Fortune's Application

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
Fortune
MC name: ___Fortune___

Fortune's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: ___Fortune___ (Those are 3 _ both in the front and the back!)
Discord Username: Fortune#2161
Pronouns (optional):
Where did you hear about us: Fluffy Bristle told me about it
Tell us a little about yourself:
Hello there! I am Fortune, the ruler of worlds, the master of rhythm, that one person who can't let you live your life in peace, yeah, it was me all along. I am an overly energetic person with a lot of ambition, and a lot of free time (sometimes) with a small pinch of what you'd call 'kinda weird' I call it 'being cool'. I have been in the text-based roleplaying community for about a year and a half now, and in the pokemon community as a whole for like... 10 years, or something... my favorite pokemon game is BW2 (how original, I know), I use most of my free time playing games, mostly just trying to do stupid challenges because I hate my sanity (but love virtual prizes), recently started trying to complete all of Hollow Knight's achievements, (really good game btw) having only 3 left for that, and recently picked up Crypt of The Necrodancer, which, is a bit of a struggle, ngl, still very fun though. Just today I found out about this server by complete chance from Fluffy- and... well... I am maybe /too/ excited to join, but... that can not be bad, can it? Anywho- I might have lingered a bit too long on this introduction, but, I am excited to meet whoever you are, anonymous (probably not actually anonymous) reader! Oh- and I am from Brazil, that too, and I hate football, ironic.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
-Roleplaying is the act of acting (wow, so original), it is the act of having a character you put your heart into, creating their story and developing them, as if they were real somewhat, or an extension of yourself. It is like a book that is written, slowly, as rp happens.
What is meta-gaming?
-Metagaming is the use of information obtained outside of roleplay in roleplay as if your character heard it themselves. E.g: Bob hears that John's character has a secret stash under his carpet to store his pokeballs, so Bob's character goes there and takes John's pokeballs.
What is power-gaming / god-modding?
-The act of enforcing an action without allowing for a reaction from the other person, even if it shouldn't even logically happen. E.g: Bob's Blastoise uses Hydro Pump on John's house, blowing it into the air, even though it is made of bricks, and he didn't even speak to John about it.
What is retroactive continuity? (retcon):
-Changing something already stablished about a character and/or lore. Eg: Bob's character was from a tropical land place, but now he decided his character is from the cold instead.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
-In-character things are things that are said or done in roleplay by the characters controlled by the players, while OOC things are things done by the players of said characters that do not and should not involve roleplay directly.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
-Yes, I have had quite some experience in the past, been in another server for a bit more than an year, and was on another some time before that too.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Elias Anders
Appearance: A 5ft 7inches young man with very pale skin. He is covered from head to toe in black clothing meant to traverse a cold enviroment. He is usually covered by snow, as per courtesy of his pokemon, in an attempt to keep himself chill even while wearing moslty non-ideal garments. Otherwise from his exccentric clothing choices, he doesn't appear to be that special, having brown eyes and dark hair. His appearance being overall cold (pun intended) and maybe a bit bland somewhat.
Personality: Behind his cold appearance, he actually hides a very warm personality. Even if avoiding the initiation of conversation due to not wanting to bother anyone, he is quick to make friends. He holds his friends in the highest regard, sometimes above himself. Though his trust is easy to gain, it is also just as easy to lose, and even harder to recuperate. He is quick to fight in order to protect someone he sees in positive or even neutral light, holding his ideals in front of all. He believes lying as the worst of sins, telling the truth even if it might be a bit hurtful. Though not something he likes to show, his ego is easy to hurt, leading to him being very competitive if he deems necessary.
Biography: Born and raised in Tapu Village, in the base of Mountain Lanakila in Alola, Elias quickly became familiar and enchanted by pokemon. He would spend days on Mountain Lanakila, simply enjoying being in nature among the pokemon. He would pass days and nights, growing used to the cold enviroment provided, and growing familiar with each of the pokemon there, even if wild. With time becoming close to a small alolan vulpix, he'd grow attached to, when the time came for him to be by himself, that same vulpix would be his first companion. Though his time in Alola had always been great, it appeared to become stale by the day, growing tired, he moved to Toro, searching for something new.
Flaws: Overly competitive at times, non conversational unless made to be.
Ambitions: He is overall unambitious, outside of meeting new people and pokemon and becoming capable of protecting those.
Starter Pokemon: A female alolan vulpix, of timid nature, named Powder
Skin: Image Image

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
-Elias would put a hand over the girl's head, as a means to perhaps calm her down as necessary. He'd then approach the tree, looking up towards wherever the Meowth was. Powder, his Vulpix, would stay behind with the girl, providing some emotional support. "How did it get up there anyway?" He would ask, mostly to himself, as he attempts to climb the tree. Being familiar with climbing mountains, climbing up the tree would not be too challenging, being done soon enough. "Hello there." He would smile to the Meowth, as he opened his arms for it to come to him. As it did, he would carefully manage his way back down, now with the girl's pokemon. And as he reaches the ground, he would give it to her, with a small soft smile.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
- "Ah- hm... I- I-" *He would stutter a bit, caught-off guard by the sudden approach. His Vulpix hiding behind him. "I... came from... Alola?" He says, sounding awfully unsure of himself. "I... came here... because... it sounded nice... I... think...?" He would sound even more uncertain than before, barely having been able to wander around the region. "Erm- I... want to go somewhere nice and cold... uhm... please tell me that was all-" He would smile awkwardly, hoping that was the end of it.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pokeball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
- "Ah- eh... I- so... uhm... that isn't nice-" His Vulpix, which was not inside a pokeball, would immediately jump in front of Elias, in order to protect her best friend, knowing he would do the same. "Uhm- you... want to fight, Powder? I... think I can do this... uhm... yes." He would look to the other trainer, more fiercely now. "C-Challenge accepted!"
stowaway8888
MC name: stowaway8888/Dayre_

Re: Fortune's Application

Hey! Thanks for your interest in our server! Unfortunately, I'm gonna have to deny this application. We have an age limit of 16+, and you don't meet that yet. I do encourage you to apply a month prior to your 16th birthday, however, and we can take another look!

Return to “Inactive Applications”