The Hunt Begins!

Sn0wfa11
MC name: Sn0wfa11

The Hunt Begins!

The evening news continues onward as it usually would, one ordinary autumn night in Toro. “-and that’s the latest on Toro’s rumored recent rash of crimes against our wonderful neighbors. Now for the weather-”

The signal cuts out on all of Toro’s televisions and is momentarily replaced with a message that flashes on the screen for more than a minute:

TORO’S HEART HAS LONG HIDDEN A GREAT TREASURE. AFTER DECADES, I REVEAL ITS SECRETS TO THE ONE WHO CAN FOLLOW THE WINDING PATH OF TRUTH. SOLVE THE MYSTERY AND PROVE YOUR WISDOM. THE SHIFTING SAND OF TRUTH IS OFTEN ONLY VISIBLE FROM THE END.

WDFVLPLJFPLXICKNIJZPPTXDOCVIBTXXLHLHNTHDHIZTJPLWNDLWYIJJNWLWYCWMNLAAFCGIVTKDYPKNQWWCM
WSSILKVLDOAICYTMIXDFAGLNWSIIULWYUAGMIXAUVGUWDEBYGUTNWWGYAATMIZTHTPIMIWEJXFVMIGCY

GOOD LUCK MY FRIENDS.

Then the weather report comes back in. It predicts more weirdly erratic rain, as usual.

The next day, various newspapers and news outlets would be covering the story, making the mysterious message easily available to all.

-------------OOC---------------------

Hi everybody! Thus begins the mysterious treasure hunt (see http://toro-league.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=3762 )! While I will not provide ANY help IC or OOC, there may be actions you need to take on this hunt that require informing me for them to work. If you need to, you’ll know what I mean. Otherwise, this series of riddles and clues will be something that can be followed without direct action by me. However, not all of the clues are currently in place- while it is unlikely that anyone will be solving them faster than I can place them, and there are some things built into the structure of this that prevent too much rushing, it is possible that you could reach a dead end if you get ahead of my clue placement. Accordingly, I will be updating this space with a notifier when each next clue has been placed, though I will provide no other details. I also reserve the right to distort this information as needed in order to prevent it from providing any undue OOC clues.

Other than that, go right ahead and start mystery-solving! I will not provide any feedback except for DMing particular environmental actions if and only if you have one to take that is necessary. If you abuse requests for this as a system of guesses, I will make fun of you and then be sad, so don’t do that. That would probably not help anyway. If you ask me for any hints or help I will also make fun of you but then not be sad, so you’re on your own. However, you are on your COLLECTIVE own: feel free to work together! I only ask that you do so ICly so as to generate more RP.

I hope you’ll all enjoy it!
Sn0wfa11
MC name: Sn0wfa11

Re: The Hunt Begins!

The second and third riddles now also exist! This should not be construed as a reason for anyone to give up or anything if you haven't made any progress- just letting you know that if you solve the first there's more waiting now.

Return to “Archives”