Ash's Second ET Application

C0DA
MC name: C0DA / Sotha_Sil

Ash's Second ET Application

Preferred Name: Ash/Asher
MC Username: C0DA / Sotha_Sil
Time Zone: Pacific Central
Number of hours available: I work from home babey! Whenever I'm awake I can generally be around, so that's roughly half the week all-in-all.

How long you have been playing on Toro League: A Hwhile. Started waaaay back in 2014-2015ish? And left in early 2016 due to the thing called Real Life. I'm back now, new and improved, since early October. I even transed my gender. Shiny.

Why do you want to join Event Team?: I wanna help y'all build things! I'd love to help create New Things and drive lil' plots forwards, or maybe even big ones!

Do you have any past experiences of any similar positions?: I was an ET-A years ago! I've also been a community mod/admin/etc/general server staff of Doing Things And Making Fun Events since 2011.

What can you bring to this team?: I build. I help. I fix. I act. ..Also I absolutely excel at doing spontaneous mini-events that don't have much bearing on the plot or future of the world, but make for fun stories and experiences for the people involved, and improv/flying by the seat of my pants is honestly how I've done things for years- but I've also driven big ol' story arcs on an elder scrolls server. I'm versatile.

Examples: Here's an album of some of my elder scrolls builds. I'm sorry a lot of these have awful angles that don't show too much of the up-close detail, but they were meant for aesthetic purposes and I have long since vowed to.. Nnnot go back there even for screenshots. They still give a good idea of scope and what I'm used to building?

What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?: I have like,, a really bad sleep schedule and sometimes that makes my hours a wee bit unpredictable. I also, frankly, sometimes read way too much into peoples actions and think I've Royally Fucked Up And Will Definitely Be Booted Out Of Everything over small mistakes because of some Bad Past Experiences in staffing in general. I try to mitigate it by communicating and trying to stay on top of things but it sneaks up on ya sometimes.

Have you ran or helped with any Toro events before?: I did some small-scale acting the last time I was with y'all. I played a recurring noir grunt who was phenomenally bad at her job. klutz 9000.

Have you helped with any other parts of the event process?: Only acting but I'd love to build/plan/coordinate. I'm making this application to mainly help with building things, in fact!

Are you capable of running or helping in events with a higher number of players?: Yeah! I used to be an admin for a ss13 HRP server that averaged like, 100+ people in the summers, and that was HELL to run events for. Minecraft rp events are so much more manageable in comparison,,,

Are you capable of running combat-oriented events?: Yes, though I've been known to go kind of easy on players and TRY to give them a bone. I don't like hurting them unless it was what they most Absolutely Signed Up For... Or unless someone did something Very Very Stupid With Very Many "Are You Certain" Warnings.

Now, create an event and write at least a one paragraph summary. Then, complete the following questions:
When the Toro subway system crawls to a halt one day, all hands available must be called upon to discern the reason for the power loss, and fix it ASAP!

TL;DR Very Upset pokemon have cut power to the rails and our intrepid trainers are needed to figure out why before rush hour happens and everyone gets stuck at the stations, unable to commute home!

The source is revealed to be a colony of sandshrew who become upset and agitated by the drilling and building echoing through the ground from the building of the Galena line. In their panic, they dug straight through to the power cables.. And broke them! Now the nest needs to be dealt with before the repair crew can fix the cables and restore power to the subway station. How will the team deal with them? Will they knock all of them out? Will they look for mama? Will they try to pacify and relocate? It’s up to them.

(1) Describe any effects or props that would be needed and how to implement them.
Building the part of the subway this will take place in, given I don’t believe there are Actual Subway Tunnels down there… This wouldn’t need much in the way of props/effects though, I don’t think. Maybe just some SFX of EX-PAH-LO-SION should things go pear-shaped and mama sandslash come in to angrily defend her babies.

(2) Write a basic outline for a character to be used in an event.
This event shouldn’t need too many characters or actors, but the use of a basic foreman to worry at the players and implore them to do something would be of great help. He’s likely a very, very stressed man with a time-crunch to worry about! Make him sympathetic enough that even if players wouldn’t be personally affected by the temporary halt of the subway lines, they’d probably feel bad leaving the poor man out to dry to deal with this alone...

(3) Create a list of at least ten emotes to be used in the event.
  1. He looks to [player] worriedly, wringing his hands together. “..Listen now, I know you all must be busy folks, but if rush hour hits and the power to the tracks is still down, we could be looking at hundreds, thousands of people trapped in cities they don’t call home.”
  2. The Foreman breathes a sigh of relief at the agreement, his great shoulders falling. “..Thank you all. I can unlock the way to the maintenance tunnels, but you all be careful in there, hear? Who knows what manner of trouble’s awaiting you down there…”
  3. As you traverse deeper into the subway maintenance halls, the distant sounds of construction, drilling and industry can be heard echoing a long way’s off. You can almost feel the massive drill beneath your feet, despite how far away it must be…!
  4. The sounds of electric sparking begin to grow audible. Clearly, the source of the subway’s grid failure must be near here?
  5. Looking around, you find the wall has caved in and given way to a tunnel that seems to have been dug out by many small, hard claws. You can’t help but feel as if you’re being watched...
  6. A dozen beady eyes glint at you in the darkness….
  7. ...The eyes belong to many young Sandshrew, curled up together in the corner of the junction. They peer at you curiously, if not warily....Maybe there wasn’t any danger after all?
  8. There was, in fact, danger. [Player’s decision that spooked them] causes unrest, and one of the larger-looking young swipes at them defensively!
  9. In response to the [Player’s decision that calmed them], the young Sandshrew kits draw cautiously nearer. Perhaps you’ve made friends?
  10. An unsettling rumbling sensation ripples past the immediate area, and debris falls from the ceiling.
  11. The wall beside the group gives way in a sudden, loud crumbling of rock as a large, frantic Sandslash barrels through it, claws gleaming! The Sandshrew are quick to scurry out of sight behind her, and she brandishes her claws at the group defensively!

Anything else we need to know: Here's my 2015 application for quick reference.
Sn0wfa11
MC name: Sn0wfa11

Re: Ash's Second ET Application

Hi there! We've decided to accept your application. Welcome back to the team!

Return to “Accepted Applications”