In-Character GM: Monopoly Form OLD

Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

In-Character GM: Monopoly Form OLD

Does your character own a business? Or perhaps they make money selling stuff on the side of the street?

Well, this to help people earn revenue that would otherwise not be coming in. We created this type of ICGM to allow for those businesses that run more for RP purposes than ones who have OOC shops to make money. For example, many of the bars within Toro have provided a good sum of RP but do not OOCly have money coming in to support their employees and rent. With this form, it will solve the problem and allow for businesses to bring in money!

If your character is working as an employee at another character’s business, or an NPC-run establishment, your employer should have your employee form covered! If you are still not able to get your paycheck after a few days then open a ticket in the Discord, or if you're not in the Discord then contact a staff member when you see them on.

ICGM-M Form
Please fill out the second half multiple times if you own multiple establishments rather than combining them in one form and giving a total.

Code: Select all

MC Username: 
Character Name: 
How long have you been RPing with us: 

Name of Place of Business: 
What type of Business: 
How much per season do you want your business to make: 
Why do you feel this is a reasonable amount?: 
Notably, the larger the amount you ask for then the better the reason should be! Keep in mind costs for purely IC things rather than OOC factors, as roleplay is what it’s really about! If your character has little business experience, multiple businesses, then they might have to ICly hire someone to help. With this being Toro though we’re a lot more lenient with it- we even help you pay employees!

This whole form is to encourage roleplay and push you to do that rather than have to find money elsewhere and won’t force you to wait weeks before getting profit. In fact, by filling it out you can get help paying for employees even! You can always ask for more later on, especially as your business becomes more established.

How much should I be making from my business?
This is a general idea of what I’ll be keeping in mind and trying to give based on the business!

[1-4kP] is for businesses that: can and will make money off of OOC actions, provide little to no roleplay opportunities, and/or otherwise are small side things that would have little profit.
[5-6kP] is common for new and/or smaller businesses!
[7kP] is the average amount for a decently established business.
[8kP] is generally saved for established businesses that have OOC work put into them to keep them running or provide RP.
[9kP+] is generally saved for older, established businesses that had been known for providing lots of constant roleplay through events and such.

ICGM-M Tips
• I don't necessarily base what I give off what would make sense in terms of OOC mathematics ('I can make this much if I do X actions!', but RP value and a few other factors.
• If your business does NOT provide RP or IC opportunities then you shouldn't be asking for a lot if anything- this is to push RP after all! We do not want people making money for nothing! If your business does not provide it yet but begins to later on via jobs or events, feel free to try asking for more again.
• If you're asking for an amount above 6k I recommend having a post in the Business Directory for a better chance, even if it isn't super fancy at least it'll show your business is more established!
• Some pix might be taken away to account for IC costs such as specialized NPC workers or managers- especially in the case where your character has a business they have little experience in, multiple businesses, or little business experience. If you're running multiple businesses, I generally take 2k+ away from everything but your 'main' business.
• If your ICGM-M is a not-for-profit and/or runs many events you might be able to ask for additional help! Contact me on Discord or add additional info in the post and I can keep it in mind. Maybe we can work out something else such as assistance with rent, paying for stuff used in events, or something else!
• Please note IC things that may contribute to such as location, how long it has been around, any marketing that may have been done, etc! I do also try to keep rent prices in mind!

Updating your ICGM-M!

If there you would like to update your business, such as increasing the revenue after becoming more established, feel free to use one of the forms and put it in a response.
Opening another Business?
If your character is opening an additional business in a franchise (such as a second restaurant) feel free to fill out another ICGM-M Form and reply to the thread with it. If your character is opening an additional, completely irrelevant business (a restaurant and then a gym), I would encourage another thread.
Business Update Form

MC Username:
Character Name:
What would you like to change?: 
What is the reason for this change?: 
Business Update Form

Employee Username: 
Employee Character: 
Place of Business: 
What would you like to change?: 
What is the reason for this change?: 
If you lose of any of your businesses, post it in the appropriate ICGM-M thread immediately! You don't have to fill out a form even, just mention you don't have it anymore.
Failure to do may have consequences, especially if you continue to collect paychecks.

Return to “Ic-GM Archives”