Athi's application

Applications that have been inactive for more than 1 week.
einoras
MC name: einoras

Athi's application

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username: einoras
Where did you hear about us: (If it was from a friend it helps to say which one)
I found you trough a link on reddit
Tell us a little about yourself:
Well first of all I like pokemon and minecraft, I have some role playing experience ( I used roleplay when I was 14) and I'm looking to get back into it again. Also I play dnd with friends if that also counts as roleplaying.
-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words. ]
What is roleplaying? Talking like and playing a different person or personality, kida like acting
What is meta-gaming? Using information and skills you but not the persona youre roleplaying would know.
What is power-gaming? Trying to be ppowerful without flaws while disregarding other people
What is retroactive continuity? contradicting the plot of the story, what was said before.
What is a Mary Sue? an owerpowered character with no weaknesses
What is the difference between in-character (IC) and out-of-character (OOC)?
In caharcter is while youre roleplaying a character and doing what they would do, out of character is just saying and doing stuff you would do,
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server? (This won’t affect your acceptance)
not in minecraft, but as I stated I do play dnd.
-General Character Questions-
[There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for the appearance, biography, and personality. This is for each of these parts and not put together. Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro.]
Full name: Athi Marley
Appearance: Athi has medium lenght messy black hair, purple eye color, he usually dresses in plain baggy clothes. He is a very skinny and short guy (5'5'')
Personality: Athi is a pretty shy guy overall but he loves battling tho doesnt know how to express all of the excitement he gets from it. When meeting new people he appears shy but can open up quickly and always enjoys talking to people who share similar passions as him. He gets very easily scared, and feels uncomfortable next to ghot type pokemon. He wasnt raised so he doesnt know much about manners, hoewer he really respects the elderly. he really enjoys the night and his dream is to fly above the clouds to see the stars.
Biography: Athi doesnt have any parents, he doesnt know where he comes from<. However he is a very strong and determined fella and as a child would manage to get by himself. Athi doesnt have much witch him and lives off what nature gives him. He never had a place to call home so Athi spent his life traveling from place to place and as so isnt educated. While traveling he loves to meet new people and explore every bit of land there is to see.
Flaws: Because he is uneducated Athi is quite stupid nd his curiosity can lead him astray his path. He also wasnt tought any manners so he might come off as rude when he doesnt mean to. He's also a big scaredy cat.
Ambitions: He seeks to meet new people and learn new things.
Starter Pixelmon: [ Any naturally level 5 Pokemon! No Legendaries/Mythicals ]
Rufflet
Skin: (Please include a screenshot of the front and back or the skin itself.)

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[Respond to at least 2 of the 3 scenarios. There is a one full paragraph (at least 5 sentences) minimum for each of the scenarios you choose, and responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?
Athi looks at her with a smile on his face and says " Of course, I'll try my best to help you". He then climbs the tree and slowly aproaches the scared meowth "Come here buddy, I'm not going to hurt you" he tries to calm the meowth down. He gently grabs him and because he's a smart guy he knows the saying "meowths always land on their feet" he let's go of the poor pokemon dropping him down.

After arriving in Toro a cheerful woman walks up to you, a clipboard in her hand. “Hello and welcome to Toro! I would like to ask where you came from and why you came, as well as where you plan to go. All for for statistical reasons of course.” she asked with a bright smile as she held a pen to her clipboard. How does your character respond?
"Sure" says Athi and takes the clipboard. He doesnt know how to write so he roughly draws the land he was visiting last time. Then next to it he draws himself with a group of other people. Athi then gives the women the clipboard with a big smile on his face.

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer's in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pixelball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?
He looks at the trainer and asks him if he wants to have a pokemon battle not fully understanding whats going on. AFter hearing the response he takes out his pokeball and with a big grin on his face sends out his rufflet.
stowaway8888
MC name: stowaway8888/Dayre_

Re: Athi's application

Hey! I'm Stow, and I'll be handling your application - SO SORRY for the long wait! There's some stuff you'll need to fix before I can approve this, though!

-Your roleplaying definition is sorta right, but I want you to elaborate a little more on it!
-Your definition for meta-gaming is wrong-ish. I'd recommend looking at older apps to define it a little more for how we see it - though in your own words!
-Power-gaming, I want you to elaborate more on. See advice above.
-Your definition for retroactive continuity is also something I want you to elaborate more on.

-Your appearance section isn't five sentences, which we require as a minimum.
-Elaborate more on your biography! You mention he doesn't have parents - what orphanage is he from? Why did he decide to come to the Toro region specifically, compared to other regions he could have traveled to?

-Your first open response is a lotta run on sentences. Break it up so it's five sentences.
-Open response two needs to be five sentences.

Fix these issues up, and I'll take another look! Also, Toro is a server that does require good grammar, punctuation, and spelling, so I recommend fixing up any errors in those areas on your app too.

Return to “Inactive Applications”