Adequacyy
MC name: Adequacyy

Adequacyy | Whitelist Application

Minecraft Username:
Adequacyy

Discord Username:
Adequacy#7225

Where did you hear about us:
I found you guys on planetminecraft while searching up Pixelmon rp servers!

Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm a DemiBoy (which just means I go by He/They pronouns) and I really love Pokémon! I've been a huge fan all my life! I love to rp and have been role playing in Minecraft for years! Your server caught my attention because I find your story to be very interesting and I wanted to give it a try.

Roleplay Questions

What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying to me, means immersing yourself in a world filled with shared experiences that are driven by many different people! It means expressing yourself in ways that let you explore different types of emotions and how you could react to them as a character.

What is meta-gaming?
Meta-Gaming is taking things you've learned out-of-character and using it to essentially boost your characters knowledge of things that they would normally not have any information of. This information can be used to get a leg-up on things if you had it and it is often frowned upon by all roleplaying communities.

What is power-gaming/godmodding?
Power-gaming, to put it simply, is giving your character power that would benefit them at the expense of others. Using RP to force someone to do something is an example of this; such as telling them that you hit them and force them to blackout. It puts them in an unfair position and forces them to be unable to role play the situation. Another example of power gaming would be non-stop attacking and not allowing the other character to fight back in the rp scenario or abusing "dodging" to not get hit or hurt. These are looked down upon by all serious role play servers.

What is retroactive continuity?
Retroactive continuity, or 'retcon', is where you change key things in your character's backstory. This can be as small as deciding to change what school you went to, or as big as bringing a love one back from ever being dead! Because of its ambiguity, it is looked down upon to change key things in your characters past, especially if not brought up to members of staff or game masters in any rp server you are a part of.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In-character (IC) are things you do or say as your character, they are meant to be taken as canon and taken as something your character has done or said. Out-of-character (OOC) are things you do or say when you are not in character. These can be comments on how the role playing is going or can be used for light chatting in-between sessions.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
I have lots of experience roleplaying in Minecraft as well as playing D&D. I used to be a LORE staff member for a steampunk rp server called CorsiaCraft! I've never done a Pixelmon rp server before, though I have done a Pokémon style D&D game. I am very excited to experience Pixelmon through a role playing perspective!

General Character Questions
(( Please write these in third person! ))

Full name:
Arlo Cameron

Appearance: - One paragraph minimum.
Arlo is a messy-styled brunette whose hair tends to have a mind of its own. His eyes are a pale, icy, blue color that peer out from beneath his hair. His nose and cheeks are covered with dark brown freckles that scatter off in every direction. He is awkwardly lanky and thin, his bones poking out a bit at his joints. He is 5 Feet and 10 Inches in height and weighs approximately 130-135 Pounds. He enjoys wearing comfortable clothes in an autumn-style color scheme as well as sweaters and aviator jackets. His favorite article of clothing would be his jacket that belonged to his father when he was a young man.

Personality: - One paragraph minimum.
Arlo's personality could be described as "hopelessly optimistic". Even in the darkest of times, he will still try to have a positive attitude; in a very 'glass-half-full' kind of way. Despite this, his peers would describe him as "weird" and "awkward" and tends to "talk way too much". He is unapologetically himself and because of this, very few people can stand being around him; his best friend, Finn, being one of them.

Arlo enjoys being outside surrounded by Pokémon and plant life! He likes the smell of Autumn and the taste of spices sown from the earth. When not studying for classes, he likes to find work in planting and harvesting for local farms around his home. He has a large interest in plant-based Pokémon species and hopes to study them all one day.

Biography: - One paragraph minimum.
Arlo's father, Carter Cameron, was an aviator and trainer of flying type Pokémon. He was born in Sinnoh and lived his whole life before he decided he needed to see the world and as an aviator he was able to do just that. After years of traveling around, he had made his way to Hoenn and settled in the bustling city of Lilycove. It was there he met Arlo's mother, Emika Hatomi, in a diner where she worked.

Emika always wanted to be a chef; she would work in all types of restaurants and diners trying to get as much experience as she could. She moved to Lilycove city for its opportunities and knew it would be her best chance to move up in the world, or so she thought. It seemed like no matter what she did, no one would give her a chance to prove herself. She was forced to work as a waitress at the local diner just to afford to stay there. She would have never imagined working there would alter the course of her life. Everything had changed on that day when Carter Cameron met Emika Hatomi.

It was like someone had adjusted the antennae on a radio, their chance meeting had sparked something dormant in them both. Carter went back everyday to that little diner to see her, and everyday she hoped he would return again. Their attraction to each other was magnetic in such a way that only a Magneton could possibly understand it. After weeks and weeks, and eventually months and months; attraction had evolved into love. Carter proposed to Emika in that same diner they met and it was all she wrote. They settled down in Oldale Town, in a house on a hill Carter had purchased for them; It was small and perfect.

Years later in early Autumn they would have a son and name him Arlo, so named for the hill they securely lived upon. Arlo would be a curious child and would show an aptitude for trying to speak even though he knew very little words. By the time he reached the age of 5, his skills in speaking were much higher than the other kids in his first year class. This skill of his became his downfall as the other students did not like how much he spoke and would not play with him. While this indeed made him feel sad and he could not understand why they did not like him so, it did not deter him from trying his best to be everyone's friend. This would eventually bear fruit in the form of his future best friend, Finn Loomis.

Arlo was always curious about Finn, the quiet boy in school who spoke to no one. He decided to make it his sole mission to be his friend. Arlo got his chance years later at the age of 8 on one late summer weekend when there was no school. He was exploring the route to the west of his town, route 102, when he noticed Finn underneath a big tree looking up into the clouds. He couldn't believe it! He had never seen Finn outside of school and so he took the opportunity to walk up to the boy and strike up a conversation.

Arlo and Finn became fast friends and would spend the rest of their summer together. Once school had started back up they would study together, hangout on the weekends on route 102, have sleepovers at Arlo's house, and tell each other their deepest hopes and dreams. Their bond only increased over the years and everyone would only come to know them as a pair. Their friendship would last even into their teens and through to their last years in high school where they both graduated.

Shortly after graduation the two friends sat underneath that big tree where their friendship had began almost 10 years ago. Arlo noticed his dearest friend sniffling softly and looking away from him. He questioned him until Finn finally said. "I need to go, I can't stay here anymore." Arlo was shocked but he knew what he had meant. He knew his friend had been struggling for a long time, even though he had never openly admitted it. After a short conversation they had decided they would both leave together, but they needed to do one thing first; they needed to catch a Pokémon.

It took all summer of failure after failure after failure, until that fateful day on the last day of summer, both of their lucks would change. They decided it would be best to split off and search on different sides of route 102, Finn to the West and Arlo to the north. Arlo searched and searched through the tall grass for what seemed like hours before he noticed movement. He was so excited that he almost threw the ball before even looking at what it was; there, walking in front of him, was a small Seedot. It was the cutest Pokémon he had ever seen! With a wide grin he reached into his pack and pulled out the last Pokéball he had, took a deep breath, and sent it spiraling towards the unsuspecting Seedot. One.... Two.... Three... The Pokémon remained inside! He had done it! He had caught his very first Pokémon! He was so happy that he immediately started running to the western most side of route 102 to find his friend.

Arlo ran and ran until he finally saw Finn, who looked like he was lost in a trance looking at a lone Pokéball in the grass. He knew immediately what had happened. He shouted to his friend, "You too?!" which shook Finn out of his trance-like state. He looked over to Arlo and noticed his excited expression and Pokéball in hand. "What did you get?" Finn finally asked.

It was finally time, they would pack their things and prepare their journey into the unknown. With newly acquired Pokémon, Arlo and his best friend Finn would set their sights on the Toro Region! It is here they will begin their journey into the unknown! Arlo hopes to be able to meet and study different and new types of plant-like Pokémon as he makes it his sole mission to understand them all.

Flaws:
Arlo is extremely awkward in the sense of he has no understanding as to when to stop talking. This has gotten him into so much trouble and he has been threatened with bodily harm because of it. He is pretty clumsy due to his height and low body weight, and has been know to trip over literally nothing at times. Due to his low body mass, he tends to get cold pretty easily and will be seen wearing sweaters and jackets in weather most people would describe as comfortably warm.

Ambitions:
Arlo wishes to research and learn all he can about the many different types of plant-based Pokémon. He hopes the Toro Region will provide him with the means to see many different species all in one place. He plans to also work closely with the agricultural sects of farms throughout the region as well to learn about the different types of plant-based foods that are grown there.

Starter Pixelmon:
Seedot
Male
Ability: Early Bird
Nature: Naïve

Skin:
I Have 2 skins I plan to use:

Travelling clothes-

Formal wear-

Open Response Questions - One paragraph minimum

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Arlo would turn to the young girl, tears in her eyes, and begin asking her a huge mess of questions in rapid fire succession. "How old is your Meowth? Does it react ok to strangers coming near it? Would it possibly hurt me if I were to get too close?" He wouldn't want it to react and get hurt if he got close to it without knowing the whole situation. After the young girl has adequately answered his questions and he had deemed it safe to do so, he would then begin to climb that tree and try his best to get it down. His tall lanky form would make it easy for him to climb up it and thus eventually it would be brought back down to safety and into the loving arms of its owner, the little girl.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Arlo, being the chatty Cathy that he is, would talk this woman's ears off for hours upon hours as he explained all his hopes and ambitions. He would go into detail about how he wants to study the regions agriculture as well as its plant based Pokémon. He would go off onto tangents that seemed like they would never veer back to the original topic, only to do so in ways the woman did not expect. He would then begin asking her about her own personal life in such a fluid way with the conversation that she would openly answer him before realizing she was saying too much. By the end of their conversation she would have felt a whole range of emotions that would leave her questioning if she had actually spent this long talking because it felt like even longer than what it actually was. Arlo would walk away having enjoyed himself, while the woman would walk away feeling emotionally drained from the whole experience.
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Adequacyy | Whitelist Application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”