HixPix's Application Made With Love

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
HixPix
MC name: HixPix

HixPix's Application Made With Love

(Please Accept)
—Player Questions—

Minecraft Username: HixPix

Where did you hear about us: I found this server when I looked up ‘Roleplay Pixelmon Servers’. I really love Pixelmon and Roleplaying!

Tell us a little about yourself: I am a tall asian guy that still likes pokemon, pixelmon, and minecraft. I am quiet at times, but caring and love a lot of things. I am mostly happy but you wouldn’t like seeing me mad. I also have a really strong OCD.

—Roleplay Questions—

What is roleplaying?: Role-playing is the changing of one's behaviour to assume a role, either unconsciously to fill a social role, or consciously to act out an adopted role.

What is meta-gaming in your own words?: Meta-gaming is when you use your own knowledge to make actions for your character.

What is power-gaming in your own words?: When focused on a specific goal in a game and making a lot of progress towards it.

What is retroactive continuity in your own words?: In a RetCon, all facts in fiction are contradicted or ignored.

What is a Mary Sue in your own words?: Mary Sue is a normal name for any fictional character.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?: It's when you are a fictional character and pick what he would pick and out of character is when you would pick what you would.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?: Yes. I loved roleplaying since I was 12, and I still love the feeling you are a different person. I love stepping out of the real world and going into a better world for a couple of hours.

—General Character Questions—

Full Name: Surge Smith

Personality: Surge is a quiet person with lots of feelings. He is easily loved and likes to be loved. He is very dramatic but still quiet. He fears a lot of things too. He never lets people know his deepest, darkest, secrets! He is fearing that his father will also die in a tragic accident while studying fossils and that makes him shiver every night.He misses his mother and softly cries each night thinking about her. He also fears that his best friend Shieldon will die during a battle, and if that happens he will be devastated. He really loves his Shieldon, so he will defend him from anything. He is yearning for his mother to somehow come back but she won't. That makes him angry deep inside. He is mostly quiet until you get to know him and then he is really fun to be with.

Appearance: Surge Smith is a young 18 year old boy. Surge has charcoal black hair, and dark brown eyes with a serious face. He is tall. He also has long slender fingers with long legs. His haircut is a very bushy messy glob of hair. He has some acne. He usually doesn't wear a hat, but he sometimes does. He wears a steampunk suit reminding him of his mother. He has a symbol on his back that he doesn't know what is means but tends to want to find out. He has a curved nose with a sharp tip. He also has dimples when he smiles.

Bio: Young boy Surge is looking for an adventure with his pal, Shieldon. He started loving steel types ever since he was an infant. He overlooked at all the picture books there were about steel types. Once he got a Shieldon, everything changed for him. He obtained Shieldon from his father, an Archeologist. Surge has grown Shieldon since he was 6. Surge is from the Johto Region, specifically Olivine City. Surge earned the mineral badge from Jasmine when he was 16 years old. Once he was 18, Surge came to Toro League to explore his interests like catching and cataloging steel type pokemon and becoming an expert in steel types. He came to Toro to train to get stronger and better every day so he can work up his way to the Legendary pokemon: Dialga.

Flaws: He is very quiet at times, and in a very vulnerable state from his mother's death. He hates mean and bad people, so if he sees a grunt from any team, he will try to eliminate them. Every battle, he worries about his Shieldon and what will happen to him. But nothing ever does because Shieldon and Surge are an unstoppable team!

Ambitions: Surge, now that he is 18, is going on an adventure to catalog and catch every steel type pokemon. He will also try to make the world a better place by eliminating all the evil teams from the world.

Starter Pixelmon: Shieldon (Ginormous) & (Quiet) & (Male)

Skin: http://minecraft.novaskin.me/skin/4848801160364032/1950

—Open Response Questions—

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Surge stops walking and turns to the girl. His face was calm but determined to get that little girls Meowth. He grabs her shoulder gently and tells her, "Everything is going to be okay.." A saying his mother used to say when she was alive. She suddenly stopped crying, wiped her tears, and nodded. Surge walked to the tree and grabbed a pokeball from his satchel. He pressed the button on the pokeball and took out his buddy Shieldon. He nodded at Shieldon and Shieldon understood. Shieldon head butted the tree and meowth fell out of the tree. Meowth fell on his feet, since he is a cat, and he yawned. "Meowth!" the little girl yelled. She ran up to him and hugged him. Before she could thank Surge he was long gone on his way.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Surge took a stance and kept his feet planted to the ground. He had a serious look on his face and wiped the dirt off his face. He took out the pokeball from his satchel and took out Shieldon. "Ha! A Shieldon! This is going to be easy! Rattata use tackle!" Rattata tried to use tackle on Shieldon, but Shieldon jumped up and over Rattata. "Shieldon! Use tackle!" Shieldon tackled the Rattata down and Rattata looked very damaged. "Rattata, can you still battle?" the trainer asked. Rattata growled. "Great! Now use tackle once more!" Surge nodded and Shieldon understood. Shieldon went head first into Rattata before Rattata attacked and knocked the Rattata out. The trainer retrieved the Rattata and exclaimed, "Nice battle! See you later!" He walked away as Surge walked away too.
Last edited by HixPix on Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.
HixPix

Re: HixPix's Application Made With Love

Please go easy one me.. Im not good wit apps
Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

Alright, we talked a lil on the discord so.. let's dive right into it!

-For your personality, appearance, and biography, while you do technically have a full paragraph for each section... the paragraphs are a fairly bare-bones and there is a fair bit that you could expand upon in each section to flesh your character some more detail.

-For your personality, could you detail what some of his deepest, darkest secrets are? Also, saying he 'fears a lot of things' is fairly vague, and you could certainly expand upon that by detailing what some of his fears are too.

-For your appearance, you mention that he has a serious face twice, as well as mention a personality trait that should be in the personality section.

-For your biography, the whole thing in truth, needs a bit of an overhaul. What region did he come from? Why did he choose to come to Toro? Why does he love steel types? Also, I feel that "He hates bad people and will try to eliminate them" is a fairly vague trait that doesn't belong in the biography section, and should be moved to personality.

-Your flaws could be a bit expanded upon too, such as adding some of those fears that you mentioned he has.

-For both of your open response questions, I... probably need you to expand more on both of those as well. Also, I do not think I can accept the use of fissure in this scenario, from your starter pokemon that will be lv 5. So I'm afraid I'll need to ask you to rewrite the your response to that scenario.
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image
HixPix

I fixed it! :D
Skolarr
MC name: Skolarr

A little better overall, but we're not quite there yet.

-Your appearance is still very bare-bones. You could describe your characters attire or what style his hair is. As an addendum, the company your character keeps is not a physical characteristic.

-For your biography... unfortunately, there isn't much your character can do with Dialga. In our lore, legendary pokemon such as Dialga are considered Gods, and encountering one is much akin to a miracle.

-For your open response questions, a lot of them are still fairly bare bones. These questions exist so you can show us your ability as an RPer, and how you would RP out different scenarios. So, treat these questions like you're in an actual RP with someone! Also, its very unlikely that a headbutt could damage a building in the way you described, let alone inflict damage to a specific target in the way you desired.

And finally, I'm worried about if Toro is going to be the right fit for you

Firstly, this server focuses on serious roleplay so there's a substantial amount of reading and writing. Communication and working as a community is heavily stressed too, which is made a lot harder with issues that might arise from issues with either. We're fine with English not being the best, but it is VERY important that we see people trying their best with both spelling and grammar / punctuation for the application process (and afterwards of course)!

If you’re seeking a RPG Pixelmon server where you can build freely, make your own Pokéballs, craft your own rare candies, or catch legendary Pokémon than we wish you luck on your continued search for a Pixelmon server because this community just isn’t about that. There's plenty that are though!

If you're still interested then we can talk, but I wanted to let you know before you've put too much more time into it and find out it's possibly not for you!
Image Keep on Necrodancin'!Image
HixPix

I'm finally done!

Return to “Inactive Applications”