Runavvay

Discord Username:
Runaway#0115

Pronouns (optional):
He/Him

Where did you hear about us:
I heard about you from my friend Adequacyy

Tell us a little about yourself:
I'm Runaway, I like playing games and having new experiences with friends, I'm quite shy and held back, but I like roleplaying and when my friend told me about this server, I thought it sounded really interesting and worth doing.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]

What is roleplaying?
To me, roleplaying has always been a fun way to gain new experiences and memories, I have been roleplaying in games with my friends since before I even knew what roleplaying was, I always love seeing characters react to new events and worlds, roleplaying can be anything, it can be shock, joy, fear, no matter what you want it to be, it can, it has no limits, it's all about everybody having a good time and enjoying themselves as much as possible.

What is meta-gaming?
meta-gaming is using your real world knowledge to gain an advantage that shouldn't be possible, it can be anything from, my friend told me in discord you're the bad guy when you killed him, to, that character snuck off and I cant hear him, but irl I can so I'm going to know what they said, any way you can use knowledge you should not have in character to get, or give an advantage.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?
Making yourself the only one with any control of what happens, taking the experience, the fun and the game away from other people, trying to be the strongest, the "main character" so to speak, having an "everything proof shield" if anybody gets close to hitting you, and making sure you cant be touched, no matter what the cost to everyone else.

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon):
Suddenly changing something that is already established based on information that has recently come out that has never been mentioned before, like if a character contradicts themselves but wants to continue as if the contradiction never happened, like a semi-reboot, this character died, came back, died again, but none of it happened, if a plot twist is revealed and then taken back later it can be seen as a retcon.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In character is what the avatar in game, the person you created would do in a situation, how they would behave, how they would act or what they would say in any given moment, in character is the knowledge your character has as though that world was real and nothing existed outside of it, out of character is what you as a person do, what you say and do has no meaning on the world or any effect, as its not real and you are aware its a game, you play the character but you are yourself.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Not a Minecraft one, I have minimal experience in public servers, but I have played private servers, I hosted a small VRChat RP for me and my friends to try it out.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]

Full name:
Finn Loomis

Appearance:
Finn is a timid looking boy, he looks quite frail and sad, almost sickly, he has shoulder length black hair, it seems quite neat at first glance, but looking closely that its just bedhead, it almost covers his eyes, stopping at just below his eyebrow, he has two deep blue eyes, that seem to wander often, his face seems quite flushed at all times, his cheeks are never not red, Finn stands at around 5 feet and 3 inches, and weighs around 100 pounds, he is quite short and underweight, he is rather weak and doesn't seem to hide it very well, he wears an oversized shirt, with the sleeves going over his hands, he likes to wear a red vest and a green tie, as well as green trousers.

Personality:
Finn is a shy boy, he keeps to himself mostly, but when he cares about somebody he will latch on like a lost puppy, he struggles to keep friends, they do activities he cant keep up with, but he will always push himself to try, he is loyal to a fault, he will do things that hurt him if he thinks it will benefit his friends, even if its just something they would like but don't need, Finn feels like he cant offer his friends as much as they give him, like he owes them just for being his friend, Finn can be paranoid, anxious, confused and overthinking, but he will always put others first and has a kind heart. he likes to see sights, he can be lost for hours staring at a nice sight, he loved going out with his friends to see more, and seeing sights with his Pokémon, he wants to see something that nobody else in their town has ever seen before, he cherishes memories more than anything, memories with his family, memories with his friends, memories with his Pokémon, he wants a memory he wont ever forget, he wants to be able to tell people a story, a memory of his, and have nobody else be able to compare, if he can achieve that, even only once, he'll be happy.

Biography:
Finn was born into a decently well off family, however, his problems started young, issue after issue, year after year, Finn grew up in a hospital room more than his own, he hardly saw his family, they needed to work so much to pay for everything, he had a caretaker, in his early life, he had seen her more than both of his parents combined, he saw the stress he caused, the worry, the fear, they were overprotective, maybe they were right to be, he felt weak, Finn had to be looked after, the first 4 years of his life he had hardly been able to do anything, most of the friends he made would come in after him, then leave when they got better, never to be seen again, at age 5, he was to start school, he had been doing well, but still his caretaker worried, and she would stay at the school all day, waiting for if anything went wrong, thankfully, it never did, and for Finn, things would actually get better.
Finns parents were nice enough people, they did everything they could for their son, but it led to a disconnect, they sent him away to the hospital with his caretaker while they worked to support the bills, Finn would always admire his parents, and appreciate what they had done for him, but some nights he would cry when he struggled to remember their voices.

one weekend, a few years later, Finn, now 8 years old, was out on route 102, he had asked to stretch his legs and go a walk to make sure he was ok, it was a warm Summer evening, so nobody had an issue so long as he was quick and safe, his caretaker kept an eye on him, checking up out a window every moment or so, Finn took a seat for a little, resting under a tree, sitting in the shade, watching the clouds go by, he could have been sitting there for a couple of moments, or an hour, he couldn't tell, but suddenly a classmate of his came and spoke to him, this was odd for Finn, most of the time he would avoid people, but he didn't usually have to, as most people would be too scared to get whatever he had, Finn didn't know what he was getting into, his entire life changed the moment he met his classmate, Arlo Cameron, when he met Arlo, it was like a whole new world opened to him, he never knew somebody could talk so much, he could give a one word answer and he could continue the conversation for long after, it was nice, he thought to have somebody who wanted to talk to him even if he couldn't offer much in return, he wanted to spend all of his time with him, after a week, he considered Arlo his best friend.

Over time, things would continue to be on edge for Finn, frequent hospital visits, no time to do all the things he wanted, no way to get out, instead he was stuck inside, he would stare out the window for hours, watching the clouds go by, looking at fields and any passers-by, he would remember all the good times he and Arlo had together, he thought of so many things they could do, he was hopeful that one day the hospital visits would stop, and luckily, they would get less and less frequent, and eventually, at 16 he would go for his last regular visit, for 2 years he went free from having to go, he was still frail and weak, but he had hope.
After 10 years together, Finn and Arlo were inseparable, he still felt needy and clingy, but even still he trusted Arlo, he didn't want to hurt him by talking about these thoughts, what if he was hurt that Finn didn't trust him, what if he was sad Finn mentioned it, worse yet, what if he agreed? what if Finns thought were right, what if he left..... Finn felt like he wanted so much, and felt selfish for wanting it, he wanted to get out, he wanted to see the world, but he didn't want to be alone, he couldn't ask Arlo to go, he had done so much for him.
So he came up with an idea, what if they caught a Pokémon together? It was something they could do together, and then he would have a Pokémon, so he wouldn't feel like such a burden to pester Arlo all the time, so, shortly after they finished school, graduating, he planned to ask Arlo, "Would you like to catch our first Pokémon together?" and so, he took him to the tree in route 102, but it didn't happen how he wanted, he felt a familiar pain in his chest.... "no, not now... please no" he thought to himself, he could feel the tears bubbling up, he thought he was better, that this was over, how could this happen again, it seemed like Arlo noticed something was up, and he asked what was wrong, Finn could hear Arlo constantly talking as a faint muffle in his head, and in that moment, something snapped in Finn, he didn't want to live his life constrained to a hospital bed, he didn't want to waste his life, not knowing how long it would be, "I have to go" he blurted out, "I cant stay here anymore, I want to go see the world" Arlo seemed puzzled, asking where he would go "somewhere, anywhere..." Finn replied, Arlo asked why, "I just cant stay here anymore" he replied bluntly, and to Finns surprise Arlo replied
"well, ok, but if you have to go, I'm going to come with you, my dad got to see the world when he was younger, i think this would be a good opportunity for me, so I'm gonna come with you!"
"you don't need to do that" Finn replied, still holding back tears
Arlo replied again jokingly, Finn didn't hear most of it, he was so happy to have a friend like him
"well..." Finn said thoughtfully "we're going to need Pokémon"
Finn and Arlo talk for a while more before they buy pokeballs and begin hunting route 102 for Pokémon

After some time, trying to work up his nerve while calming down at the same, he finds his Pokémon, he is determined to capture the first Pokémon that comes to him, he steps into the grass, and he encounters one, Ralts.
The Ralts looks at him quizzically, he knows this Pokémon, Ralts can sense emotions, and they dont like gloomy people, they like chipper, happy people.....
"It must be here for Arlo" he thought "he's the most upbeat person I've ever seen."
his determination for capturing the first Pokémon that comes to him had completely gone, the nerves came back, and Finn left, he didn't even manage to throw the pokeball.
"next one..." he thought

The entire summer, Arlo and Finn tried and tried to capture Pokémon, but they failed each time, tried as they might, they failed and failed and failed again, they hadn't accounted for their inexperience, on the last day, they decided to split up, they were running out of pokeballs, today had to be the day, it was now or never, and then, Finn found a Pokémon, a Ralts, he hadn't seen a Ralts since he left the first day, he decided, I'm going to fail to catch anything, might as well try, and with that, he threw his pokeball, it shook once, *click* but, this wasn't the click of it opening like he was use to, this was a capture click, Finn couldn't believe it, Ralts... Finn couldn't help but smile as he looked at his pokeball.

Finn snapped out of it, he must have stared at the pokeball for hours, in quiet disbelief, that he had done it, he had caught his first Pokémon, he almost became entranced again, before he realized what had snapped him out of it, he quickly looked to Arlo, holding a pokeball like a trophy, before Finn picked his up out of the grass and asked Arlo "what did you get?"

Later, after Finn went home, he let Ralts out, he stared for a little bit before awkwardly, "uhh, hi?" the Ralts looked at him, "sorry, I'm not great at this" he sat in silence for a moment, this isn't at all what he thought it would be like, but at the same time, it was so much more, he sat and talked to the Ralts for a while, before starting to play with him, he got him treats too, "finally" he thought "I don't have to be alone"
whenever he was alone now, he thought back to the dark hospital nights, where he would lay awake, hearing noises, sometimes screams, sometimes snapping, he couldn't decide what was more horrific, the fear would rush back to him as he had nobody there, alone, scared, this Ralts meant more to him already than he could possibly describe, a friend who was always going to be there for him, somebody he could always have with him, he didn't have to be alone, or feel like a pest, he still thought back though, wondering if Ralts really was meant for Arlo.... But he thought "he's happy with Seedot, if you were meant for him, then I'll always have him with me too" he pushed the thought aside, Ralts, was going to be a new friend, and Finn swore to do everything he could for him!
Now he was more determined than ever to see the sights of the world, he's going to show his Pokémon that he's a worthy trainer, Finn will be the best trainer and the best friend he can be.

Flaws:
Finn is quite traumatized, he is frail, weak, paranoid and is quite obsessive over people.
His low self image and non-existent self esteem hold him back more than any other person ever could.

Ambitions:
Finn has a few ambitions, he doesn't want to be the strongest, he doesn't want to be the best, he just wants to make his friends happy, he wants to see the sights that Toro has to offer, he wants to prove that he is a worthy trainer and friend, and lastly he wants to make good memories along the way.

Starter Pokemon: Ralts, male, Synchronize, Timid

Skin: Image

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Finn takes a slight step back in surprise, feeling dread in this moment, looking around to make sure the girl isn't talking to somebody else.
Finn takes a deep breath, he turns to her and says "ok, I'm sorry that this happened to your meowth, but they're going to be alright, please relax a moment and wait right here."
Finn takes another deeper breath, double check nobody has come by, and meekly ask the girl "you dont happen to have Meowths pokeball on hand do you?"
Then will no other alternative, Finn prepares to attempt to rescue the Meowth himself.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Finn turns to her, a little shocked, "uuhhh, I'm sorry? wha- I-I don't"
Finn starts to turn to leave, paranoid about what she's actually using the information for.
As Finn goes to leave he stops himself and thinks "no, I'm in a new place, I should.... try"
Finn will turn around, now facing towards the woman, and begin walking towards her, ready to answer any and all questions.
Finn will walk right past her, too scared to talk and too scared to turn around again, now heading the wrong way, he has accepted that his shyness will cause a detour.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pokeball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Runavvay Application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”