Application

Jacio14
MC name: jacio14

Application

Player Questions

Minecraft username: Jacio14
Where did you hear about us? I've been recommended to this pokémon RP by a friend of mine "ThatAlex aka the rude jellyfish".
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been a fan of pokémon-themed games for a while now, that and other-world anime. Aside from recently having moved and currently looking for a job, I have all the time in the world to spend on gaming (which I already did..). I'm publicly shy (irl), an autistic furry with a big heart and accepting towards anyone (as long as they're positive to me).
Lastly, I've done D&D before, so I know how to RP and don't get mad over little things. In the end, it's just a game, right? ..right? ..guys..? ...

Roleplay Questions

What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is the creation of a character and the re-enactment of said character in different settings and often with others playing their character, creating a world of unlimited possibilities! One could meet a talking door or accidentally kill their entire squad (more towards D&D sessions now), or "in this case" create a world to revisit, inhabited by pokémon and unique characters.

What is meta-gaming?
Referring to reality or outside knowledge to use said information to your adventage. Ex. One could talk about an unknown creature hidden in a cave, surrounded by continuous electricity. ..and you could just tell your team "Welp, time to find a Moltress, eyy" and ruïn the experience.

What is power-gaming/godmodding?
This I honestly did not know the term of, but it's a known annoyance for any D&D session.
It's progressing the story by yourself and choosing the outcome as if you were the only one playing. It'll ruïn the experience for everone else, and in my usual D&D case, would also ruïn the story or the fun of the dungeon-master (or in this case the event-manager).

What is retro-active continuity?
It's changing your character on the spot to "probably" gain an adventage or just come out better. One could make a character and afterwards add how they have a past of beating a famous trainer or are secretly rich.
However, it's nice to read that one could add to their backstory after character creation. Sometimes you don't think about those small details when creating on the spot.

What is the difference between in-character and out-of-chracter?
Out of my head: When in-character, anyone you talk to or anything you do is done from the perspective of the character you're roleplaying. When out of character, I call those moments where you drop the act to do irl things, like having to open your door to accept takeaway or having some technical issues .. or sometimes even starting a general conversation (like how I might talk to Alex once in a while about TemTem .. since we both play it). This last example, if done, won't happen if more players are present. It's a mere example of what could happen.

Do you have any experience...? I'll cut it off there. Server.. kinda. I loved the region-themed pokémon servers, but never RP'd on them. Actual RP experiences, however, were obtained from multiple dungeons and dragons sessions (once as DM replacement, but it wasn't too spectacular of a story I came up with)..

General Character Questions

Full name: Jacio Liru

Appearance: 1 meter and 68.4cm, slightly skinny, average Unovan skincolor, light brown hair and green eyes. He loves tiger patterns and the color red, hence his appearance in a brown jacket, orange shirt underneath and a red cap. If he's not wearing shorts, he's rocking light brown pants or jeans (in this case). His usual footwear are sandals or open shoes. A zipperless yellow backpack is present on his back throughout his travels.

Personality/Biography:
Jacio is a shy boy from the Unova region who rarely got out of the house and didn't get many friends. His parents were over-protective and decided to keep him from traveling the world. On his 16th birthday, he asked his parents to become a pokémon trainer, which his parents declined. "All you have to focus on is your studies, becoming a trainer isn't a future for our child!"
That same night, Jacio packed his yellow backpack with some spare supplies, enough food and money for the road and his favorite pokémon, his riolu, and ran away from home.
His only option was to get as far away as possible so his parents wouldn't find him and lock him up till he were 30! This was enough to scare the boy onto a ship with a destiny yet unknown to him: The Toro region!

-I felt like combining these two subjects into one for a better flow of his biography. If that wasn't enough for his personality, here's something extra:
He has a timid nature, but can stay calm, collected and thinks things through. Once he starts something, he'll work on it till it's done. He's also too trustworthy and may get himself into trouble due to it.
His main motivation is to work together with pokémon and catch/befriend them all. He will always put his mons above himself!

Flaws: As explained in the previous line, he can be too trustworthy, gets scared easily through his timid nature and puts most of his focus towards his pokémon instead of himself.
He's also a slow decision maker.

ambitions: Due to the lack of nature and pokémon in his old life, he now seeks them both out. His goal is to catch/befriend as many pokémon as he can and share his discoveries with the world!

Skin: https://skinmc.net/en/profiles?search=jacio14
I used to run a riolu, shiny riolu and pokémon trainer skin in the past, so here's that same, but edited skin of my old trainer character.

Open Response Questions

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

"I've never been a fan of big crowds, but I'm starting to run out of food", Jacio thought. Suddenly a young girl ran up to me, crying: "Sir, please help me! My meowth's gotten stuck in that tree over there!". She pointed at a nearby tree and pulled a few times on my jacket. "Ofcourse, not a problem! Lead the way." Jacio said slightly flustered, as he followed the girl towards the tree.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Jacio was startled by the sudden interaction, not expecting the encounter. Jacio responded defensively "Exc-cuse me, but ehm.. why exactly would you like to know this? Just wondering ofcourse.." hoping to avoid answering her questioning. Who knows, Jacio's parents might've put a bounty on his safe return.. or at least that's what his overreacting mind was thinking of.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Jacio, startled by this act, defensively took a step back. Jacio's Riolu now in the front, not scared to protect his friend from a foe, jumped in front of Jacio and took a defensive pose.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: Application

Welcome! I appreciate your answers to our roleplay questions especially ^^ thanks for your patience!
When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability ( if you want one of these, you're best with asking around )
I'll also let you know, since it's easy to miss but! We do level the playing field a little bit and provide Max IVs / near Max IVs for Hidden Powers - though people still need to breed if they want specific stats ( like 0 atk ) and for the rest :3 ! There's a NPC to do that in our Battle Tower!

But outside of all that WELCOME! The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and
You can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info! You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns.
^^ I recommend giving the New Player Guidea read~

Return to “Accepted Applications”