Slyfix Whitelist Application.

Slyfix
MC name: Slyfix

Slyfix Whitelist Application.

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: Slyfix

Where did you hear about us: (If it was from a friend it helps to say which one)
- I heard about this server from PrimalMudkip.

Tell us a little about yourself:

Hmmm. I get a lot of enjoyment out of roleplaying out scenarios that I wouldn't get to normally experience in my day to day life. Not to mention I have been an avid fan of pokemon since I was very little, going so far as to collect most of the games that I could. Others would often describe me as a pretty chill and outgoing guy, who's usually pretty nice and goofy. That's about it.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]

What is roleplaying?

Roleplaying is when you put yourself in the shoes of someone or something that you are not and act out a scene as that person. Similarly to how it is spelled, you are playing a role that is not your own. Whether you are dressing up and acting as a police officer, or a child, or even an animal for instance.

What is meta-gaming?

Meta-gaming is when you bring outside knowledge into the roleplay that your character would not have access to. This can take the form of you knowing someone's name before you meet them, or speaking as if you have a degree in micro-biology when you are playing what is effectively a 10 year old.

What is power-gaming?

Power-gaming is what we call someone that usually acts outside of what is actually possible for them. Most commonly, it would be someone telling another player that they have knocked them out in hand to hand combat without giving them a chance to respond and reinforcing that statement without budging on the subject. Another form of this would be saying that your character either has something that they don't or trying to give someone something that they don't have. Just doing the impossible, really.

What is retroactive continuity?

Retroactive continuity is the act of changing something within the lore of a body of literature after something about said thing has been passed off as fact. A form of this would be in Dragon Ball Z/Super, where they had at first said that the potara earrings would fuse the two individuals together indefinitely, but was later changed to say that it would only do that for a Kai. If that example was outside of the knowledge of the one going over this, then I can just put it in comic standards. The Flashpoint exists as one of the largest retcons in the history of comic books, going so far as to change whole character personalities in order to make the stories it told feel fresh to the readers.

What is a Mary Sue?

Oh boy. A Mary Sue is what any decent roleplayer would hope that no one ever seriously tries to make their character. Put in short, it's like making your character just the perfect overall being for any given situation, lacking any flaws of any kind and being an absolute paragon in almost every meaning of the word.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?

This one's super easy. In-Character determines how you act or what you say in the moment of actually playing your character, having an effect only in the roleplay. It is only meant to be taken seriously by those participating in the roleplay as their own characters, and does not mean anything Out-of-Character. Following up on that, Out-of-Character is just you as a person, the things you say can always reference roleplay and you can generally talk as normal with anything you say not affecting the roleplay directly.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)

I've got loads of experience in roleplaying, and am looking for somewhere to roleplay between my dnd sessions down at the local shop. Of course, I also look forward to hanging around with my friends that also play on there as well as meeting new and hopefully interesting people.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Damien Pearce
Appearance: Damien is a 5'11" ectomorph, with some definition despite his thinned appearance. This would be due to his active lifestyle which keeps him consistently moving from place to place. He sports messy blonde hair and has lively green eyes. His attire consists of some dark jeans and typically a blue t-shirt on under a coat that he normally wears. If it's too hot for the coat, his shirt has short sleeves. In his hair can be found a pair of sunglasses, though he isn't often seen actually wearing them.

Personality: Damien is a very outgoing individual. He enjoys being around people, as he is extroverted and finds himself sometimes joking around and challenging people to battles even if he knows that he cannot win it. Often times he will play up a situation for the laughs, trying to make the most of what he has. Even being like this, though, he does still know how to treat a serious situation, not making light of it depending on the matter. He very much cares about his family, which he will sometimes send money to, as well as making connections with the new people that he meets.

Biography: Damien grew up for most of his life within the Galar region, exploring the vast open spaces and often gawking at the pokemon that resided within them. As a kid, he lived and grew up in Hammerlocke, only being allowed to explore once he got to the age of 10. Naturally he only was allowed to explore after he got his first pokemon in order to defend him in the harsh wilds. As he explored through the various towns, traveling with his partner pokemon, he got to witness many great sights. Before he knew it, he had already grown up a lot and expanded his team with several pokemon that he considered his friends. Still, his lust for adventure did not fade, as he found himself longing for the sense of adventure once more. Of course, one cannot make much money while they adventure around unless if they were famous in some way, so he picked up the habit of performing odd jobs around the towns that he ventured into, offering to help restaurant owners or just the locals with anything that they needed done in order to get by. Sometimes he would receive money from his family, which gave him a sense of debt to them, wanting to eventually pay them back for all the help that they gave him. In his search for adventure, he began to think about visiting a new region, saving up until he was able to actually go. Wanting the sense of a fresh adventure, he allowed his family to take care of his pokemon that he had gathered on his journey through Galar, effectively trading to them. Instead, all that he decided to take with him was one pokemon. A Riolu. It was one of his younger sibling's favorite pokemon. So in order to keep a piece of them with him, he wanted to start his new journey with one.

Flaws: He can often times be headstrong, putting himself in situations that he cannot easily back out of, not that he would want to as his sense of integrity would prevent him from doing so. He can also be pretty stubborn and impulsive, choosing to do something and sticking with it to the very end. And adventure wouldn't be as enjoyable if you didn't take many chances, after all.

Ambitions: He aspires to explore as much as he can possibly manage and see the sights, get into battles, and become a great trainer. His wanderlust calls him and the thrill of battle pushes him onward.

Starter Pixelmon: [ Any naturally level 5 Pokemon! No Legendries/Mythicals ] Riolu

Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.) ImageImage

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

Damien would chuckle as the woman approached, casting his view slightly downward in a somewhat devious manner as if he had been waiting for someone to ask him why he was in this region. It was bound to come up sooner or later, after all. "Of course! I came here hoping to see the sights and get a feeling of what this region has to offer!" He responded cheerfully. Quickly though, he would hold up a finger as if requesting that the wait just a moment. "To be more specific, I'm here to explore the vast reaches and see all that there is!" After saying this, he would mutter under his breath, casting away his gaze for a moment. "And maybe get into a battle or two along the way."He followed that up by laughing aloud.

"Well no time to sit around and chit chat. I got places to be and people to see!" He then proceeded to keep walking, his hands finding their ways into his pockets as he continued onward.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Damien, having locked eyes with the trainer, knew what was coming next as he heard the cry of battle begin. Responding to this, he would pull out his own pokeball, calling across the field to the opponent that stood before him. "Who're you calling a chump! Show this guy's Rattata who's boss, Riolu!" He would then throw the pokeball forward, his Riolu sprouting from the capsule that had contained him just moments ago with a battle cry. With his left fist held before him and his right hand out to his side, he would call out to his pokemon, "Now Riolu! Sweep the legs!" And so the battle would begin with a big grin plastered across Damien's face.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Slyfix Whitelist Application.

Yet another friend of Mudkip's who has been-
The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and you can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info. You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns. I can't wait to see you around!

Return to “Accepted Applications”