Theo Ross's Villain Application

Do you think this character would be a suitable villain?

I do believe this player will add fair and enjoyable Villainous RP.
100%
I do not believe this player contributes to the communities' RP.
No votes

Total votes: 5

Sn0wfa11
MC name: Sn0wfa11

Theo Ross's Villain Application

General Questions

MC Name: Sn0wfa11

Character Name:
Theo Ross

Character's Age:
20, almost 21

Character Alignment:
Lawful Good and Chaotic Evil

Why do you believe you are such alignment?
Ordinarily Theo is a kind person with an ironclad devotion to morality… but as of late, due to stuff that will be explained below, he’s becoming unhinged, with a second personality that leaks out normally and can become entirely dominant when he uses electricity (again, see below). This second personality is utterly insane and destructive.

Character Race: Human, basically.

Have you read and are familiar with all server rules and villain rules?

Yep. I’m familiar with the rules and am on staff.

What specific evils does your character plan on commiting? List the number of each Evil you would like to be considered for, and specifically when/why you need them:
2 and, to a lesser extent, 3, if only in the chaotic sense. Theo isn’t subtle enough for corruption, and when he’s sane enough for it wouldn’t want to anyway. He wouldn’t steal because again, when he’s rational he wouldn’t want to and when he’s crazy he wouldn’t care. Theo, when insane, is basically entirely destructive. Hence, arson, destruction, violence, etc.

What sort of Villain are you looking to be?:
An entirely unhinged one, mostly. Theo’s insane personality is a destructive force motivated almost exclusively by anger. His normal self /is/ willing to use his abilities despite the insanity when he is threatened. Thus, Theo will be both an insane monster and to a lesser extent somebody fighting for good, when he can control himself. Hopefully he’ll learn more self control in the future- this will limit his insane personality, and if it happens, he’ll be more of an anti-villain, somebody rigorously devoted to good who can go too far (since he’ll still have the crazies, just less).

Why do you as a player wish to play a villain?
Theo’s been through a ton of crap, and combined with the effects of his cell changes, he’s going crazy. I really enjoy his transformation from a kind, if a bit hapless, guy on the straight and narrow who was rather skittish to somebody who’s biggest fear now is himself, somebody who loses control for both normal and condition related reasons. I think this is a great way to create some really interesting RP, as it already has.

Biography: (3-5 paragraphs)
Theo came to Toro following a series of awful events in Johto involving evil experimentation on Pixelmon. He fled after trying to be a whistleblower. Once in Toro, Theo met Sam Knighton and landed a job as PR Manager in Ferrite, and soon befriended Aeiden Bishop, assisting him with science and engineering. His first big trauma came in Autumn 1009, when Team Noir tried to rob the bank in Ferrite. Following a struggle, one of the Grunts ended up hanging from a windmill- Theo, not willing to let someone die, swooped in to save him, only to get crushed by the windmill (it fell due to a number of other people foolishly standing on it) when it fell. The grunt escaped, and Theo was hospitalized.
After recovering, Theo became determined to stop the evil around him. He built the jumpsuit he wears now (and would later come to depend upon) following this- it’s effectively armor and a utility belt, that later came to be a self defense device that could shock attackers on contact, nothing special- and took numerous other measures to prepare himself. Theo became close friends with Donna Marino (later Donna Bishop when she got adopted) despite the fact that she’s 12, and she has been incredibly supportive since.

Unfortunately… due to Donna’s ability to befriend everyone, she became friends with Reaper Z, who apparently has some good left in him, once his evil persona is stripped away (which happens very rarely). Once she told Theo, he gave her a message for him, trying to help him, only to later actually encounter him in her presence. He attacked Theo, who panicked and shocked him a bit with his suit- in the resulting fight, Theo gave up entirely, hoping to appeal to his non-Reaper self. He failed. Reaper beat him to within an inch of his life, and he only lived because Donna got Reaper’s non-Reaper persona to briefly take over and bring him to the hospital.

While in the hospital, Aeiden used a potion on Theo… unfortunately, was still wearing his suit and had metal in his chest, which got caught in the spray and unknown to him spread through his bloodstream, rewiring his DNA (THIS is why you don’t use potions on humans, people). He slowly became more and more ill until he realized it was heavy metal poisoning, and medical exams showed his cells now grow metal structures, including their cytoskeletons. Theo’s skin grew harder, and his strength increased a bit- and most of all he can now conduct, store, and redirect electricity and magnetism (he cannot produce energy however). Do see below for all the drawbacks. He learned this during a fateful encounter with Amir Tahir…

One night, Amir, who is a jerk, bumped into Theo while he was returning from gathering components for a filter for his blood (to counter the poisoning) at the hospital. Amir was rude, and as he usually would to anybody mad, since he is something of a joker, Theo riled him up with mockery. Amir eventually taunted him back by telling him Donna had mentioned him and that he wasn’t there to protect her. Enraged, threatened questioning by Theo revealed that Amir had hit her. Beyond furious, Theo electrocuted him and discovered that he no longer needed his suit to do that (though it still provides much of the power), since that function was off, and moreover since it was never that strong. His rage grew and grew, and his shouting attracted the Sheriff and Rakutsu, who saw him electrocuting Amir.
Horrified, Theo fled, teleporting Amir and himself to his basement, where he punched him repeatedly in the face and tied him up, trying to figure out what to do with him. He calmed down quickly and became terrified at what he’d done. After some more hijinks, he ended up releasing Amir… who went to the hospital. When Theo told Aeiden of what happened, Sal, Aeiden’ Magneton, went after Amir- Theo tried and failed to stop her, and she ended up disifiguring him by turning his torso around. Amir commited suicide later.

Theo blames himself for Amir’s death, is scared of his newfound abilities and more scared of the personality they bring out- his mind, under stress and psychological side effects of his changes, is cracking, resulting in the emergence of a new, unhinged personality. This personality pops out randomly in small degrees- nothing too bad. But if Theo gets angry or uses his abilities, it takes more control, turning him into a being of pure rage. The more power he’s using, the more insane he is. All of this is leaving him battered, broken, scared, and lost. He’s scared he’ll hurt the people he cares for, and sad he cannot follow his own morals.

What moral boundaries does your character have, if any?

When not crazy, Theo has /all/ of the moral boundaries. Barring activation of his slow but explosive temper, he’ll help almost anyone and not cause any harm. His insane personality on the other hand is barely kept in check. When it’s in control, the best he can do is not outright killing his close friends.

What are some notable strengths of your character?

He has increased physical strength and constitution thanks to the metal in his cells, and can as I said use electrical energy. This makes him very deadly and rather hard to kill- he can survive heavy impacts and long falls. His electrical abilities are only about that of, say, a capable Magnezone, but they’re unusual for a human, and make him a big threat, especially because they make him crazy upon use.

What are some notable weaknesses of your character?

Theo depends upon the blood filter on the chest portion of his suit to avoid death by heavy metal poisoning. He is slower than a normal person when not using his powers due to the metal. A minor weakness is his asthma. Theo cannot control himself when he uses his abilities more than a bit, and constantly emits the occasional spark, making him accident prone and a threat to unprotected others. Electrical power is a medical need, due to the filter, and a biological need, due to the changes generally, of his, and he cannot produce it. Lastly, with all the metal, he’s vulnerable to magnetism- a foe who could overpower him could rip him apart with magnets if he did not manage to stop them with his own abilities.

Is your character loyal or does he turn around and back stab people? To what extent?

He is normally entirely loyal. When he’s at his craziest, he could become a threat to friends- he can resist harming them to a degree, but could certainly hurt them without thinking and might do so intentionally if enraged or if they tried to stop him from acting.

Open Response
Answer these five questions IC as if you were accepted for the evils you applied for. We will be watching for power-gaming, meta-gaming or anything unrealistic.

You hear the doorbell ring outside your door and head to open it. An angry looking woman with a large machoke you can only assume to be a bodyguard, stands at the door way. She begins jabbing a finger at your chest and threatening you to pay your rent. What do you do next?
Theo would reach into his wallet and pay the rent. Along the lines of:

Theo: “My apologies, ma’am. Here it is- next time, I’d appreciate it if you could ask more nicely.” He’d chuckle before closing the door, his hands sparking a bit.

Unless she threatened him, or angered him, in which case he’d try to scare her away with electricity. If she didn’t leave, he’d electrocute her.

Theo: “Get. Out. N-now-” Theo contorts his face, looking like he’s fighting with himself, before laughing manically, “or I’ll burn you to a crisp.” He’d grin, a shadow passing over his face.

While staying at a nearby inn, you happen to overhear two men talking about a heist. You can't make out too many details but they seem to be struggling to find another member to help. What do you do next?
Theo would approach them, “Hey. You. Be a little more stealthy next time you’re planning something criminal.”
The thugs would presumably see nothing scary about Theo, maybe the long scars on his face, and respond, “Yeah? Wha’ you gunna do about it?”
Theo ignores him and responds, “Leave.” He’s beginning to grow angry, and shocks dance between his fingers every few seconds.
We’ll say the thug assaults him. Theo would take the punch, knowing the thief would hurt his hand in the attempt, and pass a current over his skin. The thug, electrocuted, recoils in pain, and Theo struggles to remain in control, “I-I… said… leave!” He’d flash once, lightning flaring around him, hoping he’d scare them off without having to use too much power and go completely nuts.
They’d probably run off at that.

An old woman has fallen down on the route. She calls for you to help her. You noticed she has nothing but a purse on her but littered around her feet are fainted Pixelmon. What do you do next?
Theo would first release his Golurk, Gemma, to offer her a hand- he wouldn’t risk accidentally electrocuting her with one of his random shocks.
Theo: “Need some help? I hope you’re alright. I can get you to the hospital fast if you need,” he’d say, releasing Modest, his Magnezone, and smiling brightly.
Old Woman: “Oh heavens, bless your kind heart.” Theo would pull out six revives and revive her entire team, then bring her to the nearest clinic to make sure she didn’t break her hip.

Team Noir strikes again! You were walking along the route when up ahead you notice a pit hole trap where voices are screaming for help. Two people dressed in black and red stand over the hole and laugh maniacally. What do you do next?
Theo would immediately grow furious. He hates Team Noir. His hands would quickly crackle with energy and, without warning, he’d loose a bolt at both Grunts, releasing his Magnezone, who’d then direct an induced current to charge him from a distance for extra power. Theo would then walk slowly toward the grunts, who’d been knocked over, and attempt to pin each one down and electrocute them horribly, and painfully, before leaving them, burned and unconscious on the road. He’d calm down a bit then, look down nervously at his hands and shake his head again, horrified, before giggling madly once more. Theo would frown a bit then tie a rope to a nearby stump and let it hang down to the hole before flying off, again scared of himself.

A while walking along the sidewalk in Aurelia, a boy in his early teens bumps into you. He has an air of arrogance and he scowls at you only for a moment before continuing to walk. When you pat down your jacket pockets, you've noticed your wallet missing. What do you do next?
Theo would turn around and run after the youth. Catching him, he’d grab his shoulder, pin him down, and attempt to take everything the kid was carrying. If he succeeded, he’d dash off with the stuff before he could lose himself again. If the kid managed to fight back, things would get gruesome, like they did in the previous instance. I leave ifs because had any of these been actually controlled by players, Theo’s actions would, and should, depend heavily upon their own.

Thanks for reading.
Bonjove
MC name: Bonjove

Re: Theo Ross's Villain Application

This is ironic because this whole week I'm trying to find a way for Rakutsu to have a split persona that takes over his body when he has the ninja suit on
tiffmagius
MC name: tiffmagius

Yes, hello. This is a tiny reference that I tried to fill out. Snow deserves a lot more reference than I'm able to type out without rambling v-v

Do you know the applicant IC/OOC? Yes. Both OOC and IC.
Do you think the applicant will follow the VA rules? Yes. I do not think, I know he will.

Does the applicant break character and bring OOC into RP? I don't think I've ever seen him do that at all. He actually seems to be extremely against anything that could be OOC for RP, although that's my own personal opinion.

Would the applicant willingly put himself into a situation they would might not win? Yes. He's already given himself a ton of thingys that can go wrong with his character, and I'm sure he'd be willing to lose fights. He may of lost fights already? I'm not sure. I know there have been things that have happened that he and his character did not want to happen, but let happen anyways. Did I word that right?

Is the applicant's RP generally fun for everyone? I think so! I know when I first joined, evne before I knew him, Theo was really fun to watch during RP and I felt encouraged to try to RP with him on my own.

Are the evils chosen for the character relevant to the character? If not which ones?
I think so! I don't know much about what he's planning for the future with his character, but they all seem to check out and I'm sure he knows what he's doing! ^ v ^

Please provide a screenshot (s) of an RP session with the applicant.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/ ... 7lqukl.png
I LIKE THIS ONE A LOT. Because it shows a complex emotional thought process from both the player and character v u v''''
And just because it's one of my favorite things Theo has ever said ;-;
discord: tiffy#4730
Heart
MC name: MissHeartx

This topic is now locked for review.
Heart
MC name: MissHeartx

HAVE FUN SPARKY SPARKY BOOM MAN~

Return to “Accepted Applications”