PixelZGamingYT
MC name: PixelZGaming_YT

PixelZGamingYT's Event Team Actor App

MC Username
PixelZGaming_YT

Time Zone
EST (Eastern Standard Time)

Number of hours available
Mon - Thurs [4:00 PM - 9:00 PM], Fri [4:00 PM - 11:59 AM], Sat [12:00 AM - 11:59 AM], Sun [12:00 AM - 9:00 PM]

RP Name
Joshua Cox

RP Age

Are you in any leadership positions in-game?
No

Define meta-gaming, and give two examples.
Meta-gaming is when you take outside info and cram it into your characters brain. Such as locations, this is seen in amateur roleplays mostly, this includes names, ages, personality traits, things they will do, how they will do it, locations, etc.
[] will be OOC and {} will be IC
#1 This is a scenario where you can't see anyones RP details or whereabouts, and the two roleplayers are on skype/discord/etc. talking to eachother
{John was in a company building, Bob was in his house} [John: Hey, John is on the 4th floor of the company building, and he is hiding in a plant] {Bob ran straight the company building, going straight to the 4th floor and found John sitting behind a plant}
#2 This is a scenario where you can see the others RP details above there character model (such as a name plate with all the details).
{Mary and Susan crossed each others path and bumped into each other "Oh, you must be Mary!" Susan said "It's nice to meet you!" Susan then said, "You two Susan!" Mary said, this is the first time Mary and Susan had met without any else telling them anything about them}

Define power-gaming, and give two examples.
Power-gaming is taking control of the roleplay or doing something without the others consent, such as killing a character, taking something from another character, or injuring a character. These situations are normally played out where the one who is being affected is able to react such as '[NameHere] dodged the punch' or '[NameHere] bent over from the punch'.
Again, [] is OOC, {} is IC
#1 This will now be divided into two people talking, ex: {John said "Hello"} | {Bob said "Hello" as well}
{John and Bob got into a fight over who would be it for the next round of hide and seek, John then grabbed a knife and shoved it into Bob, without fail. Bob went limp and couldn't move anymore, John then proceeded to stab Bob's body and killing him} | {Bob got up and pointed a gun at John} | {John shoved the knife into Bob without missing, killing him for good and Bob could never live again}

#2 Of course, divided by |'s
{Mary punched Susan in the gut for taking her sandwhich, it left a bad bruise and Susan was knocked out without any signs of waking up} | {Susan woke up, tripping Mary, Mary fell to the ground, Mary also puked out blood, there was no other way this could of gone} | {Mary wiped her mouth and shot Susan in the head, killing Susan without fail, or any chance for her to react.} | [Susan: Why couldn't I react?] | [Mary: Because it couldn't be dodged!]

Explain the difference between IC and OOC.
IC {In Character} means that you are someone who is not you, they don't speak like you, walk like you, heck, they don't even BREATH like you do, they are another person born in that universe (aka, the roleplay), as long it goes with the lore of the roleplay, anything can happen to your character, this could go from getting fired from a job to killing an alien mother for her babies, who knows? OOC {Out Of Character} is basically you, you look like you, you walk like you, and it might be surprising, but you breath like yourself. You are someone who can't control ever single thing that happens to you, you can't just do a simple 'Void' or 'Oops, didn't mean to do that', things you do are PERMANENT! Well, getting off topic with lyfe but OOC basically means the puppet master of the character, you control your character however you want, you control their life.

What can you bring to the Actors team?
I don't really know about this part, like what would be good to bring into the actors team... I know what we do is act, but some stuff I say here basically applies to most people:
1. I could easily change my skin without minding it or losing my old skin, for every single skin I use, I have a folder called "Skins" and every single skin I use I put in there, going from creepers to roleplay characters, everything.

2. I get really into roleplaying... and I mean REALLY into it, like to the point where I couldn't be bugged by some concerns, and I could get really into a character if I get used to them.

3. I'm able to tell cases of Power-gaming/meta-gaming really well because some signs of a meta gaming playing with a good roleplayer is like: {John said "Hello Bob!" and in response, Bob said "Have I met you?"}, it would be easy to figure out meta is going on there, or if I see something happen and I see one player didn't react and the other does something to them, I could easily figure out what is going on there.

Now I don't really know what else to say... so that's it I guess...

What is one weakness in yourself that might hinder your ability to work on this team?

1. Say if we would have to go into a skype call for a event, I am sorta shy, even when just talking to new people, chatting is no problem, but talking, well, heh, you get it.

2. Weekdays aren't great for me, as you see in available time, I don't have great time during weekdays because of school, and sometimes I have to stay after which makes me less able to do stuff and sometimes I end up going to the park with my friends until like 6:00 PM, but that only happens like... two times a month.

Create one unique idea for an Event you would like to create and be a part of as an Event Actor.
Minimum of two paragraphs, specifically including information about event-only characters

A Pixelmon was laying in the middle of the forest, it was a lone Caterpie, it had just lost its mother, a beautiful Butterfree, it nestled into the cold skin of the Butterfree, rain pouring from the sky, the Caterpie was scared, it was midnight, it had no idea what to do, so it just nestled into the dead Butterfree, falling asleep. In the morning, the Caterpie heard footsteps so it sprouted out of under the Butterfree, reading for attack, it was a trainer, a boy named Michael, the trainer got a grin on his face and threw his Pixelball at the Caterpie, the Caterpie just stayed in there, being caught, Michael took it back to searching in the wild when he came across another wild Caterpie, he sent out his Caterpie, which was now named Buggy "Buggy, use Tackle!", as Buggy readied a tackle, the other Caterpie shot out like a bullet, hitting Buggy, fainting him.

Buggy woke up in a pokecentre, seeing Michael staring at him, all Michael did was say "Hmpph!" and walk off, Buggy followed. As they got outside, Michael turned around "You good for nothing BUG!" and kicked Buggy, making Buggy roll around on the pavement, Michael snickered "Hey, that was a bit fun..." and then kicked Buggy again, then he started laughing "This IS fun!" and kept beating Buggy, The Nurse came out of the Pokecentre to see the pokemon she had just healed being beat up by his trainer "Sir! Please stop it!" The Nurse said, concerned for the Caterpie. Michael responded in between kicking "Why. He. Is. Just. A. Good. For. Nothing. BUG!" and kicked Buggy so hard he fainted, Michael picked him up and shoved him into The Nurse "Heal him. Now." Michael said, with a hint of anger in his voice, "I can't," The Nurse yelled "You're treating him to cruel!". Michael then snapped back "It's your job, isn't it?!" and shoved the Nurse to the ground "Psh, stupid Nurses getting in my way"

and I guess that is when you would continue the roleplay on with people crowding Michael... yeah... if you want me to make a conclusion too, just tell me, I'll gladly make one up.

[EDIT]
Oh~ I have an idea for ANOTHER one... so I guess i'll just also write it here

A big event is being hosted in Tyrian, so people from all different cities get ready to go and hop on the trainer to Tyrian, the train conductor makes sure everyone is on and okay, and then they start going, halfway through the tunnel, the train tunnel caves in on the train, a large chunk of rock comes down from the roof, the front of the train stops abruptly from hitting the rock. then on the other end, another rock falls, trapping the train and cutting the connection to the outside, the train conductor comes from the front. "Is everyone okay?" He asked the passengers, with some okay and some shaken up from the experience, and without anyone knowing currently, even some may be injured badly or... worse... he continues going through, checking on every single person.

After checking if everyone was okay, he then asks to the crowd if anyone had any bulky pixelmon, to push the rock. Some raised their hands and the train conductor told them to get to work on that rock. He then examines the rock on the other side, and sees some signs that it could have been set to go off after the front boulder came down, trapping them. This could cause quite a distraction and clear out some cities because of the party in Tyrian, it could be that the culprits don't want the party to happen at Tyrian or they want to do something at Tyrian before everyone arrives...

and of course, this is where it would continue off, again, if you need a conclusion, just tell me!

Previous experiences:

Previous experiences? Now, i'm gonna take a leap of faith on this one and think you mean roleplaying... and not the type you do for fun, like, scripted roleplaying... Well, there is ONE, but it was a horrible attempt at doing a roleplay series, of course it had voice, and if we did an event on this with voice, I would be god awful, but it WAS scripted... Oh, I should probably tell you, I did a roleplay series first episode on my channel with my friends, I did the script, and all of us took care of the building, they were meh buildings, not good enough for an event team builder, Expressing roleplay through voice isn't my thing, so that is why I wanna become an event team actor, because I would express it through text and i'm MUCH better at that.

Now if you're talking about events on toro, I have been in one, I remember being in an event which I just decided to refer to as the eevee's nest. I don't remember alot of details but all I remember is getting an eevee by giving one food because a flareon took its apple (typing over a plate, sorry)

Other comments or concerns:
Ahh... well, here I am, applying for ET Actor, and I just wanna say this now: If there is an age limit, I could not find one. So if there is, you can deny this right away. If there isn't, well, at least I have a chance :P

Also, if you're wondering why I did two events, it is because I had another idea after figuring out the train system.
Tdf88
MC name: Tdf88

Re: PixelZGamingYT's Event Team Actor App

Hi there, thanks so much for applying to the Event Team!

For now though, I'm going to suspend the application. Don't worry, it's not because of anything you've done. We try to make sure we know our candidates very well before continuing with the application process. You've only returned recently after a long absence, so we want to keep watching you and your rp more. For now, I'm going to say go out and interact with folks, enjoy yourself, attend events, and we'll definitely consider you when you reapply in the future!

Return to “Inactive Applications”