Emrald_gamer application

Fishers
MC name: Emrald_gamer

Emrald_gamer application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: emrald_gamer
Where did you hear about us: on redit while looking for pixelmon rpgs
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm freshly out of high school, I enjoy drawing, reading, watching tv, and playing Minecraft. Specifically pixelmon. I also rp on Tumblr almost daily

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]

What is roleplaying?
Putting yourself in the roll of a character of your choice to play out situations as they would

What is meta-gaming?
Taking knowledge you know that your character would not know and using it to influence your role play. For example: you know who the poss is in dnd but your character doesn't so you kill them to avoid danger but in doing so ruining the fun of a planned twist.

What is power-gaming?
Acting as your character but making their actions go so they are as strong as they can be or so they get stronger, weather the character actually would do these actions or not

What is retroactive continuity?
Going back in time to change a character choice or story decision you don't like to "fix" a story when it's not going how you want it.

What is a Mary Sue?
An overly angsty character typically made by teens to be like Op protagonist anime characters they like. This isn't inherently bad like some think, the problem comes when they try to force everyone else to be angsty or when they overdo it.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
IC: when you speak and act as the character you are playing as, keeping their personality, knowledge, and background in mind as to not metagame.
OOC: speaking and acting out of character AFTER making it known that you are doing so. Can be to either discuss a plot point with another or to have a conversation that is not canon.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
Not on an rp server, no. But i play dungeons and dragons every Friday and I role play on tumblr nearly daily as a Steven universe oc I made back in middle school. So I've been role playing for a long while.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Pan Mino
Appearance: he has red hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. He wears a black long-sleeved undershirt with a blue cropped jacket on top and matching shorts with a multicolored striped scarf (colors:yellow, white, purple, black).his hair is half shaved with his roots being brown ( I am ok with changing this if it is not suitable for the time period). He is 5'7 with a thin rectangular body type, similar to a less muscular todoroki. Overall he's fairly plain looking.

Personality: his favorite Pokemon type is water with fire being a close second, simply by how beautiful and elegant he finds them. He enjoys taking things slow so he can appreciate the beauty around him, though he finds himself being impatient at times when he shouldn't be. He likes to keep to himself as best he can, though he doesnt count Pokemon in this. He is autistic and bi, but due to the time period he tries to keep that secret. He's always admired Pokemon trainers for how much confidence they had, so he aspired to be one himself and found battles to be fun and beautiful to him. He wants to make a life for himself and he believes that if he can fight in the elite four(or this region's alternative) then he might gain the confidence he saw in the trainors around him as a kid. Overall he trys to avoid interactions but under his nervous exterior hes very kind.

Biography: he was born in the Johto region in Goldenrod City and was raised by his single father, Nikon Mino. His father was a trainer in the goldenrod gym and he would sometimes get to come watch trainers who came to battle the gym leader, his favorites being when trainers brought water or fire types. Always hypnotized by the flow of the water or the flames dancing in the battle field. One day, he decided to be a trainer, though he didn't get a chance to start his journey at 10 or 11 lime most of his classmates, his father was found out to be helping the local bad guys for some spare cash on the side, because of this he became disliked and harassed by his peers, so when he won a lottery at a local shopping center for a plane ride to a distant region, he took his chance and left. It wasn't that he harbored any hate or dislike for his father or his peers, he just wanted to leave and get out of his current situation. The day before his plane ride he got his first Pokemon from a local professor, and left, planning to make his own life as a Pokemon trainer and to gain a level of confidence he lacked in his home.

Flaws: he tends to overthink his strategies and make easy mistakes in battles. He also has a hard time with communication because he gets nervous easily

Ambitions: he want to become a strong trainer so he can make his own life with Pokemon and to gain confidence in himself

Starter Pixelmon: totodile
Skin:

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' Other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Pan freezes at the sudden interaction but quickly relaxes into a state of concern as the request processes in his mind. "Ah, y-yeah, I can try to help. Where is it?" The girl smiles up at him and thanks him before running in the direction of the tree. When they arrive, Pan looks up at the meowth and frods. "It's too high and i don't have any Pokemon on me that can help…" he looks around at the surrounding area to find something that could be of use but nothing comes to mind. " hng.. The one time there's no one else around.." He take a deep breath and begins to climb, but with much difficulty. After a while of struggling, and lots of scratches, he eventually gets the meowth down and to the girl. She thanks him and they both go on their way.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
"A-Ah!? Uh, w-well.. No special reason really. I just came to be a trainer. Uh, i-im from Johto, by the way.. I guess you could say i'm aiming to go to the elite four? Though that's just a best case scenario.." Pan is very clearly nervous at the sudden barrage of questions, he tries to back away from her but she keeps pressing with her questions. "Ah, oh would you look at the time, sorry ma'am I gotta go!" And before she can say anything he gives a quick bow and runs away.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

Re: Emrald_gamer application

Howdy Hi! Thanks for applying to Toro! Sorry about the delay, but it's been... it's been a week. Anywho! I'm Vernon, and I'll be reviewing your app.

So, starting off, your definitions for Meta-gaming, power-gaming, retroactive continuity, and Mary Sue aren't quite what we're looking for, but DON'T WORRY! Just take a look through the accepted applications to get a feel for more of what we're looking for. Just make sure your answer is in your own words!

We'd also like to note a few things about your backstory. 15's a little young, as 16 in Toro is the legal age of adult, but if you want to keep it at a 15 year old, we won't stop you! Past that, we wanna note that:

I'd also like to point out while we won't stop you from keeping a 15 year old character, if you decide to, we will require you to change this:
when he won a lottery at a local shopping center for a plane ride to a distant region, he took his chance and left.
as you would not be able to buy/redeem a lottery ticket without being a legal adult!

Lastly:
He is autistic and bi, but due to the time period he tries to keep that secret.
Toro as a region does not have ableism or LGBTQ+ discrimination. In fact, we're currently hosting an IC Pride-Week series of events!

A few minor things, but you use a few improper forms of homonyms, and miss some capitalization.

Once you have that stuff corrected, feel free to reply to this thread and we'll give this another look! Also- we'd like to encourage you to join our Discord! We can better help you there in real time if you need it!
Fishers
MC name: Emrald_gamer

Ok, I think its all fixed up!

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: emrald_gamer
Where did you hear about us: on redit while looking for pixelmon rpgs
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm freshly out of high school, I enjoy drawing, reading, watching tv, and playing Minecraft. Specifically pixelmon. I also play dnd every Friday and roleplay on tumblr near daily.

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]

What is roleplaying?
Putting yourself in the role of a character of your choice to play out situations as they would

What is meta-gaming?
Applying knowledge your character doesn't know or could not know, based on what occurred in your character's actions, and using it in your role play. For example, if you overheard your dm in d&d talking about the next villain and your character notices an npc that matches the description, you then use your ooc knowledge in your rp, which can take away the fun of a roleplay.

What is power-gaming?
It is controlling the path of a story by giving ending to your actions instead of allowing whoever your roleplaying with to react. For example:
N: *Nico ran at Phoebe at top speed and readied their sword, they pulled their weapon behind them and swung so fast Phoebe couldn't bring up her shield. In a flash, Nico chopped Phoebe's head clean off and sent it spiraling to the ground!!!*
P:... I guess I'm dead.

What is retroactive continuity?
Going back and dayung one thing has always been one way when it was originally another, this can be good or bad depending on how it's used. A good example is if something goes wrong during a roleplay so instead of rolling with it the players can fix it easily. A bad example is if someone doesn't like how something went (typically something small)and wants to change it but everyone else likes how it went. Like most things ist based on consent!

What is a Mary Sue?
A character made to be the perfect or ultimate character with little or no flaws. These characters can easily lead to power gaming due to how overpowered they can be. They are also bad because they can be extremely boring if you get stuck with one as your roleplay partner because of how one-sided they can be.

What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
IC: when you speak and act as the character you are playing as, keeping their personality, knowledge, and background in mind as to not metagame.
OOC: speaking and acting out of character AFTER making it known that you are doing so. Can be to either discuss a plot point with another or to have a conversation that is not canon.

Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?
Not on an rp server, no. But i play dungeons and dragons every Friday and I roleplay on tumblr nearly daily as a Steven universe oc I made back in middle school. So I've been role playing for a long while.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Pan Mino
Appearance: He has red hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. He wears a black long-sleeved undershirt with a blue cropped jacket on top and matching shorts with a multicolored striped scarf (colors:yellow, white, purple, black).his hair is half shaved with his roots being brown ( I am ok with changing this if it is not suitable for the time period). He is 5'7 with a thin rectangular body type, similar to a less muscular Shoto Todoroki. Overall he's fairly plain looking.

Personality: His favorite Pokemon type is water with fire being a close second, simply by how beautiful and elegant he finds them. He enjoys taking things slow so he can appreciate the beauty around him, though he finds himself being impatient at times when he shouldn't be. He likes to keep to himself as best he can, though he doesnt count Pokemon in this, but he can't help but help people if he sees they need it. He is autistic and bi. He's always admired Pokemon trainers for how much confidence they had, so he aspired to be one himself and found battles to be fun and beautiful to him. He wants to make a life for himself and he believes that if he can fight in the elite four(or this region's alternative) then he might gain the confidence he saw in the trainors around him as a kid.

Biography: he was born in the Johto region in Goldenrod City and was raised by his single father, Niko Mino. His father was a trainer in the goldenrod gym and he would sometimes get to come watch trainers who came to battle the gym leader, his favorites being when trainers brought water or fire types. Always hypnotized by the flow of the water or the flames dancing in the battle field. One day, he decided to be a trainer, though he didn't get a chance to start his journey at 10 or 11 like most of his classmates, his father was found out to be helping the local bad guys for some spare cash on the side, because of this he became disliked and harassed by his peers, so when he won a lottery at a local shopping center for a plane ride to a distant region, he took his chance and left. It wasn't that he harbored any hate or dislike for his father or his peers, he just wanted to leave and get out of his current situation. The day before his plane ride he got his first Pokemon from a local professor, and left, planning to make his own life as a Pokemon trainer and to gain a level of confidence he lacked in his home.

Flaws: he tends to overthink his strategies and make easy mistakes in battles. He also has a hard time with communication because he gets nervous easily.

Ambitions: he want to become a strong trainer so he can make his own life with Pokemon and to gain confidence in himself

Starter Pixelmon: totodile
Skin:

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' Other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Pan freezes at the sudden interaction but quickly relaxes into a state of concern as the request processes in his mind. "Ah, y-yeah, I can try to help. Where is it?" The girl smiles up at him and thanks him before running in the direction of the tree. When they arrive, Pan looks up at the meowth and frods. "It's too high and i don't have any Pokemon on me that can help…" he looks around at the surrounding area to find something that could be of use but nothing comes to mind. " hng.. The one time there's no one else around.." He take a deep breath and begins to climb, but with much difficulty. After a while of struggling, and lots of scratches, he eventually gets the meowth down and to the girl. She thanks him and they both go on their way.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
"A-Ah!? Uh, w-well.. No special reason really. I just came to be a trainer. Uh, i-im from Johto, by the way.. I guess you could say i'm aiming to go to the elite four? Though that's just a best case scenario.." Pan is very clearly nervous at the sudden barrage of questions, he tries to back away from her but she keeps pressing with her questions. "Ah, oh would you look at the time, sorry ma'am I gotta go!" And before she can say anything he gives a quick bow and runs away.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
Vernon
MC name: MirroredPanda
Discord: MirroredPanda#6969

(Yay I got to use that again)

You'll be whitelisted shortly! By the way- we have a discord which helps for keeping up with event announcements! I highly recommend joining it so you can keep up to date with future updates and the like!

Return to “Accepted Applications”