Floop's ET App

bigpapa671
MC name: FloopTroop

Floop's ET App

Preferred Name: Ali
MC Username: FloopTroop
Time Zone: PST
Number of hours available:Between 10-18 depending on how busy my week is.
How long you have been playing on Toro League: Damn near as long as there’s been a Toro League.

Why do you want to join Event Team?:
In truth? I want to join Event Team because I deeply and genuinely care about Toro as a server. I know lately I’ve been sort of an itinerant rolling back into the community, and leaving just as quickly as I had come, but with the advent of a new server that restores hope, along with a nice niche I’ve carved out with old(and new) friends on both Toro and Adventures I think I can confidently say that I’m in it for the long haul. What can I say? Every dad has their weird hobbies, some like golf, others model trains. Me? I like Minecraft RP.

Do you have any past experiences of any similar positions?:
Yes! Beyond experience as a dungeon master in D&D-esque settings, I’ve actively run events on Toro and was a member of the ET on a certain large RP server that’ll remain unnamed for the sake of my sanity and yours. Needless to say I’d like to think I’m fairly well seasoned as far as experience goes; Heck, I’ve been given GM perms to run events on Toro before.

What can you bring to this team?: Well, I don’t like to toot my own horn but that’s the point of this application huh? I’d say I’m fairly adept at making skins, putting genuine time and effort into each skin I make in order to craft something up to par with the quality players have come to expect on Toro. I’m also versed in photoshop and photoshop related accessories having made multiple neat posters for events I’ve hosted on Toro across the years.

Attached is an example of a sample poster for the city of Carmine: https://i.imgur.com/rRQOzfd.png

I’ve also run multiple Toro elections when we still had those, and have experience in overseeing a team of staff members. Lastly having previously been AT I’m used to dealing with players who may be confused, a vital skill in insuring an event runs smoothly.

Beyond that I can bring a zeal to the event team that I hope will bring out a whole new world of fun for our current players, and attract new players to this wonderful server of ours!

What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?: For the sake of honesty I’ll address what I think may have once been a weakness as well.

The uh… less than stellar relationship I’ve had with people on the staff team might’ve gotten in the way of my performance at one point or another but I think the passage of time, and the wisdom that comes with it has cooled off any hot heads. Ultimately I’ve warmed up to the community again in a way that surprises me, and more than anything else I just want to work on making the server the best place it can be!

The only weakness that would impact my ability as an ET today is the time constraint I am under. On top of teaching an Organic Chemistry section this coming quarter, I am still working a full time job, conducting research, and I am the father of a beautiful baby girl who is approaching the tumultuous terrible twos.

Have you ran or helped with any Toro events before?: Indeed I have! I’ve run a multitude of tournament, social, shopping, and combat events. I’d say I’ve run the gauntlet of event types and have experience with them all.

Have you helped with any other parts of the event process?: All though my building skills are abysmal I’ve previously acted in an event, allowing staff commands to dictate my actions to further immerse the rest of the player base in the event.

Are you capable of running or helping in events with a higher number of players?: Yes, I think the ideal range for smaller events is something like 4-6, but I’m comfortable running and have run events for something between 20 and 25 people.

Are you capable of running combat-oriented events?: Ready, Willing, and Able!

Return to “Inactive Applications”