Marsh Whitelist App

Marsh
MC name: ShellderClammo

Marsh Whitelist App

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: ShellderClammo
Discord Username: PeanutButterJellySandwich
Where did you hear about us: Reddit
Tell us a little about yourself: I go by Marsh. Having been in the rp scene for half my life or so and being a lifelong pokemon fan, i find myself being relatively comfortable in these communities. Im a little newer to pixelmon rp specifically, so bear with me. I try to be a friendly figure to those around me, encouraging anyone to strike up a conversation.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]

What is roleplaying? Taking on a different role from your real life, where you view the world through the eyes of another character.

What is meta-gaming? Using exterior information not available to your character. (example: playing pokemon black and knowing the seventh gym leader is brycen, simply because you googled it)

What is power-gaming / god-modding? power gaming is forcing the outcome of a scenario to be in your favor, often at the expense of another player. god modding is simply denying the rules of an rp to bend the outcome in your favor against any cost.

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon): adding previously unknown information to a character, seemingly out of nowhere. (example: suddenly professor oak was once part of team rocket- because why not)

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?: OOC allows players to interact and determine what events may unfold next, while IC interactions are restricted to known knowledge in universe.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) yes, on three occasions. one is a horror story.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Marsh Oshido

Appearance: Lean, pale skinned male who dons a lab coat and gloves, with black hair and blue eyes. His slightly unkempt hair and black boots pair well with his coat and gloves, in what he calls his "field attire". Usually seen with a relaxed expression, marsh is often seen slouched or calm in most situations. His pale skin is a result of too much time spent indoors, years before his field research began. He stands at 5'11, being notably taller than his former colleagues.

Personality: Calculating, curious and adventurous. Sometimes accidentally callous. he has slight difficulty interacting with people, particularly those without a background in science. caring for the few he manages to become close to, he finds himself more willing to open up to close friends. his passion for science and discovery invigorates him, making him strive towards his dreams. he shows little sympathy for those who disagree with science.

Biography: Marsh Oshido, born in Mistralton city, Unova, was a top student in his younger years. Dealing with bullying from his classmates, marsh developed a small degree of anxiety in his childhood. At the age of 18, Marsh graduated high school, and was offered an apprenticeship at a corporation in castelia for the study of fossils and pokemon history. Still without his own pokemon due to his fears, the corporate staff granted him temporary use of a Klink, the first pokemon he ever used. as part of his training to become a field researcher, he was instructed with a simple task: capture a Ferroseed and bring it back for interacting with a pokemon imported from hoenn.

Marsh traveled back to his home of Mistralton, entering chargestone cave with anticipation and fear. Marsh decided that with such little expertise, he should practice battling. He decided to engage a Tynamo - only for Klink to disobey his commands. The wild tynamo defeated Klink, causing marsh to flee to Mistralton with his partner. Marsh tried to rationalize with the Klink - to better understand it. Eventually feeling like he could appreciate what Klink felt, he headed back into the cave. upon finding another wild Tynamo, Marsh engaged it in battle, this time coming out victorious with Klink, who was now willing to cooperate. filled with ecstasy, marsh captured the Tynamo. Returning to the company with the captured pokemon, the staff were disappointed in marsh for not only failing but capturing the wrong pokemon. Corporate staff had agreed not to send Marsh into the field again for some time.

Staff had allowed marsh to hang on to Klink, as well as keep the captured tynamo. interacting with the tynamo, marsh learned it harbored nothing but contempt for him. trying on several occasions to interact with both Klink and tynamo together, marsh learned tynamo did not harbor the same dislike for Klink. attempting to take tynamo on training exercises often led with it disobeying commands, and at one point, even attempting to shock marsh.

upon the arrival of the imported pokemon, communication research was conducted with various other steel and psychic type pokemon. the subject in question - Beldum, seemed to not mind its situation, that being confined to a room rather than a pokeball. attempting to figure out why Beldum was calm and collected - marsh began conducting his own experiment, introducing tynamo to Beldum. Beldum reacted negatively to the tynamos presence, going into a violent rage. due to the damage caused in the Beldums chamber, the corporation permanently revoked marsh's tynamo and Klink, the latter of which he had formed a strong bond with. Furthermore, his superiors threatened to terminate his internship if another event of this scale happened again. banned from field research and now his own pokemon being taken from him, marsh decided to take matters into his own hands.

after hours, marsh decided to enter the corporation, determined to take back his pokemon. upon searching thoroughly, he was unable to locate his missing partners. he came up with a second plan, making his way to the primary lab, he acquired the beldum that was previously held in a room, now in a pokeball while equipment was repaired. he made his way out of the building, unsure of where his partners were. sending out the newly acquired beldum, marsh tried talking to it - in the same manner as with klink. Beldum seemed to hold no disdain for him, and when prompted to leave, Beldum stayed. "Why", he would wonder, "would Beldum want to stay with someone it doesn't know? Tynamo didn"t like me despite the time we spent together."

From that moment on his curiosity grew, perplexed by why pokemon willingly stay with people despite having the ability to leave. Feeling strangled by the corporation, Marsh decided to give up his current life and keep Beldum in exchange for his partners, as he set out to the region of Toro, where he felt he could conduct his own research as he pleased. Not as an apprentice, but a scientist.

Flaws: Impulsive, hardheaded and sometimes callous, Marsh believes anything can be proven with science.

Ambitions:
Starter Pixelmon: Beldum
Skin: Sent and approved in the discord

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond? -----------

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

- Marsh sizes the woman up, skeptical about her question. "What does it matter where i came from? All that matters is that i'm here now." He taps his foot impatiently, as if a dreadfully important task was being delayed by the impromptu question."If it matters to you so much, then know i came from Unova. And as for where I'm off to? I'm not sure yet myself." Without giving the woman a chance to even respond, he began walking away. Certainly he had provided enough information,

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

- Marsh stared blankly at his opponent. "Just like that? I'm a little busy right now, but if you're insistent on a battle then who am i to judge?" He cautiously reached for a pokeball, tossing it carelessly. "Beldum, let's get him out our way, shall we?" A bright flash burst out of the pokeball as Beldum floated in the space opposing Rattata. Marsh crossed his arms impatiently as he issued his first command.
Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Re: Marsh Whitelist App

Aaaand Accepted!
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image

Return to “Accepted Applications”