Update on Update

kcband36
MC name: kcband36

Update on Update

Hey guys, haven’t wrote one of these kinds of posts in.. well almost two years! Coming up in September it will be two years since we updated to 1.7.10 and within those two years Toro has grown to what it is today. During this time mods updated to 1.8.9, and many other things behind the scenes changed. Within the last few months the last pieces needed to update have fallen into place and now the first steps forward are now being taken. So this post is here to update everyone on our plans.

Game Plan: There will be a more thorough and well explained post in the future on the specifics of the plan to update once we get closer to beginning the test server that all this work will be done on. However, in short the plan right now is to do all testing and work on a separate server than the main one and once it comes time to release the update the work done on the test server will be brought to the live server.

Carpenters Blocks: Carpenters Blocks is the mod everyone loves and hates, but now mostly hate as it will not be updating to 1.8.9 thus we need to find a replacement for it. Currently the GM team is looking between two replacements, Architecturecraft and Chisel & Bits. We have yet to decide on which one we will be using but once it is figured out the GM team will be sure to notify everyone.

Death to Fridges: In my personal testing with the update to 1.8.9 I have found that world will crash if it contains MrCrayfish Fridges! So I ask that people stop using them, if they find one let ET or GMs know and we’ll come to replace it with a decocraft version. However, we’ll need to replace ALL of these in order to update.

Return to “Archives”