Aliyah Ikigai - Application

Imazing
MC name: Imazing1

Aliyah Ikigai - Application

-Player Questions-

Minecraft Username: Imazing1
Discord Username: Imazing#0001
Where did you hear about us:
PlanetMinecraft. I was searching Pixelmon servers that look like they have a close community.
Tell us a little about yourself:
I am a producer for an indie video game company. I’ve been playing minecraft since I was in highschool. Pixelmon started my love for pokemon. I am not a big roleplayer at all; however, the pixelmon universe makes me feel like I would really enjoy it.

-Roleplay Questions-

What is roleplaying?:
Roleplaying, to me, is playing the game / interacting with the environment as if you were the character you chose to play.

What is meta-gaming?:
Meta-gaming is using information gained outside of the role-playing - or in character - interactions with the game/people.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?:
Power-gaming is choosing to optimize your character and their traits during a role-playing game. This is generally seen as negative as it removes the fun of challenge that can be associated with role-playing.

-Second definition:
Powergaming or god-modding is purposefully making your character stronger than everyone else to the point where they can just dodge everything, or nothing hurts them. It can also be seen as taking control of the entire role-playing narrative and forcing others to do what they want.

What is retroactive continuity? (retcon):
From my current knowledge, retconning is changing the facts of a cannon story to better suit the author’s needs in future writing regardless of how it contradicts prior plot points.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?:
IC is when you speak and act through the character you chose to role-play as. OOC is when you are talking through your normal, non-fictional, self.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance):
I have only played on a GTAV RP server. Otherwise, I have very little rping experience.

-General Character Questions-
Full name: Aliyah Ikigai

Appearance: Aliyah has light blue, straight hair. Her hair matches her ditto's color and you can find her always picking out light blue things. Aliyah wears a little black dress and white boots, and she will always has her black bow in her hair. Aliyah is quite short herself, which matches the size of her very small ditto. She also carries around her light blue backpack everywhere and always has Plato with her inside. (ooc: if there's a wearable backpack mod).

Personality: Aliyah is fully dedicated to Pokemon, and generally, prefers to be in the company of pokemon rather than humans. She can be quite shy around new people but will open up and become comfortable around friends. However, where she really shines lies in her interaction with her pokemon. She understands their needs and desires better than most, which makes her one of the best breeders! She is also the daughter of two well-studied scientists in Castelia. After growing up within a laboratory, she's gained a lot of her parent's skills- and uses that towards her pokemon breeding and discovery. She is not motivated by money or battling, but instead, to care for pokemon and give them a wonderful home to grow in.

Biography: Aliyah comes from the bustling city known as Castelia City in the Unova region. She is very used to the fast-paced, hustle and bustle of a thriving, busy city. In this city, going outside to catch wild pokemon can be quite rare. In order to go find wild pokemon, one has to leave the comfort of their city and venture out. As a child, Aliyah was very shy and scared of leaving home. This is why She only has 1 pokemon, and her relationship with Plato is the closest you might ever find. After meeting and raising Plato, she found that she has a deep-rooted love of caring for pokemon. She decided to move from the safety of her city to find more pokemon to care for and help, as well as raise more wonderful friends for other people. She comes from a family who doesn’t care for pokemon. None of them have their own pokemon, nor do they care to have any. Her parents are both scientists who have very little interest in the well-being or happiness of Pokemon. What makes her special is my background in science and her love of pokemon. It makes her an exceptional and caring, scientific breeder.

Flaws: Aliyah's flaws stem from the sheltered, scientific life that she came from. She is very awkward and shy around humans, and she tends to avoid human interactions. She often will be found spending time with her pokemon, caring for them, and talking to them. She is not one to shy away from friends, and she will open up and loves to spend time with them, but she does prefer her pokemon.

Ambitions: Aliyah wants to become the best scientific breeder in Toro. She wants to be the person everyone goes to- to get the happiest, and best, pokemon around. She also just wants to be surrounded by baby pokemon all the time. She wants to have a very happy and healthy breeding operation.

Starter Pixelmon:
Ditto (Plato [like playdough])
Shiny - if possible!
Growth: Pygmy
Nature: Gentle
https://imgur.com/ZwmD4Uz

Plato was found by Aliyah in an alleyway near her parent’s laboratory. One night, at the age of 16, she was taking the garbage out and she spotted something light blue in a box next to the bins. It was a pile of goop. Her curious, scientific mind, got the better of her and I poked it very gently. Suddenly, two eyes and a sad smile appeared on the blob of blue goop. Immediately, Aliyah knew what this creature was, and she took it back home without mentioning a thing to her parents. The whole way home, the ditto looked sad and uncared for. She got home, gave it some candy, and provided it with a comfortable bed to lay in. Still, she went to bed that night and the ditto looked unhappy and exhausted.
Morning came and Aliyah woke up feeling a warm, squishy blob next to her chest. Upon opening her blanket, she saw a smiling, content ditto looking back at her. The ditto had decided to cuddle! How could anyone throw out this precious baby ditto?
That night was the first of many nights spent with her best friend, Plato. They went everywhere together, and her parents never found out thanks to Plato’s tiny size and Aliyah's sneaky backpack.
Eventually, Plato became lonely. There were no other pokemon around the house or in the lab. So when Aliyah turned 18, she decided to go off on her own to find more pokemon and help put smiles on their faces. She hopes to find Plato more friends, and maybe even use her scientific knowledge to Breed happier, healthier, pokemon.

Skin:
https://imgur.com/7aVhyKX
https://imgur.com/TTctWjX

-Open Response Questions-
You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Aliyah, startled at the sudden human interaction freezes for a moment, and then silently looks up at the meowth in distress. Creases on her forehead appear as she calls up to the cat, “It’ll be okay little one, we’ll get you down!”. Aliyah then pulls her backpack off and reaches her hand in. A tiny, light blue ditto slithers its way onto her hand. “Plato, can you help out the nice kitty?” Aliyah says to the ever smiley, blue goop while pulling her hand out. Plato makes a cute little gargle noise before heading off in the direction of the tree trunk. Plato looks over at the Meowth and concentrates as hard as their little body can. Slowly, Plato forms into the shape of a standing cat. If it weren't for the soul-seeing smile, and missing gem on its head, one might mistake Plato for the kitty in the tree. Plato makes quick work of the tree trunk, climbing up with ease. Upon reaching the meowth, Plato gives a slight, comforting brush to the cat. Plato gestures to the meowth to follow and grabs the hand of the original cat. Slowly crawling down the tree, and gently pulling the meowth with them. Halfway down the trunk, Aliyah goes to the bottom of the tree, and Plato jumps into her arms, along with the meowth. Smiling, Aliyah turns to the little girl with both cats in her arms. The girl stares at Plato quizically, unnerved by his unwavering smile, and Awkwardly, she says, “Thank you very much… uhm lady and her Meowth? Ditto?” and then takes her normal-looking Meowth from Aliyah's arms and walks away.
After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
As Aliyah walks up to this boisterous woman, her palms start to sweat and she takes off her bookbag and holds it tight. Upon the torrent of questions, Aliyah stumbles out, “I uh, I’m from Castelia. I’m a uh scientist- I mean pokemon breeder.” Aliyah gripes the bag tighter to her face, obscuring it slightly and getting some blue goop on her cheek. The energetic woman then enthusiastically says, “anddd where do you plan to go Aliyah?” She trails off at the end, quizically eyeing the blue goop on Aliyah’s face. Uncomfortable with the close eye, Aliyah tentatively responds, “I didn’t really think that far ahead. I uh… was just hoping to find a nice place to settle down. A good place for me and my pokemon.” Aliyah then gestures to her backpack, then brings it back to her chest. The lady, now more curious as to what could possibly be in the bag, leans in a little to see, but ultimately respects Aliyah’s distance and moves away to say, “Well, Aliyah and her backpack pokemon, you can find a nice place to rest your head in this direction. I hope that you find a comfortable place to plant roots.” The lady points, and Aliyah nods and bids thank you and farewell. Opening the bag a tad, Aliyah talks to Plato, “Onwards to home, my blue best friend.”
ikaro72
MC name: Ikaro72

Re: Aliyah Ikigai - Application

Congratulations! Welcome to Toro!!!

Return to “Accepted Applications”