Hildaxo's Application

Hildaxo
MC name: Hildaxo

Hildaxo's Application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Hildaxo
Where did you hear about us: I heard about it from a friend.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a very clumsy person in general. I'm a really big fan of Pokemon and roleplaying so I'd be overjoyed to participate in this one. I really enjoy playing video games such as Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Pokemon Sword.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying is when someone portrays a fictional character.
What is meta-gaming?
Meta-gaming is when you gain information that is outside the roleplay that gives you an advantage over someone else.
What is power-gaming?
Power-gaming is when you create a powerful character with very little to no flaws.
What is retroactive continuity?
When you ignore or modify the main plot of the story.
What is a Mary Sue?
A perfect character containing no flaws.
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In-character is when the character themselves are talking, while OOC is when the roleplayer is speaking.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
Yes, I really enjoy roleplaying and in fact when I found out about this RP, I was very interested in it because it is two of my favorite interests; Pokemon and Roleplaying.
-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Lizzie Goneril
Appearance:
Lizzie is 5'0" so she is a bit on the shorter side. Her hair is long and straight with a light blue color. Her eye color is a cotton candy blue. It neatly shines when in the sun. She is also somewhat pale. She stayed inside a lot which was very odd considering she's from Alola. She usually wears a pair of dark blue stockings going all the way to the upper part of her thighs. Along with this, she wears short skirts and a white long sleeved top. It has no particular pattern which she enjoys. But she typically brings up the sleeves all the way up to her elbows. Because of the heat. She also wears a pair of black boots. They have one white stripe along the top of the boots. Normally she doesn't wear any accessory, but sometimes she wears glasses. Her glasses aren't real and just for style. Sometimes, she puts her hair in 2 pigtails. But she doesn't like it as much as she does like her hair down.
Personality:
She is a VERY lazy person. If she ever has the chance laze around, she will. Not only that, but if she doesn't want to do something herself, she'll try and convince someone else to do it for her. Apart from her laziness, she is very kind-hearted and gentle person in general. If you ignore her laziness, she seems like a really nice person to become friends with; someone dependable. She typically helps people out who are in need. She tells herself that it's her best trait. More on her kind-heartedness, she tries to help anyone in anyway possible, she always wants the best for people, and also for people to think the best of her. She hates when people think bad about her, or her close friends as well. Towards pokemon, she's a massive fan of them all. She loves hearing the stories about them too. If she has the chance to start a conversation about them, she most certainly would.
Biography:
Born in Melemele Island, Alola in a wealthy family, Lizzie has lived a life many would strive for. But this isn't what she enjoyed. She wants to enjoy new things and wants to be free from all the pressure her parents applied onto her. She wants to discover new experiences, make new friends, and see what the world has to offer. So when she hit the age of 17, she fled from home with the hope of experiencing new places and new things. She brought along her very trustworthy Pokemon Swirlix. They were best friends since Lizzie was a child. When thinking of places to explore, she stumbled upon people talking about the amazing region of Toro. She researched a bit of the region and decided to start a new life there. She was convinced that it was the place to be.
Flaws:
As mentioned before, Lizzie is a very lazy person. She can never really focus on things. Lizzie also tends to be very shy around people she has just met. Also, since she has lived a life where she was kept away from true reality, she tends to be very scared of things she hasn't seen before.
Ambitions:
She wants to have new experiences and make new friends. Not only that, but she also is an aspiring Pokemon trainer.
Starter Pixelmon: [ Any naturally level 5 Pokemon! No Legendaries/Mythicals ]
Swirlix
Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)
https://imgur.com/a/jSBhwy2
-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Lizzie had a surprised look on her face as the little girl came up to her crying "Oh.. Of course, I'll help you retrieve your Meowth. Everything will be fine." Lizzie said with a reassuring look on her face. "T-thank you so much please be safe!" The little girl responded in tears. "I'm sorry if I make the situation worse, I'm really not fit for these kinds of things. But here goes." Lizzie said as she began to climb the tree. She started to slip a little but she continued hoping for the best. "Hi there little Meowth.. Don't be afraid, I'm not here to harm you." The Meowth looked at Lizzie with an odd face. "Cmon.. Just.. Get down already won't you?" Lizzie said as she sat on a branch hoping it wouldn't snap. The Meowth finally went into Lizzie's arms and they climbed down. "Thank you so much! I was really worried about my poor little Meowth.. Thanks to you, they're finally safe!" The girl said as she wiped her tears away. "No problem, please take care!" Lizzie said as she brushed away marks on her clothes from climbing the tree.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
Lizzie locked eyes with the trainer. "Oh cmon.. I don't feel like battling right now. I'm already so annoyed at that last battle. I'm just trying to go home." she said as she looked at the trainer in annoyance. "Well, we've been training for a reason, and I'm not backing down!" The trainer said as he prepared for battle. "Fine, just don't cry about it when you lose, kay? But seriously I don't feel like doing anything right now, so I'll make it quick." Lizzie said as she sent out her Swirlix. "A Swirlix huh? I'd better add this one to my pokedex.. Never seen this one before!" The trainer said in joy. "Oh, seriously? What did I just say? I don't want to drag this battle on longer than it should. Just hurry it up, I feel like sleeping or something.." she said as she felt herself falling asleep. A couple minutes later, Lizzie finally ended the battle in a victory. "Wow, finally I won. Well anyways I'm out, bye." She said after letting out a big yawn. "Oh it's okay, we'll just train even harder!" The trainer said as he saw Lizzie leaving.
Last edited by Hildaxo on Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Hildaxo's Application

Hi, thanks for applying! The app is good overall and I think you'd be a great fit for the server! The open responses look good and your character seems cute. There's a few things I'd need tweaked before I can accept though.

- Powergaming isn't what we're looking for, I recommend looking at other apps and using your own words!

- Appearance and Personality feels a little shorter than required, even if they technically fit. Appearance contains a lot of fragments, and personality really focuses on her being lazy for quite a bit of it. So we'd like you to add one full sentence to each, and for personality, focusing on something that isn't her laziness for the added one.

- Biography should mention why she chose Toro / say that she went there. It can be vague, such as just seeing a poster or anything, just needs to be in there!

- The outfit just feels a little bit off. I think it might help if you made the boots /stockings just one shorter and showed off a bit of the skirt mentioned in the Appearance? Also we'll need a screenshot of the back too! Quick edit of the screenshot to show what I mean! Any color is fine ofc just picked one I already saw:

Let me know when you fixed it and I can peek over again. Looking forward to seeing this fixed so I can accept ya!
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Hildaxo's Application

With the edits I can say your app is mostly good! Powergaming is a lil off but I'll just explain since it's the hardest. The one we're looking for is:
When people roleplay in a way that does not allow the other person to react (ex: typing 'My character punched your character causing them to fall'). You can avoid this by using words like 'try' and just making sure you don't make the other character's reaction!

Anyway since it's only that I won't make ya do another edit! Just keep it in mind moving forward. You have been-
The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and you can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info. You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns. I can't wait to see you around!

Return to “Accepted Applications”