Khrizanthemums's Application

Khrizanthemums
MC name: Khrizanthemums

Khrizanthemums's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Khrizanthemums
Discord Username: Khrizantema
Where did you hear about us: Planet Minecraft
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi!! I'm Khriz, and for as long as I can remember, I've been a fan of Pokémon as well as role playing. You can imagine my surprise when I found this place! I'm excited to be here!

-Roleplay Questions-
What is roleplaying?: Roleplaying is the act of playing out a role in a scenario that is normally decided before taking part in the act. This can be either in actions, real life, text, or voice. Long story short, there is a plethora of mediums through which to roleplay.
What is meta-gaming?: Metagaming is the act of taking information which was learned through OOC means while IC.
What is power-gaming / god-modding?: Powergaming/godmodding is sometimes used interchangeably from what I've seen, but they mean similar things. Normally, this means giving your character unrealistic advantages, not allowing your roleplay partner to act, or even simply taking control of your roleplay partner's character.
What is retroactive continuity (retcon) ?: Retconning, from what I understand, is when new information is introduced that changes how previous events in roleplay had transpired.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?: Both words are self explanatory. In character means that you are in character, currently roleplaying. Out Of Character means that you are not roleplaying at the moment. You are out of character.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?: I do! I've played on numerous RP servers before to the point that I can no longer keep track of them.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]

Full name: Arai Chantraine

Appearance: Standing at 5’11, Arai normally finds himself wearing a grey turtleneck and slacks under a white or beige coat. His footwear is nothing remarkable– just whatever he happened to pick up first on his mad dash to get out of the house in the mornings. His eyes are sharp almond shapes with muted blue irises– normally obscured by the lenses of dirty glasses– and his hair is a deep, midnight blue colour.

Personality: Araias, while a difficult character to pin down, can best be described as happy-go-lucky. He’s energetic, quick to action, and easily pleased. He’s passionate about what he believes in, and tends to carry a fatherly air about him. He has a bad habit of calling those who are younger than himself “kiddo”. He considers himself an optimist. Overall, he is a genuine type of person in his words even if they happen to make very little sense.

Biography: Born to an Alolan and Kalosian set of parents, Arai was one of two children. Though spoiled, his parents were not always in the picture for most of his life. Both were in the field of scientific research. Their jobs often kept them away from home, and therefore away from their children. Arai had mostly been raised by various hired nannies due to their absence.

Arai was a quiet child, often shy and keeping to himself. He did not have other children his age in the area to play or socialize with besides his sister with whom he did not get along for the most part. Being taught privately in his home did not serve to help in the least. He found himself living a rather secluded childhood. In the absence of his parents and other potential friends, Arai found himself forging bonds with the pokemon that frequented the surrounding areas of his Galarian home.

One such instance was when Arai had befriended a pair of small, inseparable Rookidee that had frequented his window. One of the two Rookidee were injured, leading Arai to attempt to befriend them in order to help the injured pokemon. Thankfully, he’d managed to gain the trust of the two Rookidee and aid the one in need, which had been fiercely guarding its sibling despite its injury. These two would later become the partner pokemon of Arai. Finding these Rookidee sparked his interest in the interactions between pokemon, possible benefits that could be had by both people and pokemon working together, as well as the act of simply caring for pokemon in general.

To make a long story short, Arai’s childhood was rather lonely. His parents were hardly in the picture, and he and his sister did not get along. However, this was when his interest in pokemon and research began.

In his adolescence, Arai poured his heart into his studies. Whether it was for the approval of his absent parents, an escape from his nagging sister, or purely due to his own interests is still up in the air due to the likelihood of it being any one of those reasons. Though his parents did acknowledge his efforts, it was almost as if it was nothing to them. They hadn’t offered any sort of praise other than an offhand sentence in a letter home that told him to study hard. This lack of acknowledgement led him to resent his parents for a while. The combination of them brushing off his hard work, never showing any sort of love or appreciation, and visiting only a handful of times– only when he and his sister were children– led him to resent his parents for some time.

For a while, Arai neglected his studies in favor of going out to interact with the local pokemon and pursue hobbies such as art, reading, and gardening. It was at this point in his life when he’d found an interest in the medicinal uses of berries and the culinary arts. It was also at this point that he’d realized with a dawning horror that he might pursue a career as a research professor since it aligned with his interests. Though he loathed the idea of being in the same line of work as his parents, he reasoned to himself that he would simply have to be better than them.

Flaws: Though quick to action, this is not always a good thing. Little thought is put into his near constant split second decisions. Repetition tends to bore the living daylights out of Arai, and so he tends to fear commitment to anything that is (or could become) of that nature. Though, if he does find something that he enjoys doing, he will work at it to the point of over-exhaustion. Arai is also terribly naive due to his lack of socialization over the years.

Ambitions: Araias hopes to one day become a research professor, studying both people and pokemon for the sake of finding ways to better the lives of both. Secondary to this wish, he also hopes to find different ways to utilize– as well as more efficient ways to use– various medicinal herbs and berries that seem to grow in abundance.
Starter Pokemon: Rookidee

Skin: Image Image

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Arai would turn his head in the direction of the Meowth as soon as it had been mentioned, eyes widening a fraction. “Oh. Oh, my,” He spoke quietly. After a moment’s thought, he would turn back toward the girl.
“Well, that won’t do, will it? Let’s see if I can be of any help, hm?” Flashing her a confident grin, he would jog over to the tree, gesturing the girl over. “Your Meowth will be fine, kiddo– Give me one minute!”

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

“Ah, thank you very much!” He gives a smile of gratitude that quickly begins to fade into blatant confusion as the woman’s questions are fired off. “Eh– Pardon?” He chuckles in a sheepish manner, lightly scratching the back of his neck. “I think I only caught about half of that. My name is Arai, I come from Galar, and as for where I’m going…” He trails off, the sheepish expression returning. “You wouldn’t happen to know where I can find a map, would you?”

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pokeball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Khrizanthemums's Application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”