Speed Up Your Minecraft! ((Allocating RAM Guide))

Admin-created or player-created; still handy information.
Rosy
MC name: Rosy

Speed Up Your Minecraft! ((Allocating RAM Guide))

Hello hello!

Lego Overlord and GM-C here with a what appears to be an ad on the sidebar of websites.

As many of you know Toro runs quite a few mods. Actually... More like several. Dozen. Or so. This can be quite memory intensive! So, what we're going to go over today is how to help your computer run Minecraft. What we'll be doing is called "allocating more RAM to Minecraft".

This is a really simple process, but the way I'm presenting it is going to make it look complicated. Don't worry though! It's just because I'm going to start with an introduction to RAM in general. If you already know what RAM is, how much RAM you have, and how much RAM you want to allocate to Minecraft, skip to "How do I run Minecraft with more RAM?" If not, read ahead.

What is RAM?

How much RAM do I have?
How much RAM should I run Minecraft with?
How do I run Minecraft with more RAM? Make sure it worked!
Additional Notes
Alrighty! That's it! If you got this far, congratulations! It's really a simple process! Just change one number. I hope this helped explain some things. I especially hope it helps your game run better! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post a reply below. Thanks for reading~

TL;DR: You should have 4 Dedotated WAM to your server.

Return to “Guides and Tutorials”