ThyLayered1's Whitelist App

ThyLayered1
MC name: ThyLayered1

ThyLayered1's Whitelist App

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: ThyLayered1
Discord Username: TheLayered1#7918
Where did you hear about us: Reddit while searching for Pixelmon RP servers
Tell us a little about yourself: Hello, my name is Gunnar and I’m just a casual Pokemon enjoyer. I’m not into the meta/competitive, but I enjoy the team building and occasional battles.

-Roleplay Questions-

What is roleplaying? Roleplaying is the act of carrying out actions and behaviors of another created individual.

What is meta-gaming? Meta-Gaming is using OOC knowledge to gain an edge on a RP situation. “I heard that someone was robbing my house while in a VC, so I log onto the server and RP right into the room where the thief is to confront them.”

What is power-gaming / god-modding? Using actions and reactions that do not allow your character to fail. Instead of rolling, I just allow my character to perform an extremely hard task and just say I’m able to do it.

Power gaming negatively effects multiple characters in a scenario. Say I'm in a group of three and we are racing to the top of a hill. Instead of going though proper rp edicate I just say in one long paragraph that I race to the top and beat everyone. This would not give everyone a chance to rp actions or roll on an outcome.

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon): Retconning is changing preexisting lore to better suit your needs at the current time. “My character received a scar while working on a fishing boat, but later on I think the scar is ugly so I remove it and pretend that part of my lore never existed.”

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? IC are actions currently being performed by the created character like speaking to another character or walking down the road. OOC is what I’m doing as myself that does not have any consequences on my current character's standings.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance) I’ve been playing off and on with Minecraft servers for around 4 years.

-General Character Questions-

Side note: I’m aware that the Lyuskoy region is still a little under-developed lorewise on the forums, so please let me know if I need to change things around. For the city name, I used a generator and set it in a mountainous area. Please let me know if things need to change, I’m not opposed to it!

Full name: Aleksander Kuznetsov

Appearance: Aleksander, Alek for short, stands at five foot, seven inches and around 150 pounds. He has a slightly buff build due to working in miners for the past several years. His hair is golden blond that sits at a length below his ear, he normally has it slicked back and away from his face. His outfit primarily consists of a long sleeve shirt and brown jacket accompanied by long dark pants and boots. Years at work has caused his jack to tear in places, his stitch work does not have the best of looks but keeps the jacket functional. The inside of his jacket is lined with slots for pencils, small notebooks, and other small miscellaneous objects. (I normally use a face claim for my character, see https://www.mensjournal.com/wp-content/ ... &strip=all.)

Personality: Alek has always been someone who fends for himself. While not anti-social by any means, he tends to trust his own actions and abilities more than others. He struggles at teamwork and typically puts more pressure on his partner to step up or move aside. He’s hard headed and at times unreasonable, but also shows compassion and understanding when necessary. Once he drops his guard and is more friendly with others, he becomes a much more open and friendly individual who loves to share in hobbies and passions of life.

Biography: Aleksander was born in the small village of Volobey to the parents of Petya and Lidiya Kuznetsov. The small town was primarily known for the grounds it was founded on, primarily its precious stones and gems that hid deep in the soil and rock of the mountains that sat near. He grew up around Pixelmon most of his childhood, having always been curious but cautious of their existences. If anything, he saw them mostly as workers since the majority of the townsfolk worked alongside a Pixelmon partner in the mines. It was at the age of 15 when Alek took up his tools and began his work, although not directly in the mines. He instead ventured out across the nearby lands in search of new deposits, alongside him was his assigned partner Larvitar. The two of them did not get along at first, Alek mainly kept her in her Pixel ball not wishing for her to slow him down. But very quickly he learned how useful she could be, as hours of work quickly became minutes with her ability to consome the dirt and rocks that lay in his way. While their relationship started off rocky, it smoothed out over time and soon a bond was formed.

Alek spent four years experiencing life on his own as he traveled the mountains and camped. Whether it was the snowy mountaintops, the harsh caverns underground, or the sheer cliff sides, Aleksander survived and adapted. The lands were unforgiving at times, both in nature and in materials. His adventures tended to leave him empty handed, save for a few scraps of ores or an occasional gem. It was clear that his occupation wasn’t long for the village, as soon he was forbidden to continue to waste his time on expeditions. He was given a choice of either continuing his work in the mines of the mountain, or carrying out a much larger expedition to a far away land called Toro. It wasn’t a hard decision, as he quickly began to pack and prepare for the long journey ahead.

Flaws:
-Aleksander is very hard headed, only willing to give in and accept defeat when all is lost.
-He fails to read people at times, emotions not being his strongest suit due to years alone in the wilds.
-He prefers to work alone rather than relying on another, seeing how he has more control over a situation.
-He’s loyal to a fault, once choosing his leader he will stick by their side until the end of his days.
-He isn’t at all book smart, mostly being home schooled on the basics by his parents. Although he has learned much about survival and fending for oneself.

Ambitions:
Aleksander dreams of finding rare and precious stones far greater than what’s known. He doesn’t fully understand the evolution of Pixelmon, but is aware that some evolve by the use of stones. He looks at it as a challenge to find other stones similar to that which is already discovered, and perhaps help the weaker Pixelmon find new evolutions with new stones. He also wishes to share the wealth of a foreign land with his village back home, hoping to bring them new luxuries and opportunities.

Starter Pixelmon: Larvitar

Skin: https://imgur.com/a/b6uixVz

-Open Response Questions-

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

-Aleksander stares at the little girl for a moment, knowing now it was too late to pretend he didn’t notice due to the eye contact. With a small nod, he takes her hand and begins walking towards the tree. “Don’t worry, I help.” He responds calmly in his native accent. He hadn’t decided on how yet, but to him the option of climbing the tree and possibly taking a scratch or two from the scared Meowth seemed like the quickest option.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

-Aleksander cautiously looks to the women as she spoke, already his hope of a quiet and peaceful entry to the region had diminished to nothing due to the entry of this new woman. “Here from Lyuskoy, looking for work and leisure.” He keeps it simple. “No plans on where I go.” He responds, trying to give her what information he could.
Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Re: ThyLayered1's Whitelist App

Aaaaand Accepted! (By Bedtime)
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image

Return to “Accepted Applications”