(ET-Application) PrimalMudkip

PrimalMudkip
MC name: PrimalMudkip

(ET-Application) PrimalMudkip

Preferred Name: Mudkip / Austin.
MC Username: PrimalMudkip.
Time Zone: EST.
Number of hours available: Varies, but typically am always unavailable Sunday/Monday.
How long you have been playing on Toro League: Joined in Oct. 2016 but went on a haitus for about two-three years before rejoining back in Sep. 2020. Since then I've enjoyed actually actively playing and immersing myself with the characters I've been able to get behind.

Why do you want to join Event Team?: I've been told they need people and would like to lend whatever help I can, especially as smaller roles for events led by others to give more players a chance to interact with events in various ways.
Do you have any past experiences of any similar positions?: Mainly I've only ever GM'd in medieval fantasy servers or servers primarily revolving around combat, but most of my actual on-server time was spent on a server called Wizry that I joined around 2014 and left their team in 2020 - basically I originally joined way back as a kiddo and stayed on the team doing work as a passion project for the growing community. Over that time I did just about everything from building to events and administration to eventually learning minor plug-in work from our technician although I'd hardly consider that too much of note. Mainly I ran the lore and eventside of things. I've done other minor servers mostly for friends and smaller subcommunities sprang from the prior larger server, essentially the same stuff.
What can you bring to this team?: I'm a pretty quick learner and self-sufficient, when I worked on the previously mentioned server I ran the team so whatever they didn't know, and I didn't know, I'd have to then learn and be able to explain it. I like to do things myself and constantly pick up on whatever I don't know - I like to think of it like a puzzle to figure out most of the time. Ideally I'd like to do writing/event acting/planning but if necessary I can try my hand at building again though I've never dealt with building on any modded servers. Most of the detailwork I've been accustomed to came from larger scale projects or making the most out of tight spaces with vanilla blocks (I also have a heavy medieval architecture theme I'm comfortable with).
Examples:
On a medieval project I worked on with my previous Head-GM we wrote lore for various regions in our fictional world. The following is by far my favorite I've ever written, a religious Queenship complete with cities, historical figures (NPCs), and background fluff: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RWw ... sp=sharing

This project took a while to create and underwent a few reforms over it's course. It's essentially a nordic-themed settlement that I and two others created (I can send the map file if wanted, I kept it for nostalgia <3):
https://imgur.com/a/qElrltj

I can give more lore docs if anyone wants to see some of the other work I've done but I just figured I'd show what I'm most proud of up front

What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?: I'm not the most free person in the world, and I tend to try and solve problems myself rather than asking others first which will likely be a bit of a learning curve I have to get over given the last team I was a part of I led for a while.

Have you ran or helped with any Toro events before?: Nope!
Have you helped with any other parts of the event process?: Nope!
Are you capable of running or helping in events with a higher number of players?: Yep, I can work with any number. I don't think I've seen an amount on that surpassed some of the bigger war or combat events I've ran in the past.
Are you capable of running combat-oriented events?: Yep!

Now, create an event and write at least a one paragraph summary. Then, complete the following questions:
Undercover, Under Cover!

While away from Toro our young friend comes across a bustling marketplace teeming with energy and faces all bright and focused forward on their own lives. Amidst the hustle however a man seems to be looking around quite feverishly before locking eyes with the player, immediately motioning them over.

"H-hey! Oop!", the man seemed quite excitable, immediately hushing themselves and inching closer before a badge was produced. Sparkling and pristine, as if brand new it identified them as a Kalos undercover detective: Agent D-. "Listen.... I need your help with a case. Y'see that man over there. I've been tipped off that he's been selling illegal gems and contraband.", just as soon as it was shown the badge was quickly tucked away as if the man was wary of even showing it to begin with!

The player seems skeptical but decides to indulge them. They're motioned into cover behind another nearby cart to which the proprietor simply rolls their eyes at the two.

"... mmhm. Positively villanous.", the man squints intently as the supposed culprit was seen wrapping and bagging up what appeared to be a necklace of sorts to a kindly elderly woman who waved and departed on her way. "OH- SHHHH! youtalktooloud. look. look!", suddenly the player would be yanked into a pull and cheeks squished into viewing at a direction.

Another young man stepped into the fray adorned in a trench coat and tophat in what can only be described as a stroke of unfortunate circumstances. In terms. They looked dastardly dapper. The vendor gazed left, then right, before reaching underneath the cart and producing a wrapped and gleaming object. Money would be exchanged along with the stone, and the man would go walking.

"You've got an important job to play here kid... I need you to distract him, try and woo him away from the cart or at least keep him occupied enough for me to confirm the illegal stuff and BAG HIM-! SHHHH!", despite being the source of the sounds, he'd once again yank the player down and insist they were making a scene.

Likely annoyed by the antics of the undercover cop but amused by their personality, they make their way to the vendor attempting to aid in what they could only assume was an exciting opportunity to take down this EVIL seller of wares.

Upon approaching the stand they could note their accomplice giving a thumbs-up and circling around, the vendor perking up at the new customer as they slammed their hands down on the cart with a 'THUD'. Boisterous was their tone, an initial word or two loud enough to vibrate through their chest as they proudly proclaimed: "WELCOME! Welcome, coming from afar or returning home friend?! AHAHA no matter! Tell me, buying or selling?"

One would likely perk an eyebrow upon looking about, certainly this man didn't seem the type to be either a smuggler nor a tradesman of no-no products. Afterall, first and foremost he had his name plastered on the hand-carved wood cart along with what one could only assume was a family picture. And yet, the player obliged. They would woo the man away from his cart to view X brought with them from Toro! Wow!

All the while from the corner of their eye they could catch various glimpses of the undercover cop, working tirelessly to sneak behind and do what he could with the cart. Odd enough, they could hear the faint 'click' of a lock. Even more, the second click of a Pokeball.

Next they would look, the player would be caught up in despair joined only by the vendor. The cart doors in the back were empty, and in the distance they say the same pearly white smile that drew them in in the first place as the 'undercover cop' was seen rounding a distant corner with a hefty bag of loot.

-----------

The general outline of this particular event would be a traveling player unfortunately swindled by a thief and made an accomplice to a robbery. While caught, they would need to plead their innocence naming possible friends from back home to give a character statement - of which regardless of if they were given a positive or negative would be given a varying range of trust to then prove their innocence by catching the real thief. Mainly non-combat investigative fun with goofy elements. Props needed would likely be the stolen goods in the form of an item with lore, the respective stands for a convincing environment and implemented with commands/builds.

-----------

Kalos Detective, Agent D--! (Real Name: Dorian Gray)
A bubbly fellow with a beaming white smile and energy that comes off as warm and friendly, Dorian is a known pickpocket and thief with repeat offenses in the Kalos region. To those who know him know better than to trust him with even their hat while tying their shoes, he typically is known to target foriegners and tourists for his famed schemes. Despite his nature as a rapscalion and neerdoell he is not entirely a bad man, never being charged for a violent crime. Simply born to unfortunately circumstances as an orphan and in the lower-class, he only commits crimes due to a general boredness and refusal to commit himself to hardwork.

-----------

Return to “Inactive Applications”