RebelStorms Application

RebelStorm
MC name: RebelStorm

RebelStorms Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: RebelStorm
Where did you hear about us: I was looking for Pixelmon RP servers to join and I found a post on reddit for this.

Tell us a little about yourself: I like writing, roleplaying, coding, and gaming. I hope to turn my hobbies into a business someday. I like roleplaying and I have roleplayed on different websites before.
-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying in short is acting out an improvised story with others.

What is meta-gaming?
Using prior or outside knowledge a character wouldn't normally have access to in the RP.

What is power-gaming?
Forcing actions to be taken in different scenarios. Or acting extremely powerful in situations no matter the context of the RP. For example, A character easily beats someone who is canonically stronger than them.

What is retroactive continuity?
A retroactive continuity or a retcon for short is when a plot point is ignored or adjusted by a writer.

What is a Mary Sue?
A Mary Sue is a perfect character. They have no flaws and are always right no matter what.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In-character is when you're speaking through your character in the RP. Out-of-character is when you aren't speaking through them.

Do you have previous experience playing on an RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Yes, I have some experience on another server.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Mark D Clover
Appearance: Mark has a slightly muscular build but nothing close to a fighting-type trainer. Mark has short, black, curly hair that usually looks messy. He has a mocha brown skin tone and bright red eyes. He wears a grey long sleeve sweater with a brown backpack. He wears blue jeans with a black belt. He has black fingerless gloves that he hardly takes off. He also wears light grey shoes. Mark has a resting willy wonka face that makes him look irritated

Personality: Mark is quiet and prefers not to initiate a conversation. He tends to act introverted until he gets comfortable with a person. When he's comfortable with a person he talks a lot more and would initiate a conversation with them easily. Despite this, he is calm and kind. He loves helping others and will try to help anyone no matter who they are.

Biography: Mark was born in KoniKoni City in Alola. He lived with both of his parents and didn't struggle much in life. His father was a police officer and his mother was a pokemon ranger. Because of their jobs, Mark was left alone with his babysitter a lot. But he wasn't sad that his parent's jobs kept them from coming home often. He was proud to have parents that we're able to help so many people and pokemon. He wanted to become just like them when he grew up. On his 10th birthday, both of his parents gave him a rescued Fletchling to play with. He named it Flare because of its bright red color. Unfortunately, when Mark was 12, his father had an injury that forces him to retire early. He was able to stay with Mark more because of this. But Mark could tell that his father was saddened that he couldn't continue doing his job. He then decided that he did not want to become like his father. He believed that if he wanted to become a good police officer then he needed to train. So he trained both physically and with his pokemon to become strong until he was 18. On his 18th birthday, he decided that he should go on an adventure with Flare. After a year of little progress with his goal, Mark changes tactics. He decides that it would be good to start off small and focus on becoming a strong trainer first. Unfortunately, Alola did not have gyms so he had to go to another region to participate in a gym challenge. He remembered his parents mentioning visiting the Toro region for vacation so he buys a ticket and takes a boat over to Toro.

Flaws: He comes off as rude sometimes because he will often ignore people he doesn't know. He also doesn't take much serious outside of his goals. Because of this, he doesn't put his full effort into everything.

Ambitions: Mark's main goal is to become a part of the international police. He believes that the best way to join is to become a strong trainer.

Starter Pixelmon: Fletchling
Skin: https://minecraftskinstealer.com/profile/RebelStorm#

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Mark looks in the direction of the tree and walks over to it. He looks up to see the Meowth and sighs. He then begins to climb up the tree to the branch the Meowth was on. The Meowth backs away frightened by him. Mark takes out a sandwich from his backpack and offers it to the pokemon. The Meowth gets closer to Mark and smells the sandwich before grabbing it and eating it. The Meowth, now trusting him, allows Mark to safely take it down the tree. He walks over to the girl and hands Meowth to her. "Thank you, mister!". Mark nods at her and walks off not saying a word.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Mark sighs and mumbles "I don't feel like doing this today". He reaches into his pocket and pulls something out of it. His hand covered it concealing it from the trainer. He gets into a baseball pitching stance and throws in front of the trainer. The trainer looks down confused at what happened. "Huh?" He looks down at what Mark threw and I shocked. What he thought was a Pokeball was actually a balled-up piece of paper. "Hey! What's the big idea?!" He says as he looks to find that Mark had disappeared. He looks around to see Mark sprinting down the road at full speed. "What a weirdo". The boy says as he retrieves his Rattata and waits for the next trainer to pass by.
Last edited by RebelStorm on Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: RebelStorms Application

Hi, apologies for the short delay! Overall it looks good, there's some more minor things to deal with. I'll get right to it-

• You forgot your Minecraft Username!
• The skin is a little awkward- I notice on the inside of the arms it still shows the fact it used to be a t-shirt + there's a complete lack of shading. Besides that, the outfit seems fine! If you want you can post it here and we can help fix it up: [HERE]
• His biography needs to say why he came to Toro / that he even did, so please include it! Can be as simple as seeing a poster or getting on a boat at random. It says he left when he was 18, but is 19- include what happened between this time or up the age in his bio / lower his age.
• Becoming part of the international police might not be achievable on Toro? You're free to leave this as an IC thing, but this is just an OOC a heads up. Being part of the region's Police organization is okay though!

Besides these minor things, it looks pretty good! Send a reply once you've fixed it up!
Last note, if you have a Discord, I recommend joining our server: http://discord.gg/XMwK6m3 We'll be able to get to any concerns / problems much faster, there's a lot of announcement and info there, and a lot of the community interacts on there!
RebelStorm
MC name: RebelStorm

Alright, I think I fixed everything you mentioned. I also joined the Discord a couple of days ago and I got a little help earlier.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Looks good enough! The skin could probably use a few touch ups, but there's no reason to deny it or have you wait more. With all fixed I can happily say that you have been-
The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and you can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info. You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns. I can't wait to see you around!

Return to “Accepted Applications”