Time Zone:
GMT-4 or -5, aka EST

Number of hours available:
Many

RP Name:
Dot

RP Age:
21 or 22

Are you in any leadership positions in-game?
Aside the self-established Team Blue, no.

Define meta-gaming, and give two examples.
Using OOC knowledge to make IC decisions. Or using IC actions against someone OOC.
Example 1: Dot and Jay are getting married! Someone says in an ooc venue - ooc chat or skype, that the players must be in love as well.
Example 2: Someone looks at the Dynmap to see where other players are, and goes there.

Define power-gaming, and give two examples.
Forcing the results of RP.
Example 1: Dot sees someone, and instantly commands Jude to crush them. She doesn't allow any time to react.
Example 2: Dot is being attacked by someone, she's able to dodge every single attack.

Explain the difference between IC and OOC.
IC is in character, this is what a character can/will do in the setting of the story, in this instance Toro.
OOC is the player.
IC is what a character does OOC is what the player does.

What can you bring to the Actors team?
I have a lot of creativity, imagination, teamworkability (is this even a word?), and time.
I can play a variety of characters in a variety of settings.

What is one weakness in yourself that might hinder your ability to work on this team?
I tend to have sporadic needs to be afk for various lengths of time.

Create one unique idea for an Event you would like to create and be a part of as an Event Actor. Minimum of two paragraphs, specifically including information about event-only characters
Rap Rap Rap, there's a gentle knock at the front door.
"Zzzzz" the occupant still sleeps. The studio apartment has the bed situated somewhat near the door.
Rap Rap Rap, the knock happens again, this time a bit more soundly.
"Mmm?" a tired voice huffs, being awoken from sleep.
Rap Rap Rap, knocks continue on the door is the same rhythmic triple pattern.
A sigh "Okay okay... I'm coming." A pair of pajama pants is slid and stumbles towards the door.
It's around 3 am, so a visitor would be a peculiar thing but clearly, Rap Rap Rap, someone's there.
The doorknob is grasped, in the distance a houndoor's howl can be heard. "Hello? Who's there?"
Rap Rap Rap, a knocking at the door is the only response.
"Listen, I have a big Pixelmon in here. Huge! If you don't leave me alone you'll be in big trouble." The door is held shut, speaking through it.
Rap Rap Rap, it persists, not increasing in volume or frequency.
"I don't have any more, if you're here to rob me I have nothing."
Rap Rap Rap, it almost sounds as if something soft is being beaten against the door. Possibly something covered in fur? Or flesh. . .
"It's three am... come back tomorrow okay? I wanna go back to bed." An eye peers through the peephole, to see what's knocking. A noticable absence can be viwed.
Rap Rap Rap, desipte the absence the knocking continues.
"Fine. Fine! You win. I'm going to open the door." The voice somewhat unsure.
Rap Rap Rap, the knocking seems sure.
"Who's there?!" The door is flung open.
T'was a murkrow and nothing more. It looks up at the occupant, squaks, and flies away through an open window.

Previous experiences:
I've played as event team lead for Apex in Startbound Serenity.
Created various IC events in Hollow World, minecraft rp.

Other comments or concerns:
I'd like to be a part of the team!
Last edited by mucus on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atonofkittys
MC name: a_ton_of_kittys

Re: mucus's ETA app

Hello, bones covered in mucus! Thank ya for wanting to be an ET-A and helping out. All of your questions have been answered correctly, albeit with few words, but that's not necessarily a bad thing! The only issue with your app is the event is lacking. It's very similar to Pack's, so I hope you don't mind if I put the same information here that I did for his.

I want a good bit of detail, including information about the character you're acting as, what they look and sound like, and not just a generalization of different points in the event. Write out a mini-event, something that you'd do kinda on-the-fly after asking about in in Event chat. Make sure, again, you're including everything you will need about the character - looks, personality - then talk me through the event - how you're going to start it, how the character will react and move the players through the mini-event, including dialogue and action, any possible twists and turns that may happen during the event based on players' reactions to what your character is doing, making sure to add as much detail and writing that you can. Really milk it and sell the event to me!

ET-As are important, and I need to know you can create and understand the process that goes into being an actor. It's not simply being assigned a role and performing it like you're told to. We encourage actors to create mini-events and keep players entertained when nothing else is going on. Having a plan, keeping organized, and knowing the character you're acting as are all huge parts of this process.

All of this being said, I'm gonna go ahead and get you on the server sometime for your RP test. During the time until then, I want you to revise your event using the information I've just told you. Look back on past ET-A apps or even the ET-C apps if you're feeling ambitious. After all that is done, I'll look back over it and make my decision. Remember, there is no such thing as too much detail or too much writing! c:
atonofkittys
MC name: a_ton_of_kittys

Re: mucus's ETA app

Okay! *drum roll* You're a really great RP-er. The plots you've been helping create and participate in have been really cool and intricate, and I trust you'll do a great job being an actor. This ET-A application has been...

Return to “Accepted Applications”