Re: Regional Government Grant Applications

RiaLangset
MC name: ItsRia

A small crowd of reporters had gathered around a podium in front of the Aurelia courthouse. Premier Knighton had released news of a minor improvement to Toro's government. Wearing her gray suit, orange shirt, and white tie, she takes to the podium. After gathering her thoughts for a moment, she begins to speak, "Citizens of Toro, I would like to briefly begin by thanking you for once more reelecting me to Premier. Apologies for my delay, but with... recent events so short after the election, I was rather occupied."

She pauses for a moment, clicking her tongue before continuing, "Toro has have several of the most genius, innovative minds in the world. Today, I wish to provide those who desire to take Toro's progress into their own hands the tools to do so. Toro's regional government has amassed quite the surplus of funding. And we continue to do so at a rate of P90,000 per season." There is another pause as she looks to the small collection of reports, stating with more purpose, "And this is simply wrong. This is your money you have given to the government, so that the government may use it in projects that benefit you. We should not overspend, but it is almost criminal for us to collect money without using it. Today, I am giving that money back to you in the form of Government Grants. Simply fill out an application for review. If it is deemed that your project is in the best interests of Toro, the government will be more than happy to send you a paycheck. This is for individuals, towns, organizations, anyone. It's..." She shrugs and laughs lightly, "Just that simple. Tell us who you are, who you work with, what you are doing, and how much you want. ." With that, she nods and steps down from the podium, flicking a peace sign to the group as she walks back off.

For those interested, the following form could be found in the Aurelia courthouse, next to the submission box with all the others:

Code: Select all

Name:

((Minecraft Username: ))

Name of Organization:
(Mark N/A if for individual funding)

Project Title:

Project Description:
(Also include a brief description of how Toro will benefit from this project)

Requested Resources:
(This includes money, land, buildings, material goods, labor, etc.)

Seasonal or Single:

If requesting money, estimated Budget Breakdown:
--- OOC Line ---
If there are any questions, feel free to ask me in PMs or by posting an OOC response to this. Have a nice day!

Professor Ishiin looked between the ledgers, with an annoyed sigh. Aides were paid as they always were, and new trainers were entering Toro fully prepared with information and items, but the woman was getting worn out. The city paid for such things, and their budget was getting stretched with the cost of construction, maitenence, and occasional repair when some giant thing of evil decides to literally blow up in your city and just make some unholy sticky mess. At this rate, cuts would have to be made, or she would somehow have to just keep writing more and more for other parties for payment.

The woman glanced up as Anubis made his way back from Aurelia. "Aye va, deposited the rent?" She asked them. Ishiin nodded content when she heard his answer swirling within her mind. "Good, good...what be that in your hand?" She would then ask. The aged Zoroark beamed and happily handed her the form that he brought back with him. He curled up by his trainer's side and rested his chin in her lap as he told her of the recent announcement.

The two would talk about it only briefly. The Professor never enjoyed asking for help. She considered it as a defeat to do so. However, Anubis would be one of the three beings in her life that can ever get past her stubbornness, and he did just that. The form was filled out in the usual textbook-like handwriting that the Professor was known for, and submitted first thing in the morning.

Macecurb
MC name: Ecurbmac

((Completely forgot to post this.))

Name: Stanley L. Kiesin

((Minecraft Username: Macecurb))

Name of Organization: None official yet. Tentatively "Central Toro Pixelmon Shelter".

Project Title: Central Toro Pixelmon Shelter

Project Description: The project, as indicated by the name, is intended to create and maintain, mostly through private donations, a pixelmon preserve and shelter in central Toro. At present, all that is required is a grant of land from the government. Specifically, we are asking for use of the fenced-off plot north of Ferrite, just to the east of the desert.

After preliminary discussions with Professor Ishiin, we believe the region will benefit from the presence of a facility meant to nurture and care for pixelmon that are, for whatever reason, incapable of returning to the wild. This might include endangered species, crippled or domesticated individuals, and, should the need ever arise, legendaries. The goal of the facility, tentatively headed by Lana Kiesin, will primarily be to enable such pixelmon, through therapy, medicine and reconditioning, to be released back into the wild.

The facility will otherwise, for the forseeable future, be funded through private donations.

Requested Funding: 1x Plot of Land (Fenced off lot north of Ferrite, just east of the Desert).

Seasonal or Sum: N/A

Estimated Budget Breakdown: N/A
kcband36
MC name: kcband36

Name: Vincent LeGrand

((Minecraft Username: Kcband36 ))

Name of Organization: Ferrite Scientific Studies, or N/A

Project Title: Toro Flying Type Habitats.

Project Description: Many know that I majored in Pixelmon Sciences, more specifically Pixelmon Migration Patterns and Habitats. Thus I want to keep expanding my projects and horizons dealing with said topic to making a small park in the north that will also host nests for a variety of flying types. This will bring in more wildlife for Toro but also bring in some more people into nature and explore it's wonders! While this will mainly benefit pixelmon, I also want to use this Flying Type filled park to bring awareness to this sky high type of pixelmon.

Requested Resources: I am requesting to use land as shown in the blue print included with this application. As for building and construction I have more than enough funds to build the required facility, the only major building that will be in this park is a Tin Tower look alike. Tin Tower is a famous Johto tower that pays homage to Ho-Oh.

Seasonal or Single: Single

If requesting money, estimated Budget Breakdown: How ever much the land is? :) [!] An actual smiley face is drawn next to that message.

Map: http://prntscr.com/9w6p7n
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

A plain letter marking the seal of the Toro government was returned to Vincent.

"Grant approved. The land price will be deducted by 100% to 0 Pix. The transfer of property has been made to Vincent LeGrand as of Spring 16, 1033."
courteney14
MC name: courteney14

Name: Rose Lilium (courteney14)

Name of Organization: N/A

Project Title: (Joltik) Shrine Restoration

Project Description:
The project is less so to benefit the people of Toro, more so to benefit the eggs, Joltik's and Galvantula's that now reside within and around the shrine. Despite the Shrine's initial purpose, it is now home to these Pixelmon, and as such, I believe that it should be kept in a condition that is safe for the Pixelmon that live there, and even people, who visit there for peace.
The years which it has been standing for have not treated it in the kindest of manners. The natural damage, (heavy rain and storms, snowy storms, heatwaves, etc.) has created as much damage as Pixelmon, which live there or attack it, to the humans, who visit there for whatever purposes. Due to all of this, the Shrine is severely deteriorated and it could easily fall apart if not restored.

Requested Resources:
Permission to restore, and maintain, the Shrine to an undamaged and safe state that is beneficial to people and Pixelmon alike.

Seasonal or Single: Single

Estimated Budget Breakdown: -
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

A plain letter marking the seal of the Toro government was returned to Rose.

"Request approved. This could have been requested in person, since you're requesting permission, and not requesting money or land. We'll have all fhe paperwork in order and you may begin on Summer 15, 1034."

Return to “Government Applications”