Juno's funky wunky whitelist

RoadkillCatgirl
MC name: RoadkillCatgirl

Juno's funky wunky whitelist

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Roadkill_Catgirl
Discord Username: roadkillcatgirl
Pronouns (optional): She/It
Where did you hear about us: Cammycakess! She's been telling me about Toro for about as long as I've known her and I'm finally getting around to putting in a whitelist.
Tell us a little about yourself: My names are Zoe and Juno (I go by both). I've been into MCRP for a little over a year and I've been into pokemon and rp in general for far longer. I've got about 6 years of rp / ttrpg under my belt and I'm hoping to only grow that number here!

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words & You are free to delete anything of the things in ()s ]
What is meta-gaming?: Metagaming is using or acting on information that your character would not know, such as things that were told to you OOCly but never revealed to your character. If a character has (Vampire) next to their name, but nobody has told you they're a vampire and you've never seen them drink blood, then that's just a person!
What is power-gaming / god-modding?: Powergaming / Godmodding is taking actions for another player's character or deciding what happens to them for their player. It removes the possibility of consent from players and makes everyone's roleplaying experience more frustrating. You can push someone, but you can't decide how they fall.
What is retroactive continuity? (retcon): Please provide an example!): To retcon or "void" a plotpoint or roleplay moment is to declare that it is no longer canon after it happened. In action, it effectively erases certain events from the accepted canon and therefore any characters who were involved in it or learned of it no longer know about it. An example (from personal history) is a character joining a secret organization, then later no longer knowing it exists at all because the character who leaked its existence to them shouldn't have been able to speak to them when they did.
What is Character Bleed, and how can you prevent it? : Character bleed is when a player's emotions or personal biases affect a character's actions. It can be prevented both by focusing on the aspects of your character that are different from yourself and by keeping IC interactions separate from OOC player relations.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?: Plenty! Most of my experience is in Swords and Sorcery high fantasy environments, but I also dabble in modern settings and sci-fi. I've never played an RP server that was focused on an existing franchise but it seems like a good change of pace.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a 80+ word minimum for the appearance, 150+ word minimum for biography, and 150+ word minimum for personality. But feel free to do more! Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Maddison Mills

Appearance: On the shorter side, standing at 5'4" (162cm) with curly, dirty blonde hair that's cut just above her shoulders. Her skin is tanned from her time working in the sun, but not enough to hide her freckles. Her ears are pierced with a simple silver heart stud in each. She dresses in a rustic pair of leather overalls with tears in the legs and a faded finish from years of love and use. Under that she can often be seen in a variety of colors of flannel tops ranging from pinks to reds to greens to any color fitting the season. Her most striking features are her red work boots with pastel pink laces that she shines new at the end of every day and the woven crown of pink and blue flowers she never leaves the house without.

Personality: Maddison is reserved, but by no means introverted. She keeps to herself when she has a goal in mind and often won't let herself become distracted from the task at hand. On the contrary, if she sees somebody in need she's ready and willing to drop whatever she's working on to offer a helping hand. When she isn't set on work, Maddison enjoys meeting new people and immersing herself in her local community. She likes to keep up to date with what's goin on around her so she's never caught off guard by a new opportunity to get involved. On a more personal level, Maddison is a caring and endearing friend to those who break through her bubble of general hospitality to form a real bond. When she calls someone a friend, she means it. And she's more often than not ride-or-die to a stubborn extent; often needing her trust to be directly betrayed to be willing to abandon someone.

Biography: Hailing from the Unova region, Maddison and her family lived a humble agricultural life. They grew a variety of plants, ranging from the trainer essentials like apricorn and various berries to more standard human foods like grains and vegetables. Their family owned a large sum of land and used it to its fullest, keeping not only their groves and fields but a large pasture for pokemon to aid in farm work. Miltanks being the most bountiful. Not long before Maddison left home, they finally made the switch from raising Rapidashes to the much less volatile Mudsdales.
In the hopes of breaking from their traditional roots and rising to the times, Maddison and her identical twin sister Clarissa packed up their bags and left home. Maddison hoped to see as much of the world as she could, but found a particular interest in Toro for its cultural variety and thriving city life. As much as she loved living the smaller life and tending to the family farm, she desired a brighter and more active environment. And rather than choosing somewhere she'd seen before like Nimbasa or Mistralton City in Unova, Maddie opted to spread her wings and explore. All she took with her was her bare necessities, the money in her savings, and her beloved Skiddo Peppercorn.

Flaws: Maddison never knows when someone isn't worth her effort. She's willing to stay friends with someone no matter what they do so long as she isn't personally harmed. Even when directly confronted about someone's misdoings, she'd rather defend them in ignorance than give up on them.

Despite her insistence on helping people and making others' lives better, Maddison can never shake the feeling that she isn't good enough for the people she keeps around. She struggles with her own self worth and will occasionally isolate herself from close friends because she feels she doesn't deserve their attention.

Ambitions: Maddison wants to eventually have a dedicated apricorn farm and pursue a certification in pokeball creation in order to make less common varieties of pokeball (namely those that are more comfortable for their inhabitants) more readily accessible.

Starter Pokemon: Skiddo
Skin:

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[There is a 150+ word minimum for two of the scenarios, you can choose which. You only need to do 2 out of 3. Responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Maddison kneels down to follow where the girl was pointing. She looked up to the tree, seeing if she could spot the Meowth. "Well ain't that somethin'? How'd it get up there?" She stands back up, keeping her passive smile in the hopes that her cheerful demeanor would help to calm the girl. "I've never been much of a tree climber myself, but I know just the person to get your little friend down from there." She'd take a couple steps away from the tree, back the direction she'd come from. "I'll be right back, okay? Soon as I find my sister she'll 'em down lickity split!"
Maddison would wait for a moment for the girl's response, allowing her to follow if she wished. Either way, she'd have long forgotten her priority from before the young girl approached her. She's off to find Claire. Claire will know what to do!

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Maddie stops, setting her suitcases down and pulling up the handles to roll them along behind her. "I came from Unova! Little farm town on the western edge, if you need specifics. I'm hopin' to find a place away from home to settle down and here seemed just lovely for it."
She'd stand up slightly taller while she spoke, both to present with more confidence in spite of her height and to chance a peek at the woman's clipboard to see what kind of survey she was conducting.
"As for plans-" She taps one of her suitcases with her foot. On the front is an embroidered design of an apricorn plant in bloom. "I'm hopin' to get pokeball certified! Been growin' all my life and now I'm hopin' to make the more specialty sorts of balls that you don't come by too often. Artisan crafts, mostly."
About this time, the click-clack of hooves would scamper off the boat behind her as Peppercorn caught up. "Oh there you are Peps? Hey, miss, does he need to answer too? I bet he's got some big ambitions!"

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pokeball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Pepprcorn leaps in front of Maddison, taking a defensive stance ready to charge at the sudden opponent. Maddison, on the other hand, would stay frozen for a few moments before raising her hands and shaking them in front of her.
"No, no no no! I'm not that kinda trainer, sugarplum! Peppercorn here's not a battler by any means."
She'd lower her hands, placing one on the Skiddo's horns to ease them and placing the other on a pokeball clasped to her belt, prepared to recall the goat pokemon in case he still insisted on a fight.
"Besides, look at your little fella compared to mine! Pep's twice his size and probably twice as strong. I'd hate to bruise your pride so early in the mornin'! Why don't you head back to your hidin' spot and wait for some other trainer to come a'walkin' so you can so someone your size what you're made of?"
Jobob519
MC name: Jobob_519

Re: Juno's funky wunky whitelist

Accepted!

Return to “Accepted Applications”