Torie's Application

ramen
MC name: ShyRamen

Torie's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: ShyRamen
Discord Username: ramen#1748
Where did you hear about us: Two friends, (Leoh#0062 and E - Neptune Milk- E#1321) invited me to join

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Roleplaying is when you take fake scenarios and act them out as if you are in them. For example: Say you’re playing a character who is hotheaded or has anger issues, you would try your best to act as if you were that character in any type of scenario.
What is meta-gaming? Meta-gaming is using out of character knowledge for in character use to gain an advantage.
What is power-gaming / god-modding? Powergaming is forcing a scenario where the odds go in your favor no matter what the other person does.
What is retroactive continuity (retcon) ? Major changes to your character.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? (IC) Everything that you do while rping with your character on the server. (OOC) Anything you do while not in character, this is basically anything outside of rp.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? Yes I do.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Torie Maeve
Appearance:
Torie is a petite teen, standing 5”2 in height but compensating for her short looks with her tall attitude. She has free flowing dark brown locks with pretty dyed ginger tips. Her eyes are a deep hazel, popping in their unique color by the vibrant contrast of her clothes. She has a very distinguishable electric blue axolotl hat that showcases her excitable personality. Her outfits are usually softly paired with earthy tones and comfortable sweaters.
Personality: An extroverted girl, not one to back away from the chance for conversation. She loves to talk, even if there’s nothing important to talk about, leading to her rambling nonsense most of the time. She is a kind, gentle soul, always wanting to help rather than harm. The curious type, always open to the idea of learning more whether it be big or small, she doesn’t mind. Very happy and full of joy, always carries herself with a smile.
Biography: Torie Maeve was born in the Alola region of the Pokémon world, but her mother passed away during childbirth, leaving her an orphan from the very beginning. She was raised by her grandpa, who did his best to provide a loving home for her, but Torie always felt a sense of emptiness without her mother. Despite this, she was a bright child who excelled in her studies, particularly in science and biology.

When Torie turned 10, she discovered her passion for the ocean. Being raised in the region of Alola, she found herself around it everyday. The coolness and warmth of the water, the vast amount of animals below the depths of the sea, it entrapped her in its mysterious beauty. Fascinated by the creatures that lived in the ocean, she spent hours reading books and watching documentaries about them, constantly wanting to learn more and more about what lies below its wondrous waves. Her grandpa was supportive of her dreams and encouraged her to pursue her interests, buying her whatever she needed to help her learn. Snorkel's, flippers, diving classes, swimsuits, all of these were no worry to Torie with her grandpa around.

It was during her early teenage years that Torie acquired her first Pokémon, a Spheal. She had always been interested in Pokémon, but she had never had the opportunity to own one until now. And at that point, she made her decision. After catching the Spheal at a nearby beach, Torie decided to keep it for herself, naming it Beachball from where she found it and how it looked. She raised and cared for her little Spheal with all the love in her heart, the two grew a strong bond because of it. Soon after, Torie found out there was a career field dedicated to the sea, just what she wanted! It was then and there she knew what she wanted to become, a marine biologist. Beachball quickly became Torie's constant companion and partner in her studies. She spent countless hours observing and studying Beachball's behavior, using what she learned to further her understanding of marine biology. Even though she was focussed on her studies, she never let them get in the way of the friendship she had with her little B’ball.

But sadly enough, her choices of school were limited to the area she was in. With a long conversation with her grandpa, he came to the decision of letting her leave home for her studies. She acquired news of a city named Toro, it being known for its diverse universities. A couple weeks before Torie was to depart from Alola, her grandpa passed, his old age finally catching up to him as he passed away in his sleep. Torie was heartbroken, feeling awful that her one support system had finally left her. She postponed her flight to Toro with a heavy heart, grieving the only individual that has been the closest thing she’s ever gotten to a parent.

For months she grieved, unable to move or work, slowly sinking down and farther into the depths of her grief. One night, as she slept restlessly, her grandpa came to her in a dream. He urged her to go back into her studies, that he was so proud of her for everything she had done and his only regret was not seeing her to the end. She woke up feeling more alive and refreshed than she had in years. Deciding to follow her dreams (pun intended), she finally scheduled her flight to Toro and set foot off to what she hoped to be her future.

Flaws: Because of her active nature, she is prone to impulsivity and making hasty decisions without considering the consequences. She struggles a lot with alone time, becoming restless and anxious when not around people. Has the tendency to overshare information, talking to the point of rambling nonsense to herself and others at times.
Ambitions: To simply enjoy the ocean as much as possible, by spending time on the beach, learning new water sports, or sharing her love for the ocean with others. She aspires to become a marine biologist, and use her passion for the ocean to care and study it.
Starter Pixelmon: Spheal
Skin:
https://namemc.com/skin/c05ea94349862681

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond? Torie would gaze upon the small child for a moment before following her pointing finger up to the tree, she then returns her attention to the little girl. “Oh, don’t worry! I’ll help you get your little kitty, everything will be alright! C’mon, dry those tears!” Torie would kneel down infront of her on one knee, bringing up her hands to gently wipe the tears off of the little girl's face. “Can you bring me to where he is? Then we can get him back to you, okay sweetie?” She offered her hand to the little girl with a bright smile on her face.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond? “Hello there! Thank you! I came from a small town in the Alola region! I’ve heard a thing or two about the schools here and how they’re really good. I was looking to get into one to further increase my studies on marine biology, somewhat of a childhood dream you could call it!” Torie let out a few chuckles at that moment. “Although- I’m uh- no exactly sure where I’ll be going now that I'm here.. It was kind of an.. Impulse decision..? Don’t worry- I’m sure I can handle it on my own haha! I’ll probably find a hotel or something- that’s if I have enough cash.. Wait- am I homeless? Ahh crap! What am I gonna do for housing stuff? And food, oh my goodness! How could I be such an idiot! Crap..”
Jobob519
MC name: Jobob_519

Re: Torie's Application

accepted!

Return to “Accepted Applications”