Community_ Whitelist Application

Community
MC name: Community_

Community_ Whitelist Application

-Player Questions-

Minecraft Username: Community_

Discord Username: Community_
(If applicable! To help us contact you if we need to)

Where did you hear about us:

Planet Minecraft
(If it was from a friend it helps to say which one)

Tell us a little about yourself:

I am taking a break from college and getting back to work and decided to get back into some old habits in my free time, mainly roleplaying and gaming. I play Minecraft more than any other game and have tried other modded types too. I was interested because it was a Pixelmon Roleplay server and it seemed more interesting and complete than the other ones I have tried before.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]

What is roleplaying?

Roleplaying is making a character and becoming that character in whatever world or scenario given. It could be a text or voice roleplay. For me, it is also it is stepping into a different person for a bit to just enjoy a different world.
What is meta-gaming?

Meta-gaming is usually frowned upon, especially when it comes to roleplay because you are combining knowledge from the outside world in the inside, which ruins role plays a lot of the times. For example, if a IG character didn’t know how something worked, but the player looked it up and then the IG character knew it, it would be Meta
Gaming.

What is power-gaming / god-modding?

Power gaming/God-modding is taking complete control of the whole situation. Therefore, giving other players no input or change to interact. For example, a pokemon uses a move to completely knockout another player without given them a chance to input their response to that situation/scenario.

What is retroactive continuity?

This is when you are reframing your character to make it convenient to the story or plot out of nowhere. It is going back on what has been approved of in your backstory and adding something out of convenience. For example, changing knowledge of knowing an object, or changing a previous choice the character had made to fit the situation better.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?

IG is the character that you roleplay in the world. OOC is the player that is controlling the IG. The two can be alike but should not mix in most if not all circumstances within the roleplay itself .

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)

I only have very little experience in my past on servers but its still new to me and very fun, challenging and rewarding when done right at least for me.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]

Full name: Levi October Hope

Appearance:

Levi brown eyes and crew cut brown hair which he combs to one side. He usually has a lost look to his face whenever he is busy thinking. He wears a black vest with a rose and a white undershirt. He has a tan/brown belt and shoes as well as gray pants but likes to change his outfit up when he can. Levi usually has his sleeves rolled up when he is traveling and rarely pulls them down accept on occasions when he gets serious. Levi also has a necklace that he wears which have a bit of sentimental value to him.

Personality:

Levi is a curious man at heart, which is expressed through his experience and knowledge that he likes to share. He is a fan of battling and any other pokemon events, but not if he thinks it is not the right time to do. Around strangers, Levi starts off shy and needs time to warm up to them but is willing to go above and beyond to help anyone in need even if it is someone new. Whenever new ideas and theories are topic of conversation, Levi is immediately engaged and paying attention to anything and everything that is said and tries to add to what he already knows as well as share what he has learned to others. He interacts better with pokemon than with people at times, however with his friends and even with strangers too, he is honest and caring but can be calculating and mysterious at times which make people unsure of what he is thinking at times, but in everything he does its only for the benefit of others and himself if both can be.

Biography:

Levi has lived a quiet life in the Sinnoh Region. He had lived and worked in his grandpa’s shop in Solaceon Town. When he was not sneaking around the areas around the town such as Solaceon Ruins, the Lost Tower, and the Hallowed Tower, he was reading books about pokemon since his parents did not feel he could handle the responsibilities at such a young age. This only fueled Levi even more as he grew to research into pokemon and understanding them more and explore the areas around town that he had heard from rumors had weird pokemon and events happening inside them. At school, he studied up on pokemon from a simple perspective down to the theoretical contexts and he also loved learning about historical content of his town and beyond. This was fascinating to him and fueled his adventurous side to go out on his own someday as well. A notable event happened to him was when he was young right after school. He was walking home from school and ending up over thinking on some things that he had learned that day and stray farther and farther away from the path he was suppose to be taking to get home. The thing that broke his train of thought and got him to realize what was going on was when an ominous presence overcame his spirit. As he began to try to piece together why he felt the way he did, a bright sparkling/shining light suddenly appeared in a distance and he starting heading over to see what was going on. He follow the path ahead and found himself by a weird looking crumbling tower/shrine. He noticed some kid throwing were throwing some rocks at it and laughing at the weird unreadable inscription on it. Thinking that it was an ancient grave of sorts and that maybe a spirit of a deceased person was trying to get you to help in this situation, Levi went over to the boys and told them to stop and to go do something else and to also not disturb or disrespect the sacred grave. They stop what they were doing and told Levi to shut up and get lost. Levi knew that these boys seemed like trouble, but regardless of that fact he went over and used his body to block them from hitting the tower any further. Once they saw that I was no going to move, they then began to mock and ridicule and throw rocks at Levi for trying to ruin their fun. When it look like they were going to give it up, one of the kids however decided to come up to Levi and pin Levi to the ground to get one more shot at hitting the tower. Levi begged and warned them not to keep going saying that he had felt a strong angry/disturbing presence coming from the tower. All the boys laughed and one of the boys went next to the tower and found a weird looking rock right beside it. He picked it up began mocking death and challenging anything to come out and stop him from throwing this last rock. When nothing happen, the kid gave a smile to Levi and threw the stone at the tower. What the boy did not realizing was that the stone he threw at the shrine was an odd keystone and that within that stone was a pokemon . The stone hit the crumbling tower but when it did a weird blue sparkling aura started manifesting itself around the stone and it began to float above the tower. The keystone began the shake and everyone stopped what they were doing terrified of what they were witnessing. All of sudden, a blue spiritomb manifested itself out of the keystone as if it was part of it somehow and it seem very angry and ill-natured and it notice the boys standing there and started attacking the boys. The boy’s started to panic as they realize this was not their imaginations. They then ran off screaming with fear written all over their faces and never looked back but Levi had remained too scared to move. After rampaging for a few more minutes, the spiritomb realize the boys were long gone and calmed down. It turned around to notice that the boy who had risk himself to stop them from destroying the tower was still here and had fainted. The spiritomb looked at the boy curiously and realized that the boy was not waking up right away and pushed the boy gently to bring him to a tree next the tower and stay there with him until Levi woke up. Levi eventually woke up as water from the rain that had began to pour around the area helped him wake up. As Levi began to sit up he notice the spiritomb looking right at him with a concerned look on it's face. It spooked him at first but realized quickly it meant no harm to him and he calmed down. As he continue to look on at spritomb, even though spiritomb could not speak to share what it wanted to, Levi seemed to understand completely from just the smile that it gave that it was thankful to him for for responding to its signals and coming over to stop the boys from destroying its home. Even if Levi did not know it, spiritomb was also impress by Levi's bravery and heart to stand up and risk himself to stop them. Levi overtime learned that that spiritomb body was within the keystone. After their first interaction, Levi made a promise to the spiritomb to visit everyday to its home when he could so that they could hand out and to also protect its shrine from anyone else in the future. When he left the first time spritomb was put back in the proper place in the shrine/tower and from there on out, Levi came almost everyday to protect the shrine with everything he had and visited spiritombs as often as he could to hang out with spiritomb there because he understood what be misunderstood and being lonely was like and knew that the spiritomb was all alone all this time there at the forgotton shrine in the middle of nowhere and everytime Levi came to visit spritomb, it's smile and excitement seemingly got bigger and better to show its happiness and eagerness to see Levi back when he came. He became so liked and respected by the spiritomb that it decided to join Levi on his travels permantly by given itself in the form of the odd keystone to the boy as thanks and Levi made a necklace out of it so it could travel with him outside the pokeball at times. On that day, Spiritomb became Levi's first pokemon and his lifelong companion/friend. As Levi grew up, he did more research to understand his new companion more and realized that through his studies that spritomb species themselves were very mysterious and not much was known on them besides what they look like normally and folktale legends that were passed down in history. He realized that after given it some thought, that it did not look like an average spiritomb and began to wonder if maybe it was rare shiny variant of pokemon that rumored to exist but not much was known on due to almost no one ever seeing any before and only rumors surfacing here and there every so often from people and the authors he read from and their comments on the subject. This whole ordeal had and the mystery surrounding his new friend and its origins only sparked Levi’s interests even more to understand everything about the pokemon world and try to make a living out of it no matter what the cost. Over the years that followed, Levi finished school and continue study in order to follow his dream of someday becoming a professor just like the famous ones in the Toro region that he has heard so much about who were able to make a living off doing research and understanding the pokemon world in their own way. He eventually saved up enough for a one-way ticket to the Toro Region to start his adventure there and to forge his own path like his famous predecessors before him.

Flaws: His mind is too preoccupied with his studies and staying a few steps ahead of everything which often results in him forgetting which direction he is going and how far has walked and getting lost in dangerous areas and getting in needed trouble very easily. He also tends to be unpredictable and mysterious which make it harder for himself to be understood by others and his motives unclear despite his good intentions behind everything he does, it usually takes time for everything to be understood by others and to see how advance his plans and thinking really are.

Ambitions: To become a respected pokemon professor someday and to understand everything there is to know about the pokemon world through my travels and adventures to be able to help others along the way.

Starter Pixelmon: Spiritomb (Shiny if possible because I love the blue color it gets from it) [ Any naturally level 5 Pokemon! No Legendaries/Mythicals ]

Skin:
https://imgur.com/a/Vk4XWGR (All three in one)
(Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Levi looked down at spiritomb who just gave him a nod to go and help the poor girl and her meowth. He then looks at the crying girl who is crying and says “Yeah! Let me see what I can do.” The girl sniffled and smiled as she watched intently as Levi walked over to the tree. He thinks to himself “How can I get meowth done safely”. Levi had started getting lost in thought formulating a plan and was just standing there, staring at the tree. spirittomb saw what was going on and made scary face slapped Levi out of making this to complicated. “Sorry spiritomb.” Levi said meekly as he started to climb the tree. A few other people had started watching Levi as he had climbed up the tree, curious about what was going on. As soon as Levi got to the top, the meowth saw him nearby and came closer to him in curiosity. Levi reached out and scooped up the meowth as he then looked down to see the crowd and how high up he was. Suddenly, the branch they were on suddenly broke, and they started going down. Right before they fell completely to the ground however, spiritomb used his psychic abilities to make sure Levi and the mewoth landed gently on the ground. The crowd was relieved, and the girl came over and got her meowth and said to Levi “Thank you Mister!”.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?

The woman walked up to Levi, he was surprised but eager to answer. “Well, let’s see, I am Levi Hope of the Sinnoh Region. I am here to learn more about pokemon world and someday become a professor!” exclaimed Levi as the woman jotted down some notes on her clipboard. “Excellent, and what are your plan for the future as you go from here?” she asked interestedly. “I not entirely for sure myself, but maybe volunteer as an aide at a professors office? After a while, I will fulfill any qualifications necessary to become a pokemon professor no matter how long it takes. I will also do my own research and do everything I can to learn about every aspect of the pokemon world” As he pulled out his own research papers and goals on multiple sheets of paper.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Levi gives a chuckle as he pulls out his own pixelball and stares at that guy and says, “This will end quicker than you think”. Levi throws his Pixelball and spiritomb comes out. Levi chooses the opposite vacant space to stand at and the fight pursues. The trainer gives out a command and says “Rattata, use tackle” This has no effect on spiritomb. Confused but not deterred, the trainer gives out another command and say “Rattata, use quick attack”. This attack also has no affect. Using all his moves up, the trainer asked Levi why his pokemon can do no damage to his Spiritomb? Levi explain pokemon typing to the young trainer and when the trainer realizes what was going on he realized he had lost before he even started. They both laugh and the trainer was about to give his money for losing knowing there was nothing he could do to win but, Levi said “Keep your money, as long as you had learned the lesson that more than any other reward you could give me”. The trainer looked in astonishment and said, “you know you’re a cool guy, I had not completed my entire school lesson about typing and rushed out eager to fight the first person I saw, but you taught me a lesson and had mercy on me thanks you”. Levi smiled and said, “No problem, but how about we have another battle someday with a better team in the future when we are both ready again?” The trainer smiled and said, “You took the words right out of my mouth”. They both shared their contact info with each other and went on their separate ways eager for the next time in hopes to find out who has progressed the furthest in their journey.
Last edited by Community on Sat Jul 24, 2021 6:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Misha
MC name: Mishpelled

Re: Community_ Whitelist Application

Hi! Apologies for the delay, this slipped through the cracks when some of us were busy. All of it seems good and the character is cute! Though, as a note, this universe is set apart from official Pokemon lore so characters like the Professors mentioned don't exist here. There's other famous professors he can idolize which you're free to ask about! Since it's not a big issue or a real part of his story there doesn't seem to be anything to delay you over though so I will say-

The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and you can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info. You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns. I can't wait to see you around!

For a shiny starter Spiritomb-
Edit: The shiny has now been approved.
---
Since the Spiritomb is fleshed out and important to your character, we're considering it! However, we have to ask you to edit your application and add a bit more to your backstory; just a bit so the spiritomb's being shiny has some relevance. So editing in a scenario where it might've affected something, or edit the existing ones to mention its uniqueness more! If you're willing to do that we'd be happy to reward the extra effort!

> If you do that just put another post or send me a DM on Discord (Mish) just so we know! Regardless if you choose to do this or not, you're still accepted and good to RP + you can still just have a regular Spiritomb!

Return to “Accepted Applications”