Scythe's ET/Build Team Application

ScytheSasin
MC name: ScytheSasin

Scythe's ET/Build Team Application

Preferred Name: Scythe
MC Username: ScytheSasin
Time Zone: EST
Number of hours available: 4-8, Depends on the day and how long work goes for me.
How long you have been playing on Toro League: 3-4 Months.

Why do you want to join Event Team?: I want to get more involved in Toro! I like to build and plan and helping with events sounds fun!
Do you have any past experiences of any similar positions?: Outside of DMing in DND, I haven't had much Event planning experience, although I was a head admin on a Youtuber's Discord until I left due to the community getting to toxic for me.
What can you bring to this team?: I'm a really good builder! I can story plan but building is what I'm really good at.
Examples: Unfortunately the server shut down before I could finish but I was making a 480 x 120 block ship in minecraft! Here's the last image I had. Image

Added Examples of Builds from the old server I was on, I dug up the world file.
The Championship Stadium

The Champion's Lighthouse/Home (Terraforrming included.)

The Battle Hotel

What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?: I'm not really good at combat and stuff. Never done it before.

Have you ran or helped with any Toro events before?: N/A
Have you helped with any other parts of the event process?: Building for the current event in the Safari Zone.
Are you capable of running or helping in events with a higher number of players?: Yeah, I can help with any number of players. Running an event, I maybe could do 8 or 10 if I had enough time to plan it!
Are you capable of running combat-oriented events?: I can learn, though it wouldn't be my preferred events.

Now, create an event and write at least a one paragraph summary. Then, complete the following questions:

It's summertime! The sun is high and the weather is warm, and it's a perfect day for a single day sailboat cruise around Toro and her surrounding islands. Join the intrepid Captain Elise and her hard working crew as they sail around the Famed Regi Islands, the newly risen Groudon Island, and even see the lovely Champion Island as the sun sets behind her! Along the way will be a stop at Garnett Island's lovely beach and visit the Tapu Shrines! All hands on Deck!

Essentially a little tour of toro designed to help new players learn some of the lore ICly. It would be open to anyone and nothing big would be planned to happen. Two or three staff would be needed, Hopefully one of them would be someone who's well versed in Toro's lore.
A Nice addition could be a appearance of the elite four or even the champion as the ship passes Champion Island, or a supervised catch event or fossil dig on Regi Island. There could also be a fishing event.

(1) Describe any effects or props that would be needed and how to implement them.

The biggest prop needed would mostly be a sailboat designed to hold a decent number of players. It most likely would be a two masted ship like a Schooner (Main mast is the stern-most mast) or a Ketch (Main mast is the bow most mast). Obviously the ship can't be moved so we'd have to build the ship and copy and paste it around at it's destinations and locations.

Much Effects wouldn't be needed except to keep the weather nice and clear.

(2) Write a basic outline for a character to be used in an event. Essentially, an actor should be able to read it and become the character you want them to.

Captain Elise Walsh is a thoughtful and cryptic woman in her mid thirties to early forties. She knows the seas and the currents due to years of experience and study. Her attitude is thoughtful and often when she's asked a serious question she'll answer with an analogy or a question designed to provoke thought and personal growth. She follows the rules loosely, sticking to an overall plan but not minding if the small details are improvised.

(3) Create a list of ten emotes to be used in the event.
Boarding the Vessel
The Seas were calm as a suntanned woman stands before a large Sailed Ship, she smiles cheerily as she reviews boarding documents for passengers of all sorts, before waving them to board. "Tickets over here, Lads and Lassies! Right this way, doncha worry, we ain't gonna leave without ye!"

Embarking On The Cruise
The ship softly begins to pull out from the dock, crew rushing along the deck to turn the main sail to catch the wind. Captain Walsh nodding as she quietly observes her crew.
"Keep the Sail half mast lads! Don't want to rip out of port too fast."

Out on the Seas
The winds were fair and the seas calm. The Martha-Ray cuts through the waters effortlessly. Wingull fly before the ship, looking for scraps from the passengers and crew on board.

A wild Basculin Brawl
The waters before the ship churn as schools of Red and White Striped Basculin battle the other, Captain Walsh grins merrily as she nods towards the battles.
"If ye ever wanted a Basculin, now's yer time! Catch them while they tire themselves out!"

Landing at Groudon Island
The Martha-Ray slowly pulls into the bay of the Groudon-created island, the crew at work to furl up the sails and lower the anchors, while the First Mate and Deck hand ready the smaller dingy to ferry the passengers ashore. The Ranger Squad on the island line the shore, ready to greet the guests and supervise them.

Lunch at Regi Island
When the passengers return from their expidition on Regi Island, they're greeted with the deck furnished with tables and umbrellas, the crew greeting and offering the guests menus to look over for a nice lunch outside on the deck.

Garnett Island's Beach
Garnett Island is a dangerously beautiful place, with the volcano rendering most of the island a danger due to the volcanic ash, the beach was still a popular tourist location. As the passengers disembark the Martha-Ray, Pamphlets are handed out of where it's safe to go, and they detail that Rangers will be patrolling to make sure nobody strays too close to areas of danger, as well as to answer questions!

Dinner on the Beach
As suppertime approaches, the Guides stationed around the beach and the Tapu Shrines gently lead the guests back to the beach, where an Alolan Themed dinner awaits! Various meals of seafood is set out, and there are also options for those where seafood might not fit their palate.

Sunset over Champion Island
"If ye look off towards the west, we'll be passing our Lovely Champion Island!"

The setting sun outlines the skyline and beauty of Champion island magnificently, the hues of oranges, pinks, and reds reflecting off the waves as the ship sails pass

Returning to Port
Merry songs and tunes are sung into the night as the ship slowly pulls back into Tyrian, the lights guiding the Martha-Ray in after a long day out in the sun and waves, Moonlight illuminating the waves.

Anything else we need to know: I'm often busy at work but I get off of work before 4pm EST most often than not. I have two days off a week and often have downtime to be free to talk (in text since I'm mute). I know I've haven't been here that long, and if that's a dealbreaker that's fine!

Return to “Accepted Applications”