WyloRozy's Application

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
ThatttLotusss
MC name: WyloRozy

WyloRozy's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: WyloRozy (I may change it)
Discord Username: ._LotusKirme_.#1862
Where did you hear about us: Planet minecraft

Tell us a little about yourself: My gender is female although you can use she/her, they/them, or she/they pronouns. I have anxiety but it’s too bad, just mild, and I have a little trouble talking to people outside of RP.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]

What is roleplaying?
I see roleplaying as people, doesn’t have to be a large group, could be only 2 people, talking using Ocs or characters and interacting with one another.

What is meta-gaming?
I’m not entirely sure but I do know somewhat of it being about knowing stuff about others your character doesn’t/shouldn’t know.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?
Not playing your character correctly/making other characters that belong to other people do things ‘against their will’

What is retroactive continuity?
Changing or ignoring something that has happened in a story, movie, book, or roleplay.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In character you should be playing how your character would, talking like them, ect. and out of character you would just be yourself saying whatever needed to be said or what you wanted to say.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Yes, I have played in a few before.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]

Full name: Shang Yamato

Appearance: Fluffy long white hair with a hint of lavender (His original hair being blonde) pulled up into a man bun with his bangs still hiding most of his face. His tan skin feels smooth like silk with his (almost white) brown eyes always looking calm. He wears a baggy white plaid shirt that's almost always tucked into his slightly damaged shorts. He likes to wear shorts often and he often chooses light blue jean shorts like he is wearing currently. He puts a coat made of Miltank leather, dyed green, on all the time, it doesn’t fit him very well so it hangs off his shoulders.

Personality: He stays mostly calm, although that’s only when he is focused. Usually he comes off as ‘nervous’ or ‘socially awkward’ towards people but it’s because he doesn’t have much to say. He acts differently towards strangers and friends of course. With friends he's usually smiling more and says more than ‘Hi.’ or ‘Do you need anything?’. To strangers he's more quiet and keeps a straight face often either being the usual ‘Oh, i didn’t hear you.’ or ‘Sorry i’m busy.’.

Biography: Shang came from Melemele island in Ilk town in the Ahola region. Back then he lived there with his family of 7, his 2 parents, their grandmother, and his other sisters plus himself. When Shang still lived in that old run down house he was very talkative and often started conversations with strangers and later became friends with some of the older people around the neighborhood. He couldn’t make friends with people his age, they found his ‘obsession’ with pokemon strange and he even was bullied for it. At the age of 12, he started wearing more feminine clothing, his parents and grandmother hated it and his parents often yelled at him for it while his grandma stayed quiet. Shang hit the age of 17 and finally, barely passing, graduated high school. His parents didn't seem to happy to hear that he was going off to collage soon after graduating high school, everyone in the collage seemed chill to him, of course he was at this time not talking much to people or being as extroverted as he once was. After about a year or so he had to drop out due to his grandma passing, they were never too close but Shang still loved her but he couldn't handle her death very well. His grades were dropping drastically and he couldn't keep up with the rent at his apartment he stayed at so he had to leave. Once Shang made it to the age of 23 he just barely was able to pay off his student loan, working almost 4 different jobs was tough for him but luckily the few friends he did have were nice enough to help out with the debts and they were the ones to suggest going to Toro.

Flaws: He has a hard time starting conversations and an even harder time keeping them. Shang also has trouble with making friends and keeping jobs due to this.

Ambitions: Learn about pokemon from Toro (Like the pokemon researchers), study their behaviors, and maybe find new pokemon never seen before.

Starter Pixelmon: Munna

Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

The young man is startled at first, looking over his shoulder he responds, “I’ll get my pokemon to help!” He quickly grabbed for his Pixelball where he kept Ivysaur letting it out before saying, “Quick, Ivysaur!” He pointed at the Meowth stuck in the tree where the girl pointed running up to it. He shouted toward Ivysaur, “See that Meowth up there, use vine whip on it to grab it down. Be careful!” Once the man got it safely in his arms he carefully handed the pokemon back to the girl waving goodbye as he and Ivysaur walked away.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

He jumped startled by the response upon seeing him and quickly reached for his Pixelball where Bulbasaur was sleeping. Nervously, he let out Bulbasaur hoping it wouldn’t get angry at him. “B-Bulbasaur?” He said nervously as he watched it awaken and get ready for battle. He softly smiled at it then focusing on the battle in front of him about to start. He sighed, knowing the battle would soon be over due to his lack of battle skills.
Last edited by ThatttLotusss on Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: WyloRozy's Application

Hello, welcome! Thank you for applying, your character seems really sweet♥ and I think they'll fit in super well in Toro! Your app is almost there, I just need a few things for clarification before we can accept you - easy things, don't worry!

- You don't have an age listed! If you feel uncomfortable sharing it, that is totally understandable, you are free to message me here on the forums or on Discord - or give it a broad range. We just have an age limit, and we gotta make sure, yanno? ^^

- Your character's bio seems to just stop short at 12, but your character is 23. So it feels like there's this massive gap. We sorta like to know any significant beats in a bio, such as if they graduated, have a degree, developed any specific skills, ended up in JAIL - etc. You know, that sorta stuff! You can elaborate why & how they came to Toro- and/or more on his 'obsession' if you need any ideas.

Easy stuff! If you need any help, or want to mention you updated you app, you can more accesibly reach us at our Discord: https://discord.gg/toro-league - Your definitions are correct by the way, but for this clarification of metagaming:
Meta-gaming is roleplaying with information your character wouldn't have normally. Example: if you just meet a guy who you haven't talked to yet, but he already knows everything about you (profile, whitelist), and uses that information, they would be meta-gaming.
You can see the other definitions here if you want to double check them.
ThatttLotusss
MC name: WyloRozy

Re: WyloRozy's Application

Oh sorry about that I didn't even realize, it's all fixed now.

Return to “Inactive Applications”