Portal's Magical Event Actor Application!

Portalgunblaze
MC name: QuartzPT

Portal's Magical Event Actor Application!

MC Username: QuartzPT, Tijmenking, Portalgunblaze and MechanicalAngel

Time Zone: CET

Number of hours available: On Minecraft, about 4 to 6 hours everyday, sometimes more sometimes less. On skype, basically whenever seeing as I don't sleep a whole lot.

RP Name: Jade Aruji, Amelia Aruji, Justin Graves, Eden Woods

RP Age: 40, 18, 9, 9

Are you in any leadership positions in-game?
Currently, no. I was hoping to become Premier but sadly

Define meta-gaming, and give two examples.
Meta-Gaming is using OOC information which your character wouldn't know and using that information for IC purposes.
Example 1:
Player 1's character has a great fear for Bisharps which they keep a secret but it's on their profile. Player 2's character dislikes Player 1's character and so player 2 has their character send out a Bisharp to scare the other character.
Example 2:
Player 1 and Player 2 their characters are going to battle. Player 1 looks on the profile of Player 2's character to see what their team is, then he edits his own team to have a advantage against theirs.

Define power-gaming, and give two examples.
Power-Gaming is using your emotes to force actions onto other people's character to which they had no way to respond. These are seen as unfair because you're basically emoting for someone else and not giving them the option to react.
Example 1:
Player Tim and Bob are playing with their character Jim and Rob, which totally weren't self inserts or anything. Their characters were fighting.
Tim: Jim picks up his knife and stabs Bob 34 times in the chest, killing them.
Bob wasn't able to respond to this emote and this death was forced on him.
Example 2:
Bob is clearly pissed now. He brings in his other character, Bobetta.
Bob: Bobetta runs over to Jim and cuts of his hand, causing Jim to scream out in pain before bleeding to death.
In this example, Bob is literally emoting Tim's character for him.

Explain the difference between IC and OOC.
Simply said, IC, which stands for In-Character, is everything your character does. It's everything that gets rp'd and is canon. OOC is simply you and everything that isn't in rp and isn't canon.

What can you bring to the Actors team?
A active member from a different timezone than most actors, so events or mini-events for that timezone and such can be held. I'm a perfectionist

What is one weakness in yourself that might hinder your ability to work on this team?
Something people might have not noticed, but I am infact a perfectionist. I wanna do things as near to perfect as it could be, which can end up taking up/wasting a lot of time. The fact I am in another timezone is also kind of a big flaw, but that can be worked around.

Create one unique idea for an Event you would like to create and be a part of as an Event Actor.
Information about the event and what would need to be prepared:
In the 50s, the TV was invented. This invention would become one of the most popular in all of the world and be found in nearly every home in the western world. The TV is present in Toro as well, but it's not used a lot. This event would change that. This event would happen at a new TV studio that had just opened up in Toro, where the first episode of a all new gameshow would be held. A TV studio would have to be built somewhere in Toro, either in one of the major cities inside a building, or it's own move-able building somewhere on the many plains. Only one character would really need to be made for the event, which is the host, the rest of the characters can simply be basic NPCs. If possible, I would love to act as the host.

The actual event:
A gameshow which has been quite succesful in other regions has finally come to Toro! The TV studio looks good, the lights are on and the cameras are rolling! One problem though, there are no competitors and no audience. So the ones hosting the gameshow decide to invite the people of Toro to come watch and maybe be apart of the show while it's live on Television.

The Player Characters would all arrive at the studio after a radio announcement and be seated. The show would start and random members of the audience would be chosen to play! They would be asked questions, have to complete challenges, etc, all to gain points. The person with the most points in the end wins and wins a cashprise of (Amount still being decided) Pix!

The event could possibly be repeated on the server or on the forums!

Previous experiences: Besides a lot of RP, I've not been staff ever in the past, but I've dm'd a lot of Skype Rps and such.

Other comments or concerns: N/A

Return to “Inactive Applications”