chantolove's application

chantolove
MC name: TheChatotMaestro

chantolove's application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: TheChatotMaestro
Where did you hear about us: Snek mentioned it on a separate server.
Tell us a little about yourself: uhhhhhhh idk. I have far too many OCs but I never draw them, I'm a very big fan of Piers, I'm just wrapping up my first year of college. im ganbaruby

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Online roleplaying is a collaborative writing activity where multiple people create a narrative or story by each contributing the actions and ideas of one character involved.
What is meta-gaming?
Meta-gaming is intentionally or unintentionally using information you learned OOC to your advantage IC- for example, if you read a conversation and then your OC knows the information conveyed in that conversation, despite never being there.
What is power-gaming?
I'd never heard this term before. It sounds like a slogan some out-of-touch company would put on a t-shirt for tweenage boys. However, after looking into it, it seems to mean the same as railroading- intentionally or unintentionally forcing other players to go along with your idea instead of allowing them to make decisions and affect the situation. The difference in wording between 'I punch him' vs 'I try and punch him', for example: the latter allows the other player to dodge or respond, while the former is more forceful and allows for less objection to the action.
What is retroactive continuity?
Retroactive continuity- or 'retconning'- means deciding to edit the past of an ongoing fictional work in order for the present and future to make more sense. For example, 'our characters fought yesterday, but we talked it out and decided that it didn't happen', or 'I never set a date for this thing to have happened, so I'm setting it now in order for the thing I'm about to do to make more sense'.
What is a Mary Sue?
This means different things in different communities. Within the context of RP, a Mary Sue is a character who is unrealistically powerful, is unrealistically unflawed, commands an undue amount of plot importance, or seems badly or immaturely written in some other way, and is unlikeable or bothers other users because of it.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
Whether it's you or your character talking. Out-of-character is any text marked as being separate from the RP, or any areas designated for talking plainly instead of roleplaying. In-character is any text that's part of the RP. Usually, IC is the default, and OOC requires specific delineation, most commonly done with //, (), or (()).
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
I've roleplayed on minecraft creative servers, but I've never been on a server dedicated to one RP! However, I've been rping on various websites since I was in middle school, and mod on a handful of discord RP servers.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Patricia "Trishy" Watson
Appearance: Trishy has a fairly athletic build, grey eyes, a light skin tone, and she's kind of short. (I'm bad with measurements, but I've been recommended to say she's 5'5".) Her hair is brown, and styled in twin braids that she usually wears brushed forward over her shoulders. She's a little self-conscious about her clothing, and picks everything she wears carefully. Casually, her style is pretty girly (no gratuitous bows, but she's more likely to pick pastel colors over neon or dark ones) but not to the point where it's not practical. Sportswear-wise, almost everything she own has stripes. For more formal occasions, she prefers button-ups and pants to dresses, but won't say no to high heels.
Personality: ESFP. Takes charge and tries to help out, even when she really should just mind her own business. Values interpersonal connections above most things, and will go to great lengths to make and keep friends. Keeps a small notebook containing the birthdays of everyone she knows. Enjoys cooking and baking, and often volunteers herself as the designated 'brings the snacks' member of a group. Pokemon-wise, she enjoys using gimmicks like sleep/paralysis + leech seed/poison, willing to spend a long time in a battle and deal damage slowly as long as it means she doesn't take much damage herself. Her hobby is soccer, and she's surprisingly competitive, but only for the duration of the game. The kind of person to explore every nook and cranny in a game area, finding every secret and doing literally everything there is to do before she moves onto the main objective. Also, she genuinely believes in aliens.
Biography: Trishy is from Galar, and grew up admiring the Galarian Pokemon League (following it via the newspaper and the television/radio (whichever is more temporally correct, I'm still a little confused as to where we are in time right now)). She never got the chance to do a gym challenge herself, however, since her family's from a small town in pretty much the middle of nowhere. They had the funds for her to make the trip, but since she was very young and the transportation infrastructure couldn't exactly let you make a 'quick day trip down to the other side of the region' yet, her parents decided they weren't comfortable with her doing it on her own. Instead, she saved up the money and took up jobs around town in order to move to another region once she was older. She picked Toro specifically because of its location and the fact that its League is differently formatted from Galar's: instead of being a very strictly structured tournament, the gyms accept older and more casual challengers and you can go at your own pace.
Flaws: Struggles to make decisions under pressure. Will get violent and cuss you out during a soccer match, but expects everyone to forget it all as soon as the game's over. A bit of a 'yes-man'- will sacrifice her own personal goals and happiness for the sake of pleasing her friends. Overestimates the amount of time in the day and her personal endurance capability, and usually ends up overplanning her schedules then stressing out over unflexible deadlines, events, or appointments. Don't ask her to hold anything fragile, she'll probably drop it.
Ambitions: Collect as many badges as she can; teach her sobble not to be afraid of things like vacuum cleaners and her own footsteps; live somewhere she can watch some good sports.
Starter Pixelmon: Sobble
Skin: https://imgur.com/BEt0mlu

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Trishy stumbles backwards a bit out of surprise as the girl shows up out of nowhere, but once the girl makes her plea, she looks up and quickly spots the Meowth. "Aw, it sure is, innit?" Don't you worry, I got this." She doesn't have any useful Pixelmon on hand, but that doesn't matter. The tree's pretty small- no flimsy sapling living in a tiny box on a city street, but no hundred year old oak either- and she's wearing her boots with the ridges on the bottom. She can toootally do this herself, no sweat.
...ten bucks says she breaks an arm.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
"Um! Yeah, yes, hi!" She smiles at the woman reflexively, blinking in surprise. Who's this? What does she want? Statistics? I mean, she's always up for some statistics, but... seriously, stranger danger much? "Um, I'm from Galar, and I'm moving here. Gonna stay at a hotel 'round here for a bit first." She hopes that's all the information she needs. (...and that the lady can understand her through her accent.)
Last edited by chantolove on Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
this signature was eaten by an evil kumquat
stowaway8888
MC name: stowaway8888/Dayre_

Re: chantolove's application

Welcome to Toro!

Return to “Accepted Applications”