Fireside Chats with Premier Penn and Arbiter Unterberg

Here you can find the various laws and government documents.
Foska
MC name: Foska

Re: Fireside Chats with Premier Penn and Arbiter Unterberg

"We will fine the Seller and if he is a repeated offender he will serve jailtime, specifics depend on the case. Also if the Buyer isn't suitable for the Pixelmon it will be confiscated and either released into nature or the government will find a suitable owner for it."
courteney14
MC name: courteney14

Rose stood once they were done answering the previous question before asking her own.

"How are you planning to inforce this law? Surely some people would try to oppose this in their own way for whatever reason, so how would that be handled?"
Once spoken, Rose would sit back down, after a little wave at the pair on the stage.. Possibly.
Foska
MC name: Foska

"We have some knowledge of previous Sellers of Pixelmon, of people who just were lucky having found rare recolored ones and saw a way to make money of them, as well as previous normal breeders, so we will have regular government inspections on them."
Portalgunblaze
MC name: QuartzPT

Roderick, who for some strange reason was wearing a fake pair of glasses with mustache, would stand up and ask his question. "You two seem to talk a lot about how this will prevent Pixelmon from going to bad owners, but I don't see how? This might stop bad breeders, but I don't see how this could stop Pixelmon from falling into the hands of people who won't take care of them properly. You two have talked about background checks, but what are these going to include? Are you going to look into someone's wealth? Criminal record? I don't think there is a good way to see if someone is good for their Pixelmon besides spending many hours with them, people can fake it after all. Simply, my questions are how will this law stop Pixelmon from getting into the hands of people who shouldn't have them? How will these background checks work? And why are you first going for laws which could possibly stop people who shouldn't have PIxelmon to get them, instead of making more laws about Pixelmon ownership and how people and Pixelmon should co exist?" Once his question was answered, he sat down, unless someone made a comment about the mustache and glasses.
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

Edgar would scowl, taking the fake glasses and mustache combo as an insult to the press conference.

"We're putting faith in the breeders here. The government is not going to hold the hands of any breeder with background checks. A lot of this will have to do with the attitude the consumer has when requesting, speaking about, and interacting with Pixelmon, both before, and after the transactions. The breeders are responsible for this, and will be held accountable."
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Stella bounces up again, asking yet more questions, " So if there's a psychopath who convinces the breeder that they're a good match, and they end up burning the town with it instead - will it be the breeder's fault for selling the pixelmon? " she furrows her brow, " I'd like to think that breeders have ah... common sense but they are not trained to sniff out bad guys, no? "
Vernon

"Perhaps I should have said this earlier. Breeders will not be held accountable for the actions of a trainer with their Pixelmon. If an incident occurs, an investigation will be done. If a breeder is involved, and if the breeder is reputable, and this is their first offense or the first offense in a long time, they'll be exempt, unless given reason to revoke the exemption."
Rosy

" It is an offense though... poor breeders." Stella would sigh before going on to ask, " You uh... had said that they would be responsible for the person's attitude after ah the transaction? Is that to mean just right after the sale or... how long after must they keep an eye out on them? "
Vernon

"You're misunderstanding. The breeders are responsible for monitoring the attitudes of the consumer, not for the attitude itself. If they feel reason that the Pixelmon is not in a fit environment, they should report it. It's not going to be the duty of a breeder to check every season on a Pixelmon, unless they feel the need to. They need to use their judgement."
Rosy

" I'm not sure what this is about then. Sounds just like more forms for nothing other than controlling us. " she huffs, leaving it at that as she promptly exits the courthouse in her typical childish, grumpy fashion.

Marigold would stand up after that though, giving a soft laugh and a small nod of her head, " Ah, I have a question then. Where does this leave our dear Melinda? As far as I know you cannot breed it's ah... irregularities into a pixelmon, no? That is to say it's 'shininess'. " she smiles, " Not that I really get why one would want one so badly they'd pay for it, but... she is not breeding these, I assume, so she must be gathering them, through other transactions... or something like that! "

Return to “Regional Government Archives”