokeball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

After unfreezing Indawo greets his enemy like he was old friend. While making fun of Rattata he and his Tepig stands to battle. Both of them are having great fun fighting together so they don’t feel pressure. They feel joy, and seeing trainer who takes Rattata seriously makes them totally amused. After exchanging some tackles he says (as respectfully as it’s possible to talk to Rattata trainer) „goodbye” and walks to the fog of war laughing with his pokemon and eating some berries that will probably make him regret finding them.

And my skin: https://imgur.com/a/SRVYcD2 (i will paste here other skin so it matches vibe more (probably just edit this one))
Edit again: I uploaded corrected skin. Not too contemporary :)
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Application of Indawo_Yokulwa

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”