New player : Nico!

Nicolas6722
MC name: Nico_DarkPit

New player : Nico!

Hello, do you want to know who I am? Well, here it is, enjoy your reading!

Player Questions

Minecraft Username: Nico_DarkPit

Where did you hear about us: I got to the home page through a comment on Reddit. Before that, I asked Google if there were any Pixelmon RP servers.

Tell us a little about yourself: First of all, my name is Nicolas and I live in France! So, as I said, I've been looking for a server like yours for years. With a small team, I had built a map to install a Pixelmon RP. And I was the one who built most of it and I was the only person really motivated for this difficult project so it didn't continue. It's a shame but I've greatly improved the quality of my builds!
In life, I play a lot but I also do music, video editing and some pixel art. I really like creating things but I never managed to finish creating a Pokémon fangame. That's why I'm focusing on resources for people other than myself. Apart from that, I really enjoy hiking.

Roleplay Questions

What is roleplaying? This is what I'm looking for when trying to join your server! I have often imagined myself as a character who lives in the Pokémon series. Playing as a man or woman whose decisions and actions can change the daily life of another player's character. Telling a story whose chapters are written thanks to or because of another character's story. All in a "realistic" dimension. In this case, how would I experience an encounter with a wild Pokémon? Would I be afraid or would I capture it? How will my character manage to get a Pokéball in a world where it has to be earned?

In short, roleplay for me is a story that the players write according to their own background. They have to learn to live together and can betray each other.

What is meta-gaming? It is the fact of knowing details about a character, a place, or an object.
Here are some examples. I know a player's name because it is written above his head but my character has never seen this person. I know that Rattata can appear in the Toro area because it is common. I know his name is Rattata even though I have never seen him. I can't know about a Pokémon without seeing it alive or in a book for example. Even if I know that a player has a character (by looking at the forum or discord), my own character doesn't know. And using this information is an abuse even if it is sometimes difficult to avoid.

What is power-gaming/godmodding? This refers to abusive actions on another character. Not giving the chance to react and kill someone without having done any RP actions first for example. Another example is a guy who miraculously escapes with broken legs. Or handcuffing a suspect without telling him to put his hands up.

What is retroactive continuity? This is when you change the character's application in an unfair way. That is, deleting or changing lines in order to erase the existence of a fact. If I want to change my application, I can assure you that it is to improve it and not to cheat. The retroactive continuity can be useful if you realize late that something is not right.

Here is an example of how this rule works: My character is allowed to lie or not tell the truth in an RP scene, but I am not allowed to delete the lines involved directly. I think it's best to talk to a moderator or an admin. Another example: If my character is insecure and meets a policeman, he will not feel comfortable in the conversation at all. So he can't lie about his character, his looks or his feelings.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? This is when the character's attitude is not in keeping with his or her personality or makes the character very different from what we know about him or her. In short, the OOC concerns all the actions and words that the player performs and the IC describes the words and actions of the character.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? Of course! On a Minecraft server called "L'Arche RP" or on SCP:SL.
On the first one, I was a blacksmith who had a hard time dealing with government orders because resources were hard to get. In the second, it's a very short and dark roleplay that alternates randomly between SCP, guards, prisoners, and insurgents.
In real life, I spent three years in an acting school and performed in front of 150 people. I practiced on stories that were sometimes comical, sometimes serious. I played the role of Hyppolite, a baby or a UN peacekeeper.

General Character Questions

Full name: Jean-Luc

Appearance: Thin face and a little less tall than other people of his age. Always well groomed with relatively short brown hair that floats above the forehead. He has no particular scars or injuries. He doesn't like to wear accessories or caps and prefers to keep it simple. However, he often wears a scarf because he gets cold easily. He wears jeans all year round except in summer when he wears Bermuda shorts. He also has brown eyes and no beard or mustache. He sometimes wears glasses to read.

Personality: In short, he is shy and lacks confidence. Because of this, he often stays alone in his corner. But this allows him to study and concentrate fully on his high school classes. He likes to learn new things and he is doing well in school. However, he is afraid of Pokémon. It's a phobia that keeps him from moving forward when it comes to Pokémon. Finally, he believes that it blocks him and makes him feel inferior to others. He is more organized than his father.

Biography (and not just that): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gJJ ... sp=sharing

Flaws and quality:
Negative points.
Shyness
Lack of confidence
Loner
Phobia of Pokémon
Discreet
Not really ambitious
He has never participated in a Pokémon battle. Nor against a wild Pokémon.

Positive points.
Serious
Studious
Organized
Thirst for knowledge
Always keeps his promises
Caring
Dislikes all forms of violence.

As you can see, Jean-Luc is shy and reserved. His lack of self-confidence prevents him from interacting properly with other people his age. He prefers to isolate himself and, since he never goes out for a walk or a drink with his classmates, Jean-Luc spends a lot of time working on his schoolwork. With good grades, he often gets encouragement from his teachers, hoping to see him open up to others. His quarterly report cards show that he is capable of going into many professions in the future. The branch that seems to fit him is working in a Pokémon lab. But he can't stand contact with Pokémon, he prefers to observe them from a safe distance. There are few people Jean-Luc trusts. He has few friends, but he seems to free himself when they are around him. For the people he trusts, Jean-Luc will not hesitate to come to their aid if needed.

To argue this paragraph, I will talk about official characters in Pokémon games and anime. Their existence in this text is just to make you understand my character better. Like Trevor, who lives in Kalos, Jean-Luc is also curious and studious. The big difference between these two youngsters is Jean-Luc's shyness and fear of Pokémon. But Jean-Luc is better organized and more scrupulous in respecting the rules. Finally, Jean-Luc and Lillie, who lives in Alola, are similar in their personalities with common fears. Both are concerned about their surroundings and sometimes put themselves in danger for their loved ones. But always respecting the rules, because they have a sense of justice

Ambitions: Jean-Luc doesn't really have any idea what he wants to do later on, when he will have to work for his life. For now, he is housed and fed at his high school so he can afford to focus on his upcoming tests.. He is convinced that the better his results, the more he will have the choice of the job he wants to do. In reality, Jean-Luc doesn't know it yet, but as time goes by, his phobia of Pokémon will disappear because, during the school trip organized in partnership with the region of Toro, he will be confronted with a lot of difficulties. He will be asked to go and meet the inhabitants of the island who do not speak his language. Indeed, in Kalos, the common language of the region is spoken, that is, the Kalosian, but in Toro, it is not the same story. On top of that, he will have to keep his cool with the Pokémon. The theme of this trip encourages the students to interact with the locals, but also to study the history of Toro, as well as the Pokémon found there. In a few years, he will become an assistant to a Pokémon teacher. How will Jean-Luc do this? Knowing that he starts with a handicap?

Starter Pixelmon: If we follow the scenario I imagined, Jean-Luc will not have any starter because he is unable to make contact with them. His first Pokémon will be the result of chance and fate!

Skin: Image

In general, I use the same basic body for the skin but I use outfits that I find on PlanetMinecraft for example. For this, I prefer to use a different color palette. The ones that are used for the sprites of the NPCs in the Pokémon games to add consistency. For these three skins, in order, there are: the standard everyday outfit, the "summer" mode outfit and an outfit that might not be used immediately, but which is the one of a Pokémon teacher's assistant. If needed, I can easily create other outfits this way depending on the situation. So expect me to change clothes often (because you have to change from time to time and take a shower).

Open Response Questions:
You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Jean-Luc did not seem to have understood what the girl meant. Trusting his intuition, he turned slightly to look at the direction indicated by the girl. Jean-Luc understood then, what the problem was. He faced the girl again and to answer her, he nodded his head and said "Ok, I... I will help you" while stammering. He approached the tree where the Meowth was stuck. Jean-Luc didn't seem to know how to do it. So he pinched his chin to think of a solution. He seemed to have an idea because he glanced at a berry vendor about twenty meters away. Jean-Luc bought some fruits, all different. Then he returned to the tree. He noticed that the girl was trying to attract the Pokémon by calling it. Jean-Luc said to the girl, "Give him some berry". He gave her the bag of berries he had tied to a branch before stepping back to avoid scaring the Meowth.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Jean-Luc seems surprised by such enthusiasm. He answered roughly "Sorry, can your repeat slowly?" The lady then slowly resumed and asked her questions in a more direct way. "Oh sorry, you don't speak our language. I am in charge of asking you questions about the reason of your presence on our island. Jean-Luc answered as best he could "I...I'm from Kalos, I am student". He seemed uncomfortable and avoided making eye contact with the lady. The lady offered Jean-Luc a tour of the city "Would you like me to show you around?" He seemed embarrassed by this proposal which he declined by saying "Sorry, I...I have to go."

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Jean-Luc looked at the kid and blinked several times. He seemed not to have understood his words but analyzing the gestures and his Pokéball throw, Jean-Luc was saying no with his head while showing his belt. The kid seemed not to understand and insisted. From what the kid was saying, Jean-Luc understood "Let's fight" or "Fight me". Jean-Luc sighed and went on his way, turning his back on the arrogant-looking kid.
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: New player : Nico!

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”