marth_is_awesome's Event Team Builder Application

Marth
MC name: marth_is_awesome

marth_is_awesome's Event Team Builder Application

RP Name: Ziti_Reginelle

MC Username: marth_is_awesome

What we should call you: Marth, morth, marthy, morty… etc. anything vaguely similar to marth really.

Time Zone: EST

Number of hours available: A couple each night, though some nights I may have more stuff to do and might not have any time. Homework and all, y'know. Most nights though, a few hours at least! (3-4) Also, holidays are, as usual, much more active. Weekends are sort of weird, as I usually spend extra time with my family around the weekends. It really varies, but I'll do my best to get on at least a bit.

Are you in any positions in-game? (ie shopowner, gym leader, team leader, etc): Nope, just a lazy kid IC currently. (I won't be a lazy kid when building, promise)

Why do you want to be an Event Team Builder?
I want to be an event team builder so I can create neat little things around the map for people to enjoy and explore. I've always loved doing this sort of thing and since this is explicitly put as an example of something that the job requires you to do, well… it seemed like a good fit. I enjoy building and using decocraft is especially fun, and this seems like a fun way to contribute a little something extra to the server.

What can you bring to the Event team as a builder?
I have a solid background in building with out decocraft, bibliocraft, or any similar extra decoration mods, so I'm confident that I can make things that look extra good—a quality base build with lots of interesting décor as well. I've tried to display this in my past experience examples, with a number of builds that aren't using any modded items, as well as one with modded items I built recently to get a good feel for using them. I'm always ready to work if I have time, and will be enthusisastic about building and creating little places for players to explore. I'm happy to work with other people, or alone.

What is one weakness in yourself that might hinder your ability to work on this team?
One weakness I can see possibly hindering my abilities on the team is that I'm not super used to decocraft or the other modded blocks yet. Of course, I can only improve, but as of now I don't have too much experience so the builds may not be as good as they could. Also, with my weekend timing being a little off a lot of the time, the weekend events may be hard to attend for me, so any building I do might have to be at a different time than most.

With Event team powers, what is one example of an event build you would create? The event can be an original or from someone else’s event team application.
A play! Of course, this sort of event would be very centered around the event characters and actors, however, that sort of thing I'd leave up to the more story centric people on the event team. However, what's a play without good props? For the play we could have either a series of stages which would require the players moving down a path to see the various acts (it could be a lovely forest path, or perhaps a short minecart ride. Alternatively, the play could have brief intermissions while curtains (made of gravel, possibly?) fall, and the helpers break the backgrounds to show the ones behind them. The first option is more likely and a better idea overall though, since it has less likelyhood to be messed up, and allows for more custom of backdrops, with more props scattered along the stage. Modded items would be great to use as props, and seating could be placed a short distance from the stage in such a way that everyone can see well. The stage itself would be a large half cylinder, where big, thick wool curtains fall from the sides, and lots of pretty lamps shine spotlights on the action from above. The floor would be a dark wood to draw attention to the brightly suited actors better, or alternatively a color/material which fits with the scene. It would all be very customizable, based on the play itself.

Previous experiences (Please provide screen shots of your work):
The first album was from an application to be a builder and actor on another server (long since shut down), and I wasn't accepted as a builder there, but only because my style didn't fit with the server's. I was offered training for that style however, which I gladly accepted. (Sorry for this link, not sure why it came out so long, heh): https://imgur.com/EKTiTJN,B9fDvng,jDGTu ... 04,MtGGT84 (Note: The big castle exterior was built with help from a friend, Zai (Known as Zaiii in game)
This was something I built recently to get a feel for the modded items. The interior, in retrospect, looks sort of empty in places, but I was a bit overwhelmed by all the items—I'm sure that as I get a handle on the new stuff it'll improve! http://imgur.com/a/ZTwzs

Other comments: The fire in the little cottage isn't on because it was previously and burned down part of the house (so I had to rebuild it); Didn't want to risk it again!
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: marth_is_awesome's Event Team Builder Application

uh, yes hello. I lost my accepted gif somewhere, but congratulations. edit: you're a builder now, kiddo

Return to “Accepted Applications”