ThatAlex' ET Application

ThatAlex
MC name: That_Alex

ThatAlex' ET Application

Preferred Name: Alex

MC Username: That_Alex

Time Zone: CEST

Number of hours available: 4-8 hours a day (varies a lot, especially due to timezones)

How long you have been playing on Toro League: A little more than 2 years

Why do you want to join Event Team?
I've been wanting to help out Toro for a while, and since i really enjoy running small events for people when they are around (well "running". I just sort of take control of the rp if people are ok with it) i felt i might be able to do that better if i was on ET. It would give me a quick resource to ask for help or improvements on anything i do to learn more and run better mini-events (or full events someday)
Also then i wouldn't have to always insert my own characters into the situation somehow, since it can feel kind of... power-gamey to rp my character while also controlling the scene.
I was held back by not wanting to run/plan massive events, but i was encouraged to still apply, since these little events would still be worthwhile, and i could learn to do them better over time that way.

Do you have any past experiences of any similar positions?
Nope. I've been a DM for D&D a few times and I enjoy writing short stories however, which are skills that may help me with the position.

What can you bring to this team?
While i don't bring any super special skills, i do think im decent at making chisel props, I have a lot of knowledge/interest about biology and geology, and i somewhat pride myself in being able to quickly switch between different characters (as long as I've had some chance to look over a quick synopsis of the character/NPC. Or at least 5 seconds to improv up a funny kobold shopkeeper)

Examples:
some of my chisel props
https://imgur.com/a/vmnHCaI

What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?:
I'm not very confident in being able to run big events. Maybe at some point in the future, but right now i don't think i could handle a large number of people too well.
Also my time-zone makes it hard to join most main-story events, so for those i will often not be able to help, or would just want to play my own character without running anything.
Another big one is my changing schedule, since my life is moving around a lot right now, but if i need to make time for things im somewhat positive I'll be able to.
Also, my ability to build on toro is not... amazing. I'm used to building in vanilla minecraft, with the base texture pack, so while i can help with chisels, big builds i will be sadly not as useful for.

Have you ran or helped with any Toro events before?:
While I haven't ran/helped ran any big main story events, I've often helped people with small things they wanted their characters to do that didn't warrant a full event. Things like catching a new Pokémon or helping evolve something on their team.
I've also been running the petting zoo stall during the Kibo festival, which has been quite fun to do.

Have you helped with any other parts of the event process?:
So far it has only been the acting and writing (or i guess improv) part of the small events I've done. I enjoy improv a lot, so if i do write things it's mostly short notes and ideas so that i can better react to the rp, rather than being tied to a script.

Are you capable of running or helping in events with a higher number of players?:
I'm not so sure about running, but i could definitely help in an event with 5-10 people, maybe more if they're following emote-ettiquete to a T, since it can be hard for me to keep up with dozens of emotes at a time.

Are you capable of running combat-oriented events?:
Absolutely. Being creative, but still rule-bound with Pokémon combat rp is something I think im pretty good at, though I've had only a few chances to try it.

Now, create an event and write at least a one paragraph summary. Then, complete the following questions:
The school has planned a field trip at the end of the school-year to give the kids a break! They will be traveling to Ferrite via Subway and then explore the city and the surrounding wilderness, so they are encouraged to take their Pokémon with them. Where they go will be voted when they arrive, and the school is even supplying one regular Pokéball per kid if they ask for one.

This would obviously be an event for the child characters of Toro, allowing them to leave their home city a bit if they haven't done so yet, catch a new Pokémon friend, or just have some good rp while exploring. Nothing big is planned to happen, so what they run into will mostly depend on where the kids want to go.
At least 2 ET's need to be present for this event, as it would help allow the group to break up a but, or at least rp out more than one NPC at a time.
A nice addition would also be anyone who lives in ferrite and wants to contribute! The PRI could offer a small tour, or the gym may allow for a mock challenge. This information would be added in the announcement for the event, so people have enough time to plan around if they wish.

(1) Describe any effects or props that would be needed and how to implement them.
The only prop would be a help-board if Ferrite doesn't already have one. Perhaps a few statues placed down in advance in places where Pokémon are planned to appear.

(2) Write a basic outline for a character to be used in an event. Essentially, an actor should be able to read it and become the character you want them to.
The teachers, Miss Smith and Mister Rogers, will be in charge of making sure none of the kids get into any trouble.
Rogers is a relaxed man in his late 30's, who likes to let the kids do their thing for the most part. He does follow the rules set for this field trip, but also allows some leeway here and there. He is also the one who brought the Pokéballs, being a trainer himself, and will help out in case any brave (or stupid) wild Pokémon decide to attack. His team consists of a Simisage, Simipour and Simisear.
Smith is in her late 20's and much more aware of the trouble they could get into if the children misbehave. As such she has brought her own Pokémon along, a VERY observant Noctowl, that will be keeping a close eye on any of the children that decide to leave the group.

(3) Create a list of ten emotes to be used in the event.
[1] Wild pokemon!
&eThe group suddenly hears a rustling in the trees, and suddenly a group of 5 very small Krabby fall out of the dense branches! They clatter and bubble angrily at the disturbance and raise their claws menacingly.&r

[2] Help board.
&eAs they exited the subway station, the children could see a few help requests hung onto a wall. Among them were the usual things, such as job offers, but also trade requests and people asking for unusual items.&r [the players may inquire further about these]

[3] "Please take this pokemon off my hands!"
&eOne of the requests came from a professor of the university&r &o'Please, i'm in over my head with this Snover, and i cant just release it here, so close to the desert. Someone take it off my hands so i can focus on my work again without this constant bitter cold!'

[4] "I lost my sword..."
&eThis request was written entirely in crayon, and badly. There were spelling errors all over it&r &o'My mom said we could pick my sword up on the way back from our walk, but then i forgot. If you go down into the swamp could you find my sword? Its the best stick ive ever found for being a sword.'

[5] "I wanted a porygon"
&eAmong the requests was one for a trade. It was written with a typewriter on what looked to be expensive paper.&r &o'My wife gave me one of those electric Geodudes for my birthday, but i have been stumbling over it constantly! Not to mention i asked for a Digital Pokémon, not an Electric one. If anyone could swing by the Porygon tower and bring me one i would appreciate it, i am much too busy these days!'

[6] Some company?
&eAn older lady was sitting on a bench in the park, watching the combee fly around and land near the flowers. A massive rhyhorn had sat down next to her, and she was feeding it the odd berry or two. As [character] approached, she looked over to them with a smile&r "Oh hey there deary, don't worry, stompy here is a very calm one."

[7] Helpless Hippowdon
&aAt the watering hole, the group could see a large number of Pokémon gathered, most of them drinking, but some just enjoying the cool refreshing water. However, one of the Hippowdon seemed to be trying to get away from the water, but was constantly pushed back to it by the large crowd. If only it could be dispersed a bit...&r

[8] Torn Tauros
&aA single Tauros had rushed up to the edge of the city! In the distance, its herd could be seen grazing, though this one had likely smelled the delicious food the group had been enjoying near the store. It did not look threatening, but Tauros were still big and menacing Pokémon without any aggresive gestures. Still, it approached, very slowly, sniffing at the food.&r

[9] Sticky Situation
&aHaving gotten deeper into the muddy parts of the swamp, the group now saw what had been causing the distressed calls. A small Goomy had gotten itself stuck in some hardened mud, and somehow couldnt slither out. It seemed like it had already dried out a bit, and it gave the children a hopeful look as they drew closer.&r

[10] Watchful eye
&aAs sneaky as the group had thought themselves, they were in fact being followed. Smith's Noctowl was flying above them, just out of sight, but able to watch them without any issues.&r

Anything else we need to know:
I am honestly a bit unsure about having the skills to become an ET, or rather having the energy to. My mental state can sometimes get in the way of my rp, but it is something I'm working on. I just ask that you'll understand if I sometimes have to deny helping on a big event due to not feeling alright.
Nihilego is a parasite
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: ThatAlex' ET Application

I forgot to respond to this on the forums but: good app! Thank you for applying :3c Welcome to Trial ET!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”