Blanc
MC name: RoombaGammamon

Marrinete Reyes Application Submission

-Player Questions-
Minecraft Username:
Discord Username: BlancBonk
Pronouns (optional): Any
Where did you hear about us: Discord friend who’s also applying with me minerd
Tell us a little about yourself: I like pokemon a lot. I started off with using roms since I couldn’t really get my hands on physical copies at the time. My first game was pokemon sun for the 3ds and my first ds game was Pokemon Black! I really like the pokemon Snivy from Unova. It's always my starter! However…. my favorite is by far pikachu as basic as it is he’s still my favorite! The whole line is in fact not just him!

-Roleplay Questions-
[ Please use your own words & You are free to delete anything of the things in ()s ]
What is meta-gaming?: Meta-gaming is using information that the character doesn’t know to take advantage in character. As an example, if I discovered out of character that a person got a badge, I shall not use that information in character, talking with that player about the badge that he got.
What is power-gaming / god-modding?: Power gaming occurs when a person plays just to be powerful and does it without developing it with roleplay. An example of power gaming is battling against other people without RPing, just to get more exp on his pokemons.. Powergaming is not giving a character the chance to react and choosing their actions for them such as "Pikachu uses thunderbolt to immediately knock out Daisy" that would be powergaming as its not giving the other person a chance to react. The god-modding happens when a person does a RP that isn’t capable of following the laws of that universe. An example of this could be a charmander burning a city alone with just one flamethrower.
What is retroactive continuity? (retcon): Retroactive continuity is when a character does one thing that doesn’t combine with his past. For example, a character that got traumatized by the sea for taking his parents away would not make sense for him to go surf with a pokemon without overcoming the trauma.
What is Character Bleed, and how can you prevent it? : Character bleed is when a person feels the in character of himself, like, if the character doesn’t complete his objectives, the person in real life will feel bad about it.
Do you have previous experience playing on a RP server?: Yes I do, I am an administrator of a pokemon roleplay game too.

-General Character Questions-
[There is a 80+ word minimum for appearance, 150+ word minimum for biography, and 150+ word minimum for personality. But feel free to do more! Your first character must come from a region that isn't Toro, you must include your character's home town.]
Full name: Marinette Reyes
Appearance: She looks somewhat short standing around about five foot five. Her hair is very long and light coffee brown. She has bright light blue eyes that give a caring vibe. She wears an outfit themed to her favorite pokemon pikachu. She is somewhat thin however has oversized clothes as she enjoys being comfortable with what she wears. Usually wearing very saggy or baggy clothes if she changed her outfit at all in the first place. She gives off a sort of soothing aura when around.
Personality: A girl who seems to give good vibes all around all though at times she seems like she’s up to something, she’s somewhat sneaky and uses that to her advantage a lot. She is usually very nice though and seems to have a childish look on life. She does what she feels like doing most of the time. Usually lets about one person she trusts to stop her from doing what she wants. However she can act more mature when needed as she does know the concept of death and such. She can get pretty annoying at times though however. She likes to explore whenever she can as she didn't have much time for that at home most of the time. She shows immense kindness though is pretty gullible at times believing anything she's told most of the time. She enjoys spending quality time with her friends well that is what she plans to do when she has some apart from her pokemon!
Biography: Marinette was a very wealthy person in Unova however her parents were very protective of her and whenever she wanted to go out she had to take someone with her. The city she lived in was Nimbasa city next to a huge forest which her parents never told her to go to. She lived in Unova her whole life and rarely brought her out, however she always was curious about other regions and read books on them to try and understand what she could. It was a mix but it was mainly Alola and Hoenn. Marinette did receive special schooling mainly in the environment such as navigating ocean routes and berry farming. Eventually her parents decided she needed to get a pokemon and decided to take her to a region of her choice to find one she herself had to befriend. Eventually choosing Johto where she went around with her bodyguard looking for a suitable pokemon. Eventually stumbling across something very tiny, it was a small yellow mouse. It seemed scary for some reason. She decided to pick it up and her bodyguard insisted she choose something else if it were to be this. Suddenly a Ursaring appeared and the bodyguard sent out a pokemon to defend a Lycanroc. The Pichu seemed to tremble and be frightened of the big pokemon. Eventually it ran away though she apologized to the pokemon she couldn’t do anything. Pichu thought the girl wouldn’t keep it safe and run away like a coward. However, even though she didn’t fend it off as she had no pokemon, she decided to go along with her. Maybe together they could become stronger. Eventually after a lot of consideration Marinette’s parents decided to let her go to a different region which they didn’t name. However she was very excited, nevertheless finally the day came and she took a ship there, eventually making it the region Toro! She didn't know much about it if anything she was excited though she was finally somewhere apart from home.
Flaws: She has a childish outlook on things and has been secluded most of her life making her easily believe lies and rarely takes consideration on anything someone says making her easy to manipulate.
Ambitions: To meet as many pokemon as possible she wants to explore and befriend every pokemon it may be basic but she was secluded most of her life it would be bound to be basic….
Starter Pokemon: Pichu (Size: Microscopic, Gender: Male, Nature: Modest)
Skin: Image

-Open Response Questions-
-Write in third person!-
[There is a 150+ word minimum for two of the scenarios, you can choose which. You only need to do 2 out of 3. Responses must be written in third person and formatted like RP instead of a description. Like: ' Steve focuses on the girl with a gasp and asks, " How can I help? " ' Other than ' Steve would answer the call to help the cat! Feel free to make responses for the NPC in order to meet this requirement.]

You find yourself standing in a bustling town. Suddenly, a small girl runs up to you, her eyes seeming to glisten with fresh tears as her bottom lip quivers. “Please!” She cries out to you, “You must help me! My poor Meowth is stuck in a tree!” She points to a nearby tree as more tears spill out of her eyes and down her cheeks. How does your character respond?

Marinette was walking down the street of the town trying to explore. Suddenly a girl runs up to her. Marinette stared at her and said: “Is something wrong?”. The small girl was crying “Meowth is stuck in a tree, you need to help me please!” Marinette's big sister instincts activated “Alright take me to the tree Meowth is stuck on okay?” Marinette then follows the small girl to where the tree was at. As soon as she got there she grabbed a pokeball and let out her micro pichu. “Pichu, can you try to convince Meowth to come down?” the small mouse nodded “Pichu!~” Pichu said in a high pitched voice as it climbed up the tree and tried to talk to the Meowth however it seemed scared and Pichu sighed. “Alright Pichu, just try to calm Meowth down.” Marinette then climbs up the tree and grabs the Meowth as her Pichu climbs down, eventually getting a head on her head “Here you go your Meowth is safe and sound!” the small girl wipes her tears and says “Thank you! You're super nice. I hope we see each other again someday!”

You are walking along the road when your eyes lock onto a trainer in the distance. At that moment, you both freeze in place. You see a glimmer in the trainer's eyes as he reaches for his Pokeball. "Go, Rattata! Show this chump what we've been training for!" the trainer shouts as he swiftly releases his chosen partner in the vacant space that separates the two of you. How does your character respond?

Marinette was walking along the road when she saw a trainer in the distance she froze a bit awkwardly as he stared at her. “Eh?... Ummm okay sure?” Marinette really battled so this would probably be a good experience; her first opponent is a Rattata. Marinette sends out her own Pichu as the trainer looks at her “Is that my opponent?! HAHAHA” he laughs it off “This will be very easy!” he says Marinette looks at him slightly annoyed “Alright Pichu let's start off with Thunder Shock!” The little Pichu let out a surprisingly large thundershock, the Rattata taking a good bit of damage. “How can it be so strong?! It's so small! Rattata counter with Quick Attack!” Pichu then tries to dodge it but hits it! “Pichu uses a thundershock again!” The Rattata was then finally knocked out after what felt like forever. She somehow managed to win her first battle, maybe being secluded and learning a whole lot wasn’t that bad! Marinette thought to herself, eventually walking away and continuing on with her day.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Re: Marrinete Reyes Application Submission

Welcome! Thank you for the changes!
When you get online, you can notify a staff with a starter of your choice, with whatever specifications you could want! Custom Size / Nature / Gender / Non-HA Ability ( if you want one of these, you're best with asking around )
I'll also let you know, since it's easy to miss but! We do level the playing field a little bit and provide Max IVs / near Max IVs for Hidden Powers - though people still need to breed if they want specific stats ( like 0 atk ) and for the rest :3 ! There's a NPC to do that in our Battle Tower!

But outside of all that WELCOME! The IP is server.toro-league.com:7777 and
You can find links to the Technic Pack or individual mod links in the #rules-and-resources channel of discord, along with most important info! You can always ask if you have any questions or concerns.
^^ I recommend giving the New Player Guide a read~

Return to “Accepted Applications”