Sooru's Application

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
SaulJoker
MC name: SaulJoker

Sooru's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: SaulJoker

Discord Username: VarelaSensei#1189

Where did you hear about us: I actually used to play on this server when I was younger (13-15), but I eventually forgot about it and moved on to other things (I believe my previous character owes 7 years of rent to someone).

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a Spanish man who lives in the US; I've lived in 3 different countries and I'm currently pursuing the equivalent of a bachelor's degree in Game Design & Development. I've been looking for a good roleplaying experience ever since the beginning of 2020 (I had more time because... well, you know), and recently remembered I used to play in this server (took me a while to remember the name).

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Roleplaying is similar to acting in a sense. It's immersing yourself in the role of a character and interacting with the world around them as if you were that character. Your actions, thoughts and words should resemble that of the character which you are roleplaying, and you should do your best to remain faithful to both your character and the world around them.

What is meta-gaming? Meta-gaming is using OOC (out-of-character) information and/or knowledge to influence your decisions while roleplaying. For example, going to a festival which your character has no knowledge of because you read in a forum OOC post that there is going to be a festival.

What is power-gaming / god-modding? Powergaming is prioritizing a certain goal or result and doing everything in your power to achieve that goal or result without consideration to other aspects of the roleplay experience. For example, creating the most powerful character you can think of in order to maximize your chances of becoming the strongest, or imposing actions/decisions upon other characters without regard to the context because it benefits your goal. The common factor is that there is no real compromise behind the decision and it removes the ability for other roleplayers to engage with you in a collaborative manner, and that sometimes this may contradict your own character. For example, if my character can't swim and is scared of the depths (thalassophobia) but suddenly dives into an ocean because he saw a shiny Pokémon and wants to catch it, that would be powergaming.

What is retroactive continuity? Retcon is when established plot points and/or events are ignored, altered and/or contradicted by other events and/or plot points that succeed them. For example, my character may have knowledge that "John" had caught a Raikou in the past, but "John's" character is retconned to have never existed, which means that my character no longer has knowledge of "John" or the fact that he caught a Raikou.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? In-character are actions, words and decisions made while roleplaying, which means that they can affect other characters and the world around them. Out-of-character is, well, out of character, which means that what you do or say is not reflective of your character and is to be taken out of the roleplay context.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? Yes, I've played on this server before and I've also played in other roleplaying servers (namely FFXIV and D&D).

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]

Full name: Sooru Hamamoto
Appearance:

Sooru Hamamoto (or Hamamoto Sooru) is a tan, relatively average sized young man with dark-brown eyes and dyed, marine-blue hair. His hair is fairly short and fades shorter as it reaches his ears and his mouth. He stands at 5 feet and 7 inches, weighing 145-150 pounds. He wears a navy blue sailor's uniform, which has Pastoria City's gym badge sewed onto the back. He has facial features resembling that of a native Sinnoh citizen, despite his skin color contrasting the typical fair skinned locals of the region.

Personality:

Sooru is a fairly quiet, dedicated worker. He has a passion for sailing and loves talking about anything related to the sea and the Pokémon that live in it. He is somewhat outgoing, but he doesn't tend to strike up a conversation unless it happens to relate to his passion for the sea. He is usually very calm, but since he has faced adverse conditions in the sea before, he can sometimes feel stressed when under pressure. He enjoys relaxing near beaches and often dozes off during calm weather.

Biography:

Sooru was previously a Gym Trainer in Pastoria's gym, as his father recommended him to the Gym Leader for a position in his Gym. He trained under the Gym Leader for a few years before realizing that his passion for the sea was being inhibited while working at the Gym. He could not set out to explore due to his obligations, and that frustrated him. Eventually, he challenged the Gym Leader for their gym badge in order to prove to himself that he was ready to set out on his own adventure, but lost. Nevertheless, the gym leader encouraged him to pursue his passion and set out on an adventure, so that one day he may return and challenge them again. After receiving a sailor's outfit from the Gym trainers as a present, he set out with his partner Psyduck in order to learn and improve both as a trainer and a sailor.

Flaws: Sooru is a bit of an airhead, he tends to space out even in stressful situations and it's sometimes hard to get through to him. He is also not very good at reading or writing.
Ambitions: Sooru wants to become one of the greatest sailors of the world, and become strong enough to defeat Pastoria's Gym Leader.
Starter Pixelmon: Psyduck
Skin:
-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Sooru glances at the tree, moving his vision towards the top, attempting to spot the Meowth. He asks "Is that the one there?" as he points towards the Meowth. "Yes, that's the one!" the small girl replies in a worried tone, "Please help him!". Sooru unclicks his Pokéball from his sailor outfit, and throws it near the top of the tree, as his Psyduck comes out on top of one of the branches. He then says to Psyduck: "Psyduck, help Meowth get off the tree! Use Confusion to move him down safely!" As Meowth levitates toward the ground, the small girl thanks Sooru for his help, smiles, and runs off cheerfully.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Sooru looks at the woman with a blank stare, and doesn't immediately respond. "Uhm... sir?" the woman asks, slightly concerned about the young man. His eyes suddenly dart up, as he fumbles to respond to her: "Oh, right, yes, sorry... What was the question again?" The woman lets out a short sigh, and says "As I was saying, I'd like to know where you came from and why, and where you're going." Sooru smiles at her and responds: "Right, well I come from Canalave City in the Sinnoh Region, but I'm actually from Pastoria City. I came here because I'm an aspiring sailor and I'm hoping to explore this region." He pauses for a brief moment and says: "I'm not going anywhere specifically, but if I were to go somewhere... I'd probably go to the beach!"
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Sooru's Application

Heya! Welcome back to Toro!
Since you've already been accepted once before, making a whitelist application is unnecessary. Instead we ask that you make a new character profile for your new character ( https://www.toro-league.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=76 ) so that we can focus on the character's details and work on it from there!
Also, Discord is the quickest way to get a response from us, please join us here! https://discord.gg/XMwK6m3

Return to “Inactive Applications”