Eight Hecking YEARS!

Community Discussion, talk about whatever!
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

Eight Hecking YEARS!

Eight years. Eight whole years. That is how long I have been a member of Toro. For reference, Toro is a server that has been around for 9 years. I joined Toro at the end of the month of their first anniversary, and had no clue. I was sixteen years old when I first joined Toro, meaning I'm 24 now. Since then, I've grown and learned a lot, becoming someone I feel proud to be.

When I was sixteen, I was… a really stupid teenager. I made a lot of mistakes over my first couple years here on Toro. But despite that, and despite my being pressured into joining- Toro was a place I quickly fell in love with. There was so much love and heart in the server, even as far back as that. Come October of that year, I applied to be on the Event Team and got myself on Staff. According to the people who interviewed me, I was only being interviewed out of courtesy, and they had no intention of letting me volunteer.

From there I started to work more towards making Toro a better place, at least as best as I could. I worked hard on events, and worked with the rest of staff to help things where I could. I joined App Team for a little while, and eventually was invited to join the newly forming Lore Team. I made friends with the people here, and formed bonds that I think will last a lifetime.

I've seen Toro go through a lot in my time here. I've seen arcs, and changes in management galore. In fact, the only GM that remains from when I first joined is KC. I've seen the server through several updates, changes in systems, changes in rules, and even the change from Skype and Teamspeak over to Discord. Toro's more than just a roleplay community, it's truly my home. The friends I've made here will last me a lifetime, and the memories made here are real.

So- now the big question for me is: what's next? Well- in all honesty, I'm not sure. I'm at the top of my game, but I don't think I've yet reached my peak. I want more. I want to do more. I want to be more. As a person, as a staff member, as a player, and as a friend. I'm far from perfect, and I'll never be perfect. That won't stop me. Toro is my home, as it's become for a lot of you as well- and I hope we all continue to work together to make Toro a place welcome for just about anyone. Here's to another eight years for me.

Return to “Community Discussion”