What exactly is Toro?
Toro is a modded roleplay server based around an original region called Toro, taking place in an alternate Pokemon universe before modern times in what we describe as a ‘retro-cool’ setting.
This universe is set apart from the games so characters like Professor Oak, Ash Ketchum, and Giovanni, don’t exist. The technology and aesthetics wise we're somewhere closer to the 50s-60s, before Flatscreen TVs, Cellphones, Music Players, DVDs, Computers - Outside of typical Pokemon use of course!
Toro is also a progressive server & country though, so wearing anything beyond a suit 24/7 is totally acceptable (just no hoodies and headphones please) , and people are accepting of all, regardless of gender, race, sexuality and such!
How do I join?
You can join by filling out the Whitelist Application found here
to the Whitelist Applications subforum
Can I have another character?
If you wish to create a new character on a new account, post a thread in the Character Profiles subforum with your new character’s profile. You can only have one character per account, and you must wait for the new character to be accepted before playing them.
Where it says to put your Minecraft Name please let us know if it's a new account so we know to whitelist it. There is also no need to create a new forums account for the new Minecraft account, please keep all of your minecraft accounts on the same forums account.
If you wish to replace your old character you can either soft-reroll or hard-reroll your character. To do this create a new character profile and specify that you want to re-roll, what type of re-roll you’re doing, and the account you’re rerolling. You can more information on this under 2.6 in the server rules.
Pix is the currency of the server, and is a word used to replace ‘Poke’ sometimes!
Where can I build?
You can build in your character’s homes; you can rent a home in one of the towns by talking to their mayors oocly or icly! You can view a little bit of information about towns and their homes here
. Otherwise, if you're interested in building anywhere else, you can ask a GM about it! Though, unless if it's something like a small camp or a tent, it'll likely not be allowed without good RP behind it.
Note, please do follow the rules of the town or location you’re allowed to build in. Generally, you’re not allowed to change the exterior of your home too much (with the exception of the garden) without asking permission.
Where can I find (Pixelmon / Object)?
We encourage players to ICly ask other characters if they’re looking for a specific Pixelmon for object. There are many nesting areas for Pixelmon on specific areas of the map, but we encourage players to ICly ask other characters or to explore! Be sure to check the Aurelia Department store!
Can I help with lore / building / event stuff too?
Player input and suggestions are encouraged by the GMs, and if you want to help with lore you can fill out one of the forms in the appropriate thread in the Toro Lore subforum
! We suggest you speak to a GM as you work on the form. If you wish to help with anything staff related such as applications, building, coordinating events, or more, you can find the applications for different staff positions here
to fill out after staying with the server for some time!
Alternatively, if you only wish to do small one-off mini-events you think of, you can just contact a staff about it. We’re open to helping you create events, and a guide on creating such mini-events can be found here
TBA! What will be here: What’s needed to run Toro, main mod(s), recommended mods, optional mods, link to tekkit. For now, information on downloading our modpack can be found in the Discord! We have a modpack up on the Technic Launcher, but the Discord also provides individual links. Read the #rules-and-resources channel in the Discord.
In case you got on but aren't exactly sure what there is to do, here's a few things. Of course there's much more, but it's just some basic things in no particular order!
Quick Money Guide
● Jobs: Your character can get a job which will give you a stable way to earn pix each week. A good way to find one is IC speaking with a character who works at one of the various Job Centers around Toro, they can help recommend jobs both on and off the list that would better suit your character.
Job Center Employee(s)
• Mimi LeGrand [Player: Rosy]
• Lizette [Player: Misha]
Alternatively, you can look through the Public Job Spreadsheet
yourself, but if there’s nothing that suits your character we recommend speaking with a Job Center Employee. You can even just ask around ICly or wander till you find a place you want to work.
● Owning a Business: Any player is allowed to make their own business with a bit of roleplay. If you get an idea of something you want to do, you can speak to one of the mayors about opening a business in their town. If your character doesn’t have enough pix for what they want to do, most mayors are willing to negotiate, or you could even reach out and ask others ICly for support starting it.
● Pixelmon Drops: Most shopkeeper NPCs you see around will let you sell various drops you can get from fighting pokemon. Notably, this method of making money should not considered IC; instead you can say your character does various small jobs around Toro.
● Fishing & Farming: You can pass time and earn some pix by getting a normal fishing pole and selling them at the market in Adamas. Also in a few cities there’s a public farm where you can save money by eating (and possibly cooking) what you get there rather than having to buy food or crops.
Your character can rent a home or apartment to live in, or even possibly own one in enough time if you work and save up enough.
● Pokemon Centers: Your character can stay in the Pokemon Centers in any town for free! Generally this can be found on the second floor or higher in most centers. It does not have secure storages, but it’s at least some place for you character to lie down at night icly. You should be able to use the decocraft storages and such there- just can't blame anyone if it's stolen!
● Government Housing: For the first three or so weeks your character is in Toro, or until your character gets a home or job, your character can be provided a temporary apartment in Aurelia from the government. If you want this please contact a GM or the mayor of Aurelia to help you set one up!
● Cheap Hotels: There's some places where your character can stay in a place for cheap that's secure even if you can't decorate it or alter it much. One of these places is The Sleepy Sunflora in Canvas which costs 500 pix a season for a room- just ask Misha to set that up!
● Sprocket: In Cobalt there's a small area hidden away where people can just claim places as wanted. If there's any available places you can just walk in and claim it as your own- generally by putting a sign outside the door showing it's not available. While you can technically stay there long term, if it's used there's no guarantee your stuff still stay safe- especially without locks!
Walk to ask around till you find out where you want to live and then speak to the mayor! The thread linked not only gives an idea of the rent you may pay, but also has a list of various facilities each town has.
If you want a bigger home but don’t earn enough, something that’s always fun is having roommates for your character; talk with others and plan out something!