Bard's Application

Bard
MC name: BardicSong

Bard's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: BardicSong
Discord Username: Bardo#7731
Where did you hear about us: Google.
Tell us a little about yourself: Long-time roleplayer, many years of experience playing D&D, as well as roleplaying on various MMORPGs like Star Wars:TOR, Elder Scrolls Online, Ultima Online, and Fallout Online just to name a few. Mostly looking for something new to hold my attention.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?: The act of taking on another role other than yourself.
What is meta-gaming?: Using information gained outside of your character’s means to gain an advantage in roleplay. An example would be a friend OOCly messaged me on discord information my IC character would have no way of knowing and using it in my own roleplay.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?: Giving yourself an advantage in-game, or breaking the rules of the established continuity, or in such a way that doesn’t allow for the other party to react. An example would be roleplaying that my pidgey evolved into a Ho-oh by using a Sun Stone, then saying it fainted their Pokemon instantly.
What is retroactive continuity? (retcon): After the fact of establishing a canon element in your RP, then going back to alter it. An example is if I were to get accepted and immediately claim I’ve been a gym leader here for the last twenty years when that had never been established.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?: In-Character would be all actions or statements made as the character you are playing. Out-of-character would be the player themselves speaking or acting, often separated by ( ) ‘s.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?: Yes, I played and moderated on a popular Minecraft Fantasy RP server for a number of years, but I’d rather not mention the name in public.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Marx DeLuna
Appearance: Marx is a tall and slender man standing just over 6’1 (185cm). He has dark brown eyes complimenting his long mossy gold hair hidden mostly by his trademark rugged hat. Despite any climate, he finds himself in he can’t seem to break the habit of wearing his heavy winter clothing everywhere he travels. Primarily a hand-sewn brown shirt layered over a heavily worn white shirt, and atop of all of that thick leather padding that covers his shoulders and upper back, even his hat was heavily padded to help keep warm in the winter climates. One Pokeball always remained visible on his belt, holding his partner close for any encounters they could experience together.

Personality: Marx is a very kind, yet stubborn man. He knows the difficulty of his journey ahead of him after starting over ten years late yet he won't let anyone convince him to stop, much to his family’s dismay. Upon meeting new people he can be a bit reluctant to interact with them at first, but his partner often brings Marx into situations he pretends to dislike. Secretly he is very grateful to the Delibird for teaching him to be more outgoing, and though he wouldn’t admit it at first he considers his partner to be his best friend. Marx is often optimistic about exploration though his mood often turns to annoyance once things begin to go wrong, and despite his best friend always being at his side the Delibird is always the first to laugh at his misfortune.

Biography: Originally born in Snowpoint City, Sinnoh. He spent a relatively peaceful life there with his family, gathering and selling firewood to make their living. Despite agreeing to stay home and assist his family Marx had always regretted not pursuing his childhood dream of becoming a Gym Leader. And like many children would in his town, Marx waited patiently until his 20th birthday to finally set off on his first journey. The roads got the better of him rather quickly as he traveled, and the lack of a proper Pokemon partner lead to many early mishaps. He met the Delibird he would refer to as “Dougie Bird” on the way down the mountain from Snowpoint City. His bag was overpacked and heavy, and as he began to make his way down the strap on the bag broke causing him to lose all of his provisions and tools along the way. The father he made it down he realized and began to dread the difficult path ahead until he came across a Delibird. The bird looked at him puzzling before reaching into its bag, ruffling through it, and pulling out the very backpack he had lost earlier. Allowing him to venture the rest of the way down the mountain, only to realize the Delibird had followed him all the way down. Ever since then they had been together traveling the much more peaceful roads happily together.

Flaws: He is extremely stubborn and set in his ways, signified by the heavy winter clothing he always wears. Due to his isolation over the last twenty years, he often finds himself ignorant of common etiquette and world events. Also due to his lack of practice, his skills with battling are severely limited

Ambitions: To one day become an Ice Type Gym Leader.
Starter Pixelmon: Delibird
Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)
https://imgur.com/a/wHRNWsn
https://imgur.com/a/ReYEMsB

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Marx took a long moment to realize the situation in front of him, he looked up at the tree and then back down to the girl several times before letting out a lazy groan. Quickly showed the young girl a reassuring smile before he spoke. “Don’t worry kiddo, I’ll see if I can reach your Meowth.” while he made his way to the tree he thought to himself “Guess it's good to be tall sometime.”

The child whipped a few tears from her face while she watched Marx make his way up to the tree, grabbing ahold of the thickest branch he could find and beginning to climb his way up. Step by step he slowly scaled up the tree until he found himself at a halfway point, he attempted to take another step forward but the sound of a cracking branch would make him retract his foot.

Marx looked upward towards the Meowth, offering the Mon a friendly smile as he extended his hand outward with a pleading call. “Here kitty kitty.. Jump into my arm please!”

From the little girl’s point of view, all she could see was Marx extending his arm up, but she was soon greeted with the hissing call of her Pokemon “Meeeoooowth!” and not soon after would she hear the sound of Marx yelling out as he was scratched, soon the sound of both of their voices would be overtaken by a greater source as the branch below the man began to give way sending him down into the grass without warning. Before she even had time to react she would then see her Meowth scale down the tree, and quickly make eye contact with her before immediately bolting back deeper into the town. The child couldn’t wait to check if Marx was okay quickly running after her partner yelling out “Come back Mr. Kitty! I promise I’ll give you an extra oran berry!”

As the sound of the girl’s voice faded, Marx slowly pulled himself up from the grass groaning out in pain before speaking to himself. “Last time I help a kid I tell ya….” as he finally went to pull himself up, his hand reached up to his head to feel his trademark hat missing. A small panic overtook him before looking up at the tree only to see his hat stuck on the very same branch the Meowth had found itself on. The silence was broken by the anguished complaints of the man.
“Welcome to Toro Marx, it's so nice here Marx, you’ll surely have better luck here Marx…”

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Marx seemed a little reluctant to respond at first, looking down at the Pokeball attached to his hip and getting a small reassurance from the presence of his partner. His gaze locked with the woman before a nervous voice escaped his lips. “Ahh.. Well, I’m coming in from Sinnoh, Snowpoint City to be precise.” he pointed to his thick winter clothing as if that would explain his bizarre habit.

The woman seemed to take notes almost as quickly as Marx spoke, nodding her head in confirmation as she finished before looking up at him. “And, where do you plan to go now that you’re in Toro?” she began to click the edge of her pen, fidgeting while awaiting Marx to respond only adding to the man’s nervous demeanor.

Marx took another minute to gather his thoughts before clearing his throat to speak. “Everywhere Ma’am, erm.. I suppose I should say. I’d like to visit everywhere Toro has to offer, but I have no specific travel path currently. If I can speak truthfully for a moment, this is my first time leaving home before. I’ve been in Snowpoint all my life and I never thought I’d even make it this far, thanks to my little friend in the Pokeball I can chase a dream here that I never would have been able to achieve back home.” the longer he spoke the more confident and sure of himself he seemed, a brave smile forming on his face while finishing his words. Though it only lasted that instance before he was left blushing and embarrassed.

The woman finished taking her notes, letting out a small chuckle as he finished his tangent. Clicking her pen a final time she would extend her hand outward to him with a thankful smile. “I appreciate you giving us your time today! And might I say, the journey might be a little scary at first. But with a friend at your side I don’t think you’ll have anything to worry about here.” before Marx even had time to respond he found himself shaking her hand just for her to quickly make eye contact with the next visitor, repeating the process as she had before. Marx made his way into Toro, taking his first steps into his first Pokemon Journey with a sense of pride, and nervousness that he hopes will fade with time.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: Bard's Application

Welcome!
When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability ( if you want one of these, you're best with asking around )
I'll also let you know, since it's easy to miss but! We do level the playing field a little bit and provide Max IVs / near Max IVs for Hidden Powers - though people still need to breed if they want specific stats ( like 0 atk ) and for the rest :3 ! There's a NPC to do that in our Battle Tower!

But outside of all that WELCOME! The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and
You can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info! You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns.
^^ I recommend giving the New Player Guide a read~

Return to “Accepted Applications”