RoyalRosie's application

RoyalRosie
MC name: RoyalTRosie

RoyalRosie's application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: RoyalTRose
Where did you hear about us: I was looking around for new RP's to join and figured pixelmon is popular enough to spark an RP community.
Tell us a little about yourself: I’ve been voice/text rping for two years now, I started back on Minecraft with old medieval-styled RP's before moving to Ark. Since then, I have spread my experiences to many different games and genres of RP's and figured Pokemon would be a great experience.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Is when you actively place yourself in the mindset of someone within another world or environment and go about your days as that character while in the world.
What is meta-gaming? Metagaming is using information obtained in discord or other means within the RP. An example of this is that I learned a friend of my character caught a pokemon my character wanted, but I learned In discord about this, so my character would have no way of knowing.
What is power-gaming? Controlling another person's character, or using in-game mechanics to ‘power’ the situation.

What is retroactive continuity? A continuity that does their best to not need to recon things? To be honest, I’ve never heard the term used before, So I shall instead define a retcon. A retcon is rewriting a list of events that happened to better fit a story. An example of this being my character was born in Unova though I never specify where I can say a town later. If it does not fit well in the story, and I would be required to change it I would be required to ‘retcon’ her home village instead.

What is a Mary Sue? A character who can do no wrongs, they are always and completely perfect. They have no flaws of their own and act out everything perfectly.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)? IC is what my character is doing, or is what I the player is doing.

Do you have previous experience playing on an RP server? Many many RP servers over many games, I believe the one I have been a part of the longest is a Jedi server that I’ve been a part of for seven months.

-General Character Questions-
[There is one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Lysa g. Orchid
Appearance: Lysa usually dresses in Unova-styled clothing that supports her active lifestyle of running around and exploring, her hair is dyed two different colors a purple and black. Her face is soft with many pronounced features as seen with her somewhat unusual purple eyes and puffy cheeks, she’s a bit on the shorter end and hopes to grow taller, despite her age.
Personality:
A sunny personality that is adopted from her love of exploration and pokemon. She has a somewhat unusual fixation on ghost-type pokemon, but will not only use them. Lysa simply will choose to surround herself with them when possible. Her mood is usually optimistic almost to a point that could be seen as being naive. The dark and spooky don’t spook her and usually intrigues her, this oftentimes leads her to usual and bad situations. This has yet to stop her exploration to find all the ghost-type pokemon she can.

Biography: Lysa was born in the Unova region. When she was ten she set out to explore her home region finding all kinds of pokemon that she considered friends, though despite this she never brought around pokeballs. She often chooses to make friends with the pokemon around her rather than capture them and carry them. This meant she was never qualified to participate in any gyms or events that had pokemon involved. This did not stop Lysa from enjoying her time exploring though as she did make many pokemon friends that would follow her from time to time. While out one day she stumbled onto a bad group of people who were hiding out in an abandoned building, not wanting to be spotted she sat in the shadows and watched. They were handling a pokemon she had never seen before. It was a mimikyu and they were seeing who wanted to take it and train it, none of them did. They all collectively thought it would be funny to leave it there in its Pokeball to see how long until it went missing. The group set it up on a chair and left, ready to come back the next day. Lysa took the opportunity to rescue the unusual pokemon and ran off. She quickly let it out and made friends with the cute yet creepy ghost. Returning home that night, she and her mother and father all spoke. It was decided that she would be allowed to leave to another region, something she had wanted for a while. Now that she finally captured her first pokemon. Lysa soon left for Toro

Flaws: Joyful, and helpful to a Fault. Lysa oftentimes will go out of her way to help pokemon and others to her own detriment, and until recently refused to fight others with her friend pokemon. Lysa is a naive sixteen who seems to almost ignore the bad sides of the world and does her best to spread happiness to others around her. She often has found herself in danger by traveling to abandon buildings and deep forests that led her to dangerous pokemon. Traveling this way has not stopped her yet, as she still chooses to go to these more dangerous areas to discover and find more ghost-type pokemon. Some often see her as passionate and hard-headed.

Ambitions: To make a name for herself, and show others that Ghost pokemon are not as scary as they first appear. A smaller not as prominent goal is to someday return to Unova and tackle the gyms in her home region and become a champion there.
Starter Pixelmon: mimikyu
Skin: I have two versions in case The skin messes up. 64x bit- and the 256x
Image Image = 64x Skin

Image = 256x

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in the third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in the third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Lysa would quickly stop whatever she was doing and smile and try to calm the little girl. She would call mimikyu from its Pokeball and allow the little girl to play with it. If she had no other pokemon, she would start climbing the tree to get the meowth down. If she was unable she would instead do her best to think of another way to get the Meowth down. If Lysa has another pokemon at this point she would call forth her other pokemon in ways to assist in getting down the stuck meowth, either way, she would most likely not stop until the pokemon and trainer were safe together.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Lysa is happy to be here, she quickly answers her questions as they appear not really giving her time to respond. First, she explains that she is from Unova and has her best friend mimikyu and that she wants to come and explore and find all the ghost pokemon she can. After she is asked where she wants to go she’d respond explaining she had no specific destination in mind and that perhaps she will find a nice place to set up camp, or a hotel with the money her parents gave her to get started. She’d explain that she might take on the challenge of fighting the gyms but that's secondary to finding the ghost-type pokemon around and making friends with as many as she can. Showing others what fun and how nice ghost Pokemon can really be.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: RoyalRosie's application

Welcome! Welcome~! Cute character, I loved that style when people dye their hair! ♥ Yeah the term retroactive continuity is kinda weird, huh? It pretty much is just the long form of retcon though, so you got it! If you want an example of the retcon we try to avoid - it'd be like saying if Lysa met Giritina or something wild like that. But I think you get that, so, welcome aboard again!

When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability ( if you want one of these, you're best with asking around )
I'll also let you know, since it's easy to miss but! We do level the playing field a little bit and provide Max IVs / near Max IVs for Hidden Powers - though people still need to breed if they want specific stats ( like 0 atk ) and for the rest :3 ! There's a NPC to do that in our Battle Tower!

But outside of all that WELCOME! The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and
You can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info! You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns.
^^ I recommend giving the New Player Guidea read~

Return to “Accepted Applications”