ygguw_ygguh's Application

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
JaneSoren
MC name: ygguw_ygguh

ygguw_ygguh's Application

-Player Questions-

Minecraft Username: ygguw_ygguh
Discord Username: Jane Soren #8032
Where did you hear about us: I was searching for some Pixelmon Servers online, and stumbled upon the server page.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am an avid roleplayer on Discord who enjoys using the pokemon universe to tell fun and deep stories! I am hoping to find a minecraft pixelmon server to step into a new level of rping on MC!

-Roleplay Questions-

What is roleplaying?

Roleplaying is when you create/use typically fictional characters to create stories and environments in many different ways. Unlike writing novels however, roleplay is done with another person, who also uses a character, creating a back and forth dialog.

What is meta-gaming?

Meta-gaming is when you as a person know information about something, plot, events ect.. And you use that information to impact a roleplay even though your character in that rp does not possess that information like you do.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?

God-modding is when during a roleplay you or another roleplayer do actions or dialog that is overpowering and cannot be physically done. Such as surviving a ko’ing move, or doing a feat like wall climbing up 20ft with only your legs.

What is retroactive continuity?

Retroactive continuity is when you ignore already determined facts in a “cannon”.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?

IC is when you as a roleplayer are roleplaying as a character in a plot. Whereas OOC is when you are speaking as a person rather than speaking through a character.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)

I do not have experience playing on a minecraft server for roleplays, however I have extensive roleplaying experience on Discord through the pokemon universe. I have been roleplaying for a few years through various means though.

-General Character Questions-

Full name: Fusice Torres, Nocturnal is her preferred nickname.

Appearance: Nocturnal has an overall slender body type and she stands at a height of exactly 6ft. Nocturnal stands out among crowds, and she knows that. Her height is a factor but Nocturnal also has different colored eyes and a short hair style which is not common either. Nocturnal always has had well kept nails, choosing to keep them long and painted. Her outfits tend to consist of abnormal choices as well, choosing to wear shirts, pants and overall not dressy in style. Nocturnal also carries various laboratory equipment as well which consist of various items, but mostly medical tools, and tubing. Nocturnal also has a presence to her and for better or worse she catches people’s eyes...

Personality: Nocturnal is a woman of reason. She is a scientist who studies deep into pokemon anatomy and health. Nocturnal’s ideals and goals stem from many ideas that were presented and used during the Enlightenment period, and Scientific Revolution. She has a deeply seeded hunger for books and knowledge. Patient and cunning Nocturnal can come off as dismissive or uncaring.. When in reality, she does care and has many values. They just are not obvious to people who are not looking for them.

Biography: Nocturnal was born in Unova and spent much of her life in the bigger cities of the region. As she grew older Nocturnal found a passion in other subjects that were not considered entirely normal at the time. She did not want to pursue being a trainer or contest star, she wanted to be a scientist, a pokemon biologist. Overcoming obstacles in her family life, and society, Nocturnal excelled in school. She would read stacks of books a day, going deep into studying various topics that peaked her interest. Nocturnal found companionship in science and reason. Unlike society, Nocturnal felt truly in control, and truly accepted in the field of science and reason. She would drive herself past schooling into a few jobs in research facilities in Kalos. Nocturnal felt restricted by the rules of these jobs, and broke off from them. And she would have her own small laboratory and research team before she turned 20. Nocturnal’s lab is focused on pokemon biology and using DNA to create better pokemon, and life-saving medical advances. With an extra year on her back, Nocturnal decided she wanted to expand, to learn more about other regions. (Note: While not having a real criminal background, Nocturnal is likely being monitored closely due to her less than moral viewpoints and choices.)

Flaws: Being a person of reason Nocturnal can come off as uncaring or unemotional. Nocturnal is not cruel but her ideals stretch the moral line. Nocturnal is sometimes brash about others' emotions or feelings, and is not afraid to use her knowledge to seek “karma” on others..

Ambitions: Nocturnal wants to gain more knowledge about pokemon and different diseases that can impact them. She hopes to visit other regions to not only possibly save some pokemon lives with artificial means.. But to understand other afflictions in pokemon biology.
Starter Pixelmon: Zoura (Can be found naturally at level 2 in OR/AS using DexNav)

Skin: https://minecraftskinstealer.com/profile/ygguw_ygguh#

-Open Response Questions-

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Nocturnal raised an eyebrow as the young girl ran up to her, almost knocking into her slender legs. Nocturnal slowly tilted her head down to look at the small girl. “Your Mewoth?” Nocturnal turned her gaze to the nearby tree, searching for the Mewoth.

The small girl nodded her head quickly, jostling the tears down her cheeks, as she cried further. “Y-yes! Mr.Whiskers.. Got scared by a poochyena and climb up the tree! He can’t get down now.. Please.. Please h-help him!”

Nocturnal would take a slow breath in, the last thing she wanted to do was mess around with a little girl and her scared cat.. But Nocturnal exhaled and offered a very simple smile to the girl. “I’ll see if I cannot get him down for you.” Nocturnal replied in a slightly soft but mostly dull voice. Luckily.. The girl did not seem to pick up on Nocturnal’s tone.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Nocturnal stopped in her tracks, clearing her throat as she turned to the cheerful woman. She was dazed by the almost overly cheerful tone she was taking. “Right.. I am originally from Unova but I live in Kalos currently. I came here for professional reasons.” Nocturnal replied in a smooth tone.

The woman smiled brightly, “The lovely region of Kalos.. It has pretty good sights I am sure! However you did not answer the last question. Where are you headed?” She repeated the question; she had already recorded what Nocturnal said thus far. The woman tapped her pen against her clipboard while waiting.

Nocturnal blinked her eyes but collected herself easily. “I do not know where I plan on going, as a matter of fact.. I was never handed a pamphlet or anything detailing the port or locations..” Nocturnal said this internally a bit annoyed but this type of information was useful and she was willing to give some information up for now...
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: ygguw_ygguh's Application

Hello! Sorry about the delay in getting back to you. We have a few notes & concerns we'd like to work with you more on before we can accept you though! I'll list them here, but in addition if you have any questions or just want to chat more on these concerns, we can easily be reached here in our discord: https://discord.gg/toro-league

For the most part your app seems alright! There are a few things we want to touch on though such as:
- I think it would be a little uncanny/obvious if your skin remained pretty much Moira from Overwatch! If you'd like to keep the same general look, - such as different colored eyes / short red hair, that is perfectly fine, we just ask you modify the skin to make it not so obvious, such as removing the grey eye piece & new clothes. :3 If you need, our community is full of people who are very happy to help and edit skins. We also have MPM so you don't need to physically change your skin on minecraft site, you can do it in game ^^

- Some of your character's backstory doesn't quite work with us. Notably these parts:
And she would have her own small laboratory and research team before she turned 20. Nocturnal’s lab is focused on pokemon biology and using DNA to create better pokemon, and life-saving medical advances
We don't have that technology in our universe simply, oops.

Secondarily, in her backstory it sounds like she is pretty much the head of this lab & research team, which seems a little bit much, for a young 21 year old. Even at super genius levels, we tend to go for the more grounded approach to these things, like characters being proper ages when they've gone through college. Being a reasonable age to have such high accomplishments - stuff like that!
We just have a bit of a emphasis on keeping that sort of more realistic, since we have a lot of characters interested in the field, and them growing up, and it'd feel weird or unfair if a character can come in so young with stuff like that. If that makes sense? It's a little hard to explain haha.

I suggest if you want to keep with the fact that she had her own lab & team that you make her older - Or maybe, have her as grad student - or something like that - who perhaps come to Toro to build up that lab, team, without all the years it'd usually take people in other regions :3 or whatever, just some idle suggestions to try and help you figure out what to do!

She seems like a fun character to play though, and you've done a good app with very good open responses though!

Return to “Inactive Applications”