Jhin's funny ET application

KingJhin87
MC name: TrulyJhin4444
Discord: KingJhin87

Jhin's funny ET application

Preferred Name: Jhin/Snake. Whichever works
MC Username: SnakeKing87
Time Zone: PST
Number of hours available: Anywhere from 4-10 hours a day, varying each day.
How long you have been playing on Toro League: I think about 2-2.5 years now?

Why do you want to join Event Team?: I've always had an interest in hosting events for communities and individuals. I feel excited when I get to be involved in the process of making the stories of a community, along with being able to give individuals personalized events for there characters.
Do you have any past experiences of any similar positions?: Not really? I've been apart of story creation for other servers, but I'm unsure if those count.

What can you bring to this team?: I know a decent amount of story writing, along with some ability to act and improve along with planning! I run semi-regular DND sessions so I feel as though those skills can transfer over.
Examples: N/A

Have you ran or helped with any Toro events before?: I've ran a tournament event along with a lesson event, however I have not helped with other events.
Have you helped with any other parts of the event process?: I have never gotten the chance to help with other parts of the event process!
Are you capable of running or helping in events with a higher number of players?: I feel as though I would be able to help run events with a higher number of players!
Are you capable of running combat-oriented events?: I do believe I would be able to run combat-oriented events, so long as I get a basic idea of how Toro's combat works (as I don't go to combat events often.)

Now, create an event and write at least a one paragraph summary. Then, complete the following questions:
(I am assuming I should write the paragraph summary here)-
The Toro League cave expeditions: Toro has recently come across new cave systems that were previously undiscovered, and fliers had went out for trainers to help out an expedition team! Players would be able to explore a vast cave system with several open paths, each leading to rewards... or danger. Players would encounter High-Leveled, dangerous wild pokemon in the caverns, such as Tyranitar or Golem, and would be expected to take down the pokemon before anyone get's injured. Players would likely be injured during the event, and would need to be ready to get out if it seems like they would die. At the end, vast treasures and artifacts would be discovered, that could be given to the museum!
(1) Describe any effects or props that would be needed and how to implement them.
Some sort of artifact would need to be chiseled and created. The artifact would be implemented at the end for the reward, a massive discovery for Toroans. Could have something to do with a god's mythology or something? Very open ended.
(2) Write a basic outline for a character to be used in an event. Essentially, an actor should be able to read it and become the character you want them to.
Earl L Moxly (I am bad at names)
Earl L Moxly is the lead expedition member of the expedition, and would have vast knowledge on caves and ancient history. An intelligent man for sure, excitable and witty, but very weak and frail, and often rushes ahead without thinking over his plan. The man is very skinny, basically having noodle arms, and has a pair of glasses that he tends to wipe away. He carries a small satchel on his side, where he stores his gear. His partner pokemon would be an Excadrill, that doesn't really care for anyone or anything.
(3) Create a list of ten emotes to be used in the event. (I'll be using Italics for actions and Bold for pokemon stuff!)
1. A skinny, tall man approached the group of Toroans. An Excadrill at his side, the man would have a big grin across his face, with an excitable look being plastered across his face. "Ah, hello there! The name is Earl, and I am so excited that you have all joined this expedition! It is nice to meet you all!" The Excadrill gives a grunt of acknowledgement at the group.
2. Earl ran straight through the cave entrance, with the group right behind him! The group would go down a long path, before the pathway opened into a small room. with 5 paths leading down different directions."Well well well! Many paths for many different adventures." Earl tries to run down a hallway, but his Excadrill stops him, and points to the group."Oh right. Uh, so how do we want to do this? We can split up, or explore as a large group!" Earl turns his head towards the group, waiting for an answer.
3. Down one of the many pathways, the group stumbled upon what seems to be a mostly empty room... however, before they can turn around, the stones in the room begin to move, revealing a group of Roggenrola and Geodude! Begin combat.
4. The group of Roggenrola and Geodude have been defeated, as the group takes a moment to get there bearings, Earl speaks up. "Well that was quite exciting, wasn't in chaps? Take a breather, and then we'll go back the way we came." Earl seemed excited still, especially as he had not gotten into the thick of the fight with everyone else.
5. The group, having made there way back, went down a different path. The path was long, and tedious to keep going down, but eventually the group made it to an open area, with no other pathways, but the walls were covered in priceless gems! It seems as though they would need to come back and collect this later, or now if the group was willing to risk it.
6. The group, having headed down another pathway, would enter a room with other connecting areas, that much was noticeable. However... more noticeable was a sleeping Tyranitar in the center, a slight snoozing easily heard by the entire group. It would be very dangerous to wake it up...
7. Someone woke up the sleeping giant in the center, a loud roar filling the ears of the entire group, as it glared with pure hatred. The Tyranitar was awake, and it was pissed at anyone who dared to awaken it. With the Tyranitars Roar, a sandstorm picked up. Begin combat!
8. The Tyranitar was barely defeated, laying unconscious, and no signs of it waking up. Suddenly, the group would see an Ultra Ball be tossed, the ball hitting the sleeping Tyranitar. 1 shakel, 2 shakes, 3 shakes, Click. The group would find the originator of the ball, Earl? "Oh- Hehe, sorry. I just didn't want it waking up on us, plus I have heard Tyranitar are good at protecting people. Don't worry, I'll try to tame it!" With the Tyranitar defeated, it was time to begin exploring. There are 3 pathways to choose, which one does the group decide on.
9. Someone used Earthquake underground! The cave begins to shake, and rocks begin to fall from the ceiling. This room is about to cave in, run before it's too late! "RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN!" Earl cried out. Even he knew that this was a bad idea. Keep running trainers!
10. As the group enters the last hall, they would see a bright shining light, a pedestal in the middle with the light reflecting off of the crystals down onto it, creating a beautiful scene. "Well I'll be, we have just found something quite extraordinary, haven't we chaps? You've all done well on this adventure, thank you. Now, let's see what is on that pedestal."

What is one weakness you have that might hinder your ability to work on this team?: Mostly my sporadic schedule? I can sometimes have stuff to do randomly and not be able to get on, or I can sometimes not be in the best mindset for an event.

Anything else we need to know: Not anything no!

Return to “Accepted Applications”